• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

End of 22-23 Season QB Rankings

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure what this list is based on...

seems all over the place...

top 3 is everyones top 3... i think past the top 3 i disagree with this list throughout,,,

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confused on the criteria.....is this a ranking for the year? Week? Last half of the season? 2023?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confused on the criteria.....is this a ranking for the year? Week? Last half of the season? 2023?

and purdy being a top 10 just because his team is so great!!

but lawrence, who is seen as one of the brightest futures, and brought his team to the playoffs is not even top 12

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think pretty much every QB from after the top 6 or so until the mid 20s is pretty much interchangeable in this league. Give any of those guys equal weapons, OL and system and they will all perform very much the same. The top guys are all well above them and the bottom guys are mostly backups thrust into starting roles on usually bad teams. Even some of those backups would likely grade out somewhat better in good environments. Perfect example is Geno. Broke most of Wilson's single season records with better OL play, 3 solid TEs, good play calling from Waldron, weapons in DK and Lockett and a solid run game. Put almost any of those middle tier QBs out there and likely similar results.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun Fact: If Brissett played over Watson, the Brownies might have had a wildcard spot. Oh well.
Kinda doubting that. The Browns weren't in the playoffs bc of their defense the first half of the season and basically losing every close game possible.

NYJ - miracle loss
LAC, ATL, BAL - all losses they had a chance to win. Lost combined 8 points

Losing to the Saints in under zero degree weather wasn't the detriment.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Mahomes - KC
2. Allen - BUF
3. Burrow - CIN
4. Herbert - LAC
5. Hurts - PHI
6. Rodgers - GB
7. Prescott - DAL
8. Brady - TB
9. Purdy - SF
10. Jackson - BAL
11. Tua - MIA
12. Cousins - MIN
13. Jones - NYG
14. Goff - DET
15. Lawrence - JAX
16. Carr - LV
17. Smith - SEA
18. Tannehill- TEN
19. Pickett - PIT
20. Heinicke - WAS
21. Jones - NE
22. Stafford - LAR
23. Watson - CLE
24. Fields - CHI
25. Wilson - DEN
26. Dalton - NO
27. Murray - AZ
28. Mariota - ATL
29. Mills - HOU
30. Darnold - CAR
31. Multiple - IND
32. Multiple - NYJ

The "Multiple" brothers obviously are no relation to the "Manning" brothers being so low on the list :D

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's one year, but Geno is too low on that list. He was a top 5 QB rating player, top 6 QBR, and led the entire league in completion percentage for QBs that qualified - and top 10 in rushing yards for a QB. That was with two rookie OTs, one of the worst centers in the league, a starting RB that went down (Penny was doing pretty well at the end of last season and started out good, over 6 YPC in 2022), and a defense that couldn't stop a cold if they were wearing a hazmat suit. Granted he had DK and Lockett for most of the season who are two excellent receivers, but there was nobody really outside of those 2.... fortunately Waldron likes to use tight ends, and Seattle's tight ends did okay, but they're not even close to comparable to Kelce/Kittle...

If this is your go forward ranking or just general opinion, fine... but if it's based on the actual season, I think some folks need to be switched. And Purdy shouldn't be that high.... he has one of the best tight ends in the game, a good OL and running attack, and one of the best defenses. It doesn't take that much to win on the 49ers team... He had two games (out of six started) where he threw more than 26 times... and they weren't horrible performances, but his worst ones nevertheless.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We suffered through some terrible Mac games, wasn’t all his fault, but …

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We suffered through some terrible Mac games, wasn’t all his fault, but …
he's a young guy.
you got to be able to give him some proper coaching. Not some DC saying you know what I would do if I were an OC.

I would say the book is still open on him!

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's a young guy.
you got to be able to give him some proper coaching. Not some DC saying you know what I would do if I were an OC.

I would say the book is still open on him!
Probably the book is still open, but he needs to speed up his progression and learn to read whatever pocket there could be. He makes it hard for the line to create pocket.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably the book is still open, but he needs to speed up his progression and learn to read whatever pocket there could be. He makes it hard for the line to create pocket.
have you guys fired your OC/DC yet? Or he aint got a fighting chance.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
have you guys fired your OC/DC yet? Or he aint got a fighting chance.
Are we the only team that does not have OC and DC? Probably so.

We have a HC who is also GM, and by default OC and DC. Sounds draconic in this day and age, but is true.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems things are moving in that direction.
Are we the only team that does not have OC/DC? A HC who is also GM, and by default OC and DC. Sounds draconic in this day and age, but is true.
well your OC is an actual DC playing an OC for the HC that apparently plays the OC & the DC, when he isnt to busy playing the GM.
Wait. What? Huh?

So I hope you are apart of a rarity of this scenario.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well your OC is an actual DC playing an OC for the HC that apparently plays the OC & the DC, when he isnt to busy playing the GM.
Wait. What? Huh?

So I hope you are apart of a rarity of this scenario.
Yes indeed. It is very confusing and I aim to dwell and partake in that past ordeal as little as possible. On to 2023.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda doubting that. The Browns weren't in the playoffs bc of their defense the first half of the season and basically losing every close game possible.

NYJ - miracle loss
LAC, ATL, BAL - all losses they had a chance to win. Lost combined 8 points

Losing to the Saints in under zero degree weather wasn't the detriment.
I think He's right, and my buddy who is a Cleveland fan also mentioned the same to me.

Since Houston when Watson took over at QB - the offense (no defensive/ST TD's) scored:

6, 10, 10, 24, 14 points. In the 11 games prior, they scored less than 20pts just 3 times (I did remove ST/DST again).

A competent offense against the Ravens (scored 20 earlier in the year) could have won that game. Same for NO, or WAS, or Pitt (who you scored 22 earlier in the year - removed Ward fumble/TD).

And it's not just about points, either sustaining drives, flipping the field, and ensuring the defense gets enough rest. Now, I don't watch Browns games in general, so these areas you'd likely have to fill in on how the offense was doing - but from what I saw when Watson return was complete dysfunction on offense for the vast majority of drives - especially early on (which isn't a surprise).

Brissett isn't a world-beater, but if he leads this offense to 20pts, on average, against the final 4 teams the Browns likely win at least 2 more games, maybe 3.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think He's right, and my buddy who is a Cleveland fan also mentioned the same to me.

Since Houston when Watson took over at QB - the offense (no defensive/ST TD's) scored:

6, 10, 10, 24, 14 points. In the 11 games prior, they scored less than 20pts just 3 times (I did remove ST/DST again).

A competent offense against the Ravens (scored 20 earlier in the year) could have won that game. Same for NO, or WAS, or Pitt (who you scored 22 earlier in the year - removed Ward fumble/TD).

And it's not just about points, either sustaining drives, flipping the field, and ensuring the defense gets enough rest. Now, I don't watch Browns games in general, so these areas you'd likely have to fill in on how the offense was doing - but from what I saw when Watson return was complete dysfunction on offense for the vast majority of drives - especially early on (which isn't a surprise).

Brissett isn't a world-beater, but if he leads this offense to 20pts, on average, against the final 4 teams the Browns likely win at least 2 more games, maybe 3.
Watson is clearly their future. At some point, you have to rip off the band aid and have him shake off two years worth of rust. If Watson is their future, what organization in their right mind tables that so they MIGHT slip into the playoffs as a 7 seed and get douched on the road with a Brissett led team in a playoff game? Makes no sense.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not taking anything away from Purdy's epic run - but I think it's fair to point out 2 things, IMO:

There is little tape out on him yet - it'll be interesting to see how much of this is sustainable once defenses do have a chance to get more film on him.

3 of the last 4 teams faced, the defense ranked 25, 26, and 31st in PPG - with WAS being the only top ranked defense faced (and credit to him for playing well enough in that game 13-18 is really solid, but only 166 yards, and a lot of stalled drives. Arguably best play in that game was the 71 yard TD run, but I digress).

If we are going to place him top 10 on 4 games, then he's certainly deserving - if you wanted to keep him a bit lower because, well, it's only bee 4 games of which 3 have been against some pretty not great defenses...also understandable.

But, his 4+ game stretch has been...well....remarkable, to say the least.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

no knock on him... but he has only played 6 games... and the 49ers dont know whether he will be the QB of the future yet... especially with the high draft pick Trey lance...

But then again.. we dont know how the OP based his picks... it could have just been who wears his favourite colours or favourite numbers...