• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ranking all 32 QBs for 2019.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Brady - Still a good QB, but if this is a ranking of just QBs for the season, he's not #1. He didn't come close to leading the league in any category last year. Admittedly, he's the GOAT, but he's not the best QB in the NFL anymore.

8. Mahommes - You've gotta be kidding me having him this low. He's the reigning MVP and you barely have him top 10 at his own position? Come on.

9. Ryan - This is also far too low. 3rd in yards, 3rd in TD, 4th in QB rating, with only 7 INTs. He's top 5.

13. Stafford - You have to be kidding me having him in the top 15. Having him ahead of Newton, Prescott, Mayfield, and Cousins is absurd.

16. Garappollo - Based on what? The guy has proven nothing whatsoever.

17. Prescott - While I don't think he's elite, he's a top 15 QB no questions asked.

18. Mayfield - Breaks the rookie TD record in 13 games, was rated the 8th best QB per PFF, adds one of the top WRs in the NFL, and he's barely top 20? Give me a break.

19. Cousins - 70% comp, 30 TD, 10 INT, 4300 yards, the guy is a top 10 QB.

Brady has played in 4 out of the last 5 Super Bowls. He's the best QB until he misses a Super Bowl.

Mahommes was dominant last year. Want to see him do it again before he goes higher. Same for Mayfield.

Ryan and Stafford are about the same QB. Put up nice stats. Don't do much else. Ryan at least went to a SB though and can consistently get his team to the playoffs. Kudos to Matt.

Garapollo has proven when he isn't injured he can lead a poor team to victory. That's better than a lot of the guys below him cam say.

Prescott has done almost nothing in the NFL. If you want stats, fine, bit winning is what counts.

And Cousins has done less than that. He is the anti-Garapollo. He took what was a 13 win team and turned them into a .500 team. He puts up huge stats on decent teams and loses. None come more mediocre than Kirk Cousins.

Last edited:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were it not for Mahomes, Mayfield's performance as a 1st year starter would be generating a great deal more hype, I suspect.
There are some signs there that Mayfield could be the NFLs next big thing. Browns were really good in the red zone and that seems to be Watson's Achilles heel. I think I read that Mayfield had 0 dropped INTs last year so his Int total might actually go down in more games next year.

The only real knock on Mayfield is his schedule he played last year and the teams/defenses he was playing against but he is in a great position to be a top 5 QB.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redskins literally thought he was too mediocre to pay.

On the Vikings he had 7.1 YPA and managed to miss the playoffs with one of the most talented teams in the league. Only had 1 4th quarter comeback last year and 0 game winning drives. Ranked 14th-19th in various footballoutsiders rankings.

He is a Matt Stafford and not a franchise QB until he proves it imo. I might be a little low on him but he isnt anywhere near top 10
Cousins didn't miss the playoffs, the Vikings missed the playoffs. They had one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL, a lackluster group of RBs, and it was his first year on the team.

Also, the Redskins thought it'd be smart to give perennial game manager Alex Smith $94m over 4 years with $55m guaranteed when he was turning 34, so it's not like they're known for making smart moves at QB. Hopefully Haskins can change that, but we'll see.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ranking the quarterbacks for all 32 teams in 2019

for those not wanting to go through the scrolling.

32. Haskins/redskins
31. Murray/Cards
30. Winston/Buccs
29. Carr/Raiders
28. Rosen/Dolphins
27. Allen/Bills
26. Manning/Giants
25. Dalton/Bengals (Oh shit ms. Chaney)
24. Darnold/Jets
23. Jimmy G./49ers
22. Mariota/Titans
21. Stafford/Lions
20. Flacco/Broncos
19. Jackson/Ravens
18. Newton/Panthers
17. Cousins/Vikes
16. Trubisky/Bears
15. Wentz/Eagles
14. Foles/JAX
13. Mayfield/Browns
12. Dak/Cowboys
11. Goff/Rams
10. Ryan/Falcons
09. Luck/Colts
08. Watson/Texans
07. Big Ben/Steelers
06. Rivers/SD
05. Wilson/Seahawks
04. Rodgers/GB
03. Mahomes/KC
02. Brees/Saints
01. Brady/NE

as clayton said, this is some high quality bait in this article. did they even see Brees play the 2nd half of the season? Brady does nothing but throw 2 yard swing passes and 5 yard slants anymore. Andrew Luck at 9? Dude practically single handedly carried his team to the playoffs. Jackson at #19? That guy has not shown he can do anything in the pocket.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garapollo has proven when he isn't injured he can lead a poor team to victory. That's better than a lot of the guys below him cam say.

Prescott has done almost nothing in the NFL. If you want stats, fine, bit winning is what counts.

Wait so you are saying Jimmy G is more proven than Dak? lolzzz

JimmyG has proven NOTHING.

Dak has led his team to the playoffs. JimmyG should really be at the bottom of the list bc he should be treated like a young QB that is unproven.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady has played in 4 put of the last 5 Super Bowls. He's the best QB until he misses a Super Bowl.

Mahommes was dominant last year. Want to see him do it again before he goes higher. Same for Mayfield.

Ryan and Stafford are about the same QB. Put up nice stats. Don't do much else. Ryan at least went to a SB though and can consistently get his team to the playoffs. Kudos to Matt.

And Cousins has done less than that. He is the anti-Garapollo. He took what was a 13 win team and turned them into a .500 team. He puts up huge stats on decent teams and loses. None come more mediocre than Kirk Cousins.
I can let the Brady argument go. While his stats aren't elite, he's still an elite leader.

Mahomes and Mayfield are special, no questions. You have them both insanely underrated.

If you compare Ryan and Stafford last year, they just simply weren't similar. Ryan was smart and made huge plays, while Stafford was wildly inefficient.

Jimmy G hasn't proven that. Hell, Mayfield has proven that more than Jimmy G.

Since they drafted Prescott, Dallas has one of the best overall records in the NFL, so I'm not sure what you mean there.

Cousins didn't turn them from a 13 wins team to a .500 team. Hell, he was better than Keenum was in 2017 across the board. His OL was an absolute disgrace last year. I'm not saying he's in the Drew Brees/Aaron Rodgers level, but having him at 19 and Matt Stafford at 13 just makes no sense at all.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can let the Brady argument go. While his stats aren't elite, he's still an elite leader.

Mahomes and Mayfield are special, no questions. You have them both insanely underrated.

If you compare Ryan and Stafford last year, they just simply weren't similar. Ryan was smart and made huge plays, while Stafford was wildly inefficient.

Since they drafted Prescott, Dallas has one of the best overall records in the NFL, so I'm not sure what you mean there.

Cousins didn't turn them from a 13 wins team to a .500 team. Hell, he was better than Keenum was in 2017 across the board. His OL was an absolute disgrace last year. I'm not saying he's in the Drew Brees/Aaron Rodgers level, but having him at 19 and Matt Stafford at 13 just makes no sense at all.
I think as opposed to saying Ryan and Stafford are "basically the same QB" saying Stafford and Cousins are basically the same QB is a much better comp. Ryan is a proven consistent winner in the regular season , he's led to team to a SB ( and would've won if not for an epic collapse on D ) and he's got an MVP. Saying he's the same as Stafford is foolish

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait so you are saying Jimmy G is more proven than Dak? lolzzz

JimmyG has proven NOTHING.

Dak has led his team to the playoffs. JimmyG should really be at the bottom of the list bc he should be treated like a young QB that is unproven.
The guy is going to be 28 this year, and even with limited wear on his body, he can't stay healthy. It's also not like he was lighting it up in SF either of the two seasons he's been a part of.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think as opposed to saying Ryan and Stafford are "basically the same QB" saying Stafford and Cousins are basically the same QB is a much better comp. Ryan is a proven consistent winner in the regular season , he's led to team to a SB ( and would've won if not for an epic collapse on D ) and he's got an MVP. Saying he's the same as Stafford is foolish
I wouldn't even put Stafford in the same category as Cousins, but he's much closer to him than Ryan.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mahommes and Mayfield have started one season. They need to prove consistency before anyone can call them "special" talents.

Ryan is Stafford with more wins. That's all.

Garapollo needs to prove he can stay healthy. If he can, then he needs to prove he can win consistently. I'm not sure if he is good or mediocre. That's why he's smack dab in the middle.

Prescott has a talented roster around him and has done nothing yet with it. Once he starts winning big games, he can get a higher ranking.

Cousins has been a .500 QB his entire career. You could put a team filled with HOFers around him and he'd still manage to go 8-8. Guy puts up pretty stats, of that there is no doubt. He also loses far more than he should for the stats he produces.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@megalodon30 to be fair, I'll put my top 32 and you can critique as necessary.

1. Pat Mahomes
2. Andrew Luck
3. Russell Wilson
4. Drew Brees
5. Matt Ryan
6. Aaron Rodgers
7. Ben Roethlisberger
8. Phillip Rivers
9. Tom Brady
10. Kirk Cousins
11. Jared Goff
12. Baker Mayfield
13. Carson Wentz
14. Deshaun Watson
15. Dak Prescott
16. Cam Newton
17. Mitch Trubisky
18. Nick Foles
19. Andy Dalton
20. Derek Carr
21. Matt Stafford
22. Marcus Mariota
23. Jameis Winston
24. Jimmy G
25. Sam Darnold
26. Washington QB
27. Miami QB
28. Kyler Murray
29. Josh Allen
30. Lamar Jackson
31. Joe Flacco
32. New York Giants QB

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys who are probably noticeably underrated by this list not counting rookies:

Dalton
Newton
Wentz
Carr
Newton
Cousins

Overrated:

Jackson
Trubisky
Foles
Rodgers
Brady
Brees

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Jimmy Garoppolo
2. Aaron Rodgers

3 to I don't care....

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i smell a dropoff.

still really good, but under 35 TD's and the picks go up a tick. tough to repeat what he did.
He wont hit 50, but the more and more it looks like Hill is gonna get less than 4 games or even zero suspension, 40 is in the cards again, imo.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahommes and Mayfield have started one season. They need to prove consistency before anyone can call them "special" talents.

Ryan is Stafford with more wins. That's all.

Garapollo needs to prove he can stay healthy. If he can, then he needs to prove he can win consistently. I'm not sure if he is good or mediocre. That's why he's smack dab in the middle.

Prescott has a talented roster around him and has done nothing yet with it. Once he starts winning big games, he can get a higher ranking.

Cousins has been a .500 QB his entire career. You could put a team filled with HOFers around him and he'd still manage to go 8-8. Guy puts up pretty stats, of that there is no doubt. He also loses far more than he should for the stats he produces.
Mayfield has started more games than Jimmy G and has better numbers, and have you have him rated behind him, so I'm not sure where the consistency is there. Having Mayfield at 19 is just silly. Mahome proved enough in his first year starting that he's obviously extremely good, if not elite, so I still think 8th is far too low.

Ryan simply isn't Stafford in really any way. He's more accurate, he makes better decisions, and he comes through in big games. Stafford is the king of garbage time and has never led Detroit to anything, and he's been there a decade now.

Jimmy G has durability issues despite no wear or tear, and even when he's been healthy, he's just been decent. You have him ahead of too many guys that have proven more.

Cousins was on a highly dysfunctional Washington team with limited talent at WR/TE and he's been insanely consistent. He's accurate, he puts up good numbers and he doesn't thrown many picks. His last 4 years, he's averaged 4368 yards, 68% completion, 28 TD, 11.5 INT, and an average QB rating of 98.1. In his career, Stafford has had a QB rating higher than 98.1 one single time and has never had a completion percentage as high as 68%. In 10 years.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ranking the quarterbacks for all 32 teams in 2019

for those not wanting to go through the scrolling.

32. Haskins/redskins
31. Murray/Cards
30. Winston/Buccs
29. Carr/Raiders
28. Rosen/Dolphins
27. Allen/Bills
26. Manning/Giants
25. Dalton/Bengals (Oh shit ms. Chaney)
24. Darnold/Jets
23. Jimmy G./49ers
22. Mariota/Titans
21. Stafford/Lions
20. Flacco/Broncos
19. Jackson/Ravens
18. Newton/Panthers
17. Cousins/Vikes
16. Trubisky/Bears
15. Wentz/Eagles
14. Foles/JAX
13. Mayfield/Browns
12. Dak/Cowboys
11. Goff/Rams
10. Ryan/Falcons
09. Luck/Colts
08. Watson/Texans
07. Big Ben/Steelers
06. Rivers/SD
05. Wilson/Seahawks
04. Rodgers/GB
03. Mahomes/KC
02. Brees/Saints
01. Brady/NE

Brady is about 9 slots too high. Otherwise, a pretty good list.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@megalodon30 to be fair, I'll put my top 32 and you can critique as necessary.

1. Pat Mahomes
2. Andrew Luck
3. Russell Wilson
4. Drew Brees
5. Matt Ryan
6. Aaron Rodgers
7. Ben Roethlisberger
8. Phillip Rivers
9. Tom Brady
10. Kirk Cousins
11. Jared Goff
12. Baker Mayfield
13. Carson Wentz
14. Deshaun Watson
15. Dak Prescott
16. Cam Newton
17. Mitch Trubisky
18. Nick Foles
19. Andy Dalton
20. Derek Carr
21. Matt Stafford
22. Marcus Mariota
23. Jameis Winston
24. Jimmy G
25. Sam Darnold
26. Washington QB
27. Miami QB
28. Kyler Murray
29. Josh Allen
30. Lamar Jackson
31. Joe Flacco
32. New York Giants QB

That's fair. Rankings are by and large subjective. Good list.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, it hinges on him.
That and the # of healthy Watkins games (I get a lot of shit on here for that take but :noidea:) they get should be highly fungible. Hard to put an O/U on it as of today.

Not expecting anything crazy out of Hardman to throw a glitch into this.