• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason Game #1 NY Giants @ NE Patriots NFL Network 8/11/2022 7:00 PM

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 hours and 5 minutes to go.

Back to VUDU.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm at the office for the first hour of the game and then have a 30 minute ride home.

Somebody posted a site on here before where you can watch all the games but I can't remember the name. Anybody know it?

p.s. The Pats are gonna get smoked tonight.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm at the office for the first hour of the game and then have a 30 minute ride home.

Somebody posted a site on here before where you can watch all the games but I can't remember the name. Anybody know it?

p.s. The Pats are gonna get smoked tonight.
Well they are playing no starters. But the Giants are not juggernauts

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they are playing no starters. But the Giants are not juggernauts

Actually, I'm going to change my prediction to a close game since the Pats aren't playing any starters. The scrubs will fight til the end.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants played all of their starters for the first two series.

Patriots did well and took a 7-3 lead with a nice TD pass from Hoyer to Tyquan Thorton.

2nd String played well and then the rotations started.

Studs:
Thorton
Wilkerson
Anfree jennings
Paul Mitchell (DL)

Duds:
Herron (2 False Starts)
Hammond (1 drop, 1 Mis-turn)
Jo JaJuan Williams

Too many stupid penalties on both sides of the ball. Can't be having third downs turning into firsts.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10-7 Start of the 3rd quarter. Tyrod Taylor played better than Daniel Jones for the Giants. Wonder if he'll play the remainder. Daboll wants to beat Bill. Zappe took over for Hoyer. He's got a cannon but he took a series to just get a bit under control.

Bad start. JJ Taylor took the kick-off and rather than a knee tried to run. Got to the 18.

Penalty on 1st play. Illegal motion.

Zappe to Nixon for 36.

Bad play calls from Judge. Offense isn't moving. well

Got a 1st and Judge tries to run up the gut. No gain.

Zappe to Nixon to the 8 1st and Goal.

Run for 5

TD for the rookie RB Harris.

14-10 Patriots

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I saw things differently but Zappe has a weak/garbage arm. Every throw was short. The WR's bailed his ass out on damn near every throw. Maybe some were intentional. He was under pressure damn near every time he dropped back. But... it was his first game. He will most certainly get better. I hope..

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I saw things differently but Zappe has a weak/garbage arm. Every throw was short. The WR's bailed his ass out on damn near every throw. Maybe some were intentional. He was under pressure damn near every time he dropped back. But... it was his first game. He will most certainly get better. I hope..
Oh I think the kid has a great arm I feel his decision making is limited his ability. He does not commit to the throw or the play, that will come with time

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They couldn't stop themselves from giving away the game. Stupid and unnecessary penalties were the biggest drawbacks and the Giants' backups were better than the Patriots' third string and camp bodies.

It wasn't a horrible loss. The defense on the field for the Giants final drive just couldn't stop anything. Especially the outside runs. Two runs on that drive accounted for 46 yards.

Some guys never mentioned stepped up last night. Jalen Elliot may have played his way into the secondary. Joshuah Beldsoe and Malcom Butler may have taken steps toward the door along with Joejuan Williams.

Mcgrone and Perkins played well but were not special.

Anfree Jennings was in the Giants pocket all night. With a better surrounding cast on defense he's going to be a huge sack threat.
Damarcus Mitchell was a huge surprise on the DL and made a lot of plays in the first half.

Tre Nixon and Kristian Wilkerson were the pass offense and both were very good. Thorton only played for three series but he's fast and got separation. The biggest problem the entire game was that the quarterbacks had a horrible time getting the ball downfield and the WRs had to keep coming back to get underthrown passes.

The OL didn't allow any sacks and that was a surprise.

The cream rises to the top and while the Giants aren't the Bills or Chiefs, they provided a glimpse of what the Patriots will have to work toward for the first real games in September. The starters will play next Friday in Carolina. I expect that the coaches will be working on getting rid of the penalties.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penalties, penalties, penalties. Very undisciplined and very unBB-like. I see lots of hill running in their future.

Hard to get a good judge on who did what? Hoyer is the QB2 right now, I think that was pretty evident.

The OL still struggling in pass protection and the run game. JJ may have done enough to keep him on the roster with Whites retirement.

Thorton looked good. As mentioned a lot of under thrown balls. The NFL has made a point of emphasis on DPI, I think in particular it was illegal contact? I read the story a couple days ago. That didn't seem true as many receivers I feel were inteferred with and no call.

Also a point of emphasis on roughing the passer. They're actually supposed to ignore the minor brushing of a helmet or a defender tackling a QB low when he's on the ground. That PF for landing on the QB today was a joke.

The D as a whole looked fast. That was nice to see.

ST were ok. I think we're going to see some good KO and punt returns this year.

Anyway onto Carolina

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They couldn't stop themselves from giving away the game. Stupid and unnecessary penalties were the biggest drawbacks and the Giants' backups were better than the Patriots' third string and camp bodies.

It wasn't a horrible loss. The defense on the field for the Giants final drive just couldn't stop anything. Especially the outside runs. Two runs on that drive accounted for 46 yards.

Some guys never mentioned stepped up last night. Jalen Elliot may have played his way into the secondary. Joshuah Beldsoe and Malcom Butler may have taken steps toward the door along with Joejuan Williams.

Mcgrone and Perkins played well but were not special.

Anfree Jennings was in the Giants pocket all night. With a better surrounding cast on defense he's going to be a huge sack threat.
Damarcus Mitchell was a huge surprise on the DL and made a lot of plays in the first half.

Tre Nixon and Kristian Wilkerson were the pass offense and both were very good. Thorton only played for three series but he's fast and got separation. The biggest problem the entire game was that the quarterbacks had a horrible time getting the ball downfield and the WRs had to keep coming back to get underthrown passes.

The OL didn't allow any sacks and that was a surprise.

The cream rises to the top and while the Giants aren't the Bills or Chiefs, they provided a glimpse of what the Patriots will have to work toward for the first real games in September. The starters will play next Friday in Carolina. I expect that the coaches will be working on getting rid of the penalties.
Season 2 Agree GIF by Paramount+

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone notice how quickly Strange can get downfield and into position on run plays. And IMO seemed to hold his own in pass defense

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone notice how quickly Strange can get downfield and into position on run plays. And IMO seemed to hold his own in pass defense
I didn't but that's good to know. I'll have to go back and rewatch it. I watched it on my phone.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't but that's good to know. I'll have to go back and rewatch it. I watched it on my phone.
Yeah there were some run plays that showed his athleticism

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why care that they lost a preseason game during garbage time? Both teams are still 0-0 in games that mean anything. The first game is always about shaking off rust and giving new guys some "game feel".

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah there were some run plays that showed his athleticism
He's a keeper.

He had a really good night. He had one outstanding where he pulled, cut back and got at least six yards out in front of Harris. He picked off a defender and Harris got 13 yards, I think. He was so far upfield that they showed it on a replay.
The OL still struggling in pass protection and the run game. JJ may have done enough to keep him on the roster with Whites retirement.
They didn't give up a sack and only two hits. For a group of backups they more than held their own. Run blocking is a whole 'nother subject. They were not good at all even cracking an opening. Then again, not one outside run was called all night. Very, very, very vanilla offense.

IMO, Zappe is #2. 18/23 for 205 TD. His worst play was not checking for the defender and getting the pass tapped and intercepted. Judge chewed his butt as soon as he got to the sideline and sat down with him and the laptop.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why care that they lost a preseason game during garbage time? Both teams are still 0-0 in games that mean anything. The first game is always about shaking off rust and giving new guys some "game feel".
I don't care at all about the loss. Just the manner that they performed to take a loss. I also mentioned that it was third string and scrubs against the Giants backups (#2s). It's also a reflection on the coaching. Lack of discipline is not a BB trait. Watching him walk across the field to congratulate Dahboll, you could see that he was furious with the final four minutes of the game.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care at all about the loss. Just the manner that they performed to take a loss. I also mentioned that it was third string and scrubs against the Giants backups (#2s). It's also a reflection on the coaching. Lack of discipline is not a BB trait. Watching him walk across the field to congratulate Dahboll, you could see that he was furious with the final four minutes of the game.
or he was throwing Dabol a bone.