• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason Game #1 Houston Texans vs New England Patriots 8/10/2023 7:00 PM NFL Network (NFLN)

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did,nt see the game,but its just week 1 of the preseason.no reason to worry.
Ohh I don't think any is in panic mode. Less the O line panic mode which seems very real

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-2 and 7 yards yeah not impressed. Not sure why Douglas was " Given night off" but still saw nothing to make me impressed at least as impressed as the media hype
Just the fact that he didn't play says volumes.
If you play a lot on 1st pre-season game, it usually means you are going to get cut......

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just the fact that he didn't play says volumes.
If you play a lot on 1st pre-season game, it usually means you are going to get cut......

Yep. Good bye Fagot. Your penalty on 4th down giving the Texans an automatic 1st is a career killer for someone trying to latch on.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The miserable play of the O-Line is the major reason that the offense stunk.

Saying that, Zappe and McSorely didn't make very good decisions either. Cunningham showed everyone how the hell to get out of mess.

I was not impressed with Zappe's check downs when he had three seconds or his inability to find someone to throw at.

No INTs may be a bit of a balance against 5 sacks. But there were also what, five or six throw aways??

Southie, you're dead on about JJ Taylor. He hasn't done jackshit since Brady left. Can't understand why they continue to run him up the gut.

I would have to say that a bunch of guy's stamped their own ticket out of Foxboro last night. Klemm better kick some asses or he may get his kicked.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The miserable play of the O-Line is the major reason that the offense stunk.

Saying that, Zappe and McSorely didn't make very good decisions either. Cunningham showed everyone how the hell to get out of mess.

I was not impressed with Zappe's check downs when he had three seconds or his inability to find someone to throw at.

No INTs may be a bit of a balance against 5 sacks. But there were also what, five or six throw aways??

Southie, you're dead on about JJ Taylor. He hasn't done jackshit since Brady left. Can't understand why they continue to run him up the gut.

I would have to say that a bunch of guy's stamped their own ticket out of Foxboro last night. Klemm better kick some asses or he may get his kicked.
Klemm is working with rookies and limited skill set vets. Klemm will need another year, a nice off season pickup at tackle and one nice draft pick

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klemm is working with rookies and limited skill set vets. Klemm will need another year, a nice off season pickup at tackle and one nice draft pick
Klemm not done with this year. We are not strong on O-line but not totally devoid of talent.
Adapt and excell!

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really feel like the coaches just wanted to put players in certain positions and situations to see how they would do, how well they would perform. No way BOB was gonna show his hand and open up the playbook, hence 437 screen passes. My biggest concerns are still Red Zone and O Line.
I'm not concerned. I've stated in the past that teams usually perform similar to their trend until they break out of the trends. Last night didn't show us anything yet that will prove their trend from last year has changed. That doesn't mean I'm predicting it to continue.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Some speak and never say a thing. Others speak and should be heard.

Insults are a sign of ignorance and a lack of having something of value to say.

Some speak hoping to get a positive or negative reaction and create conversation.
Kinda ironic, you posting that is an insult to others so, per you, you are highlighting your own ignorance.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As fasr as the O'Line went last night, McDermott started at LT. He wasn't all that bad.

If you watched te game. the biggest problem was LG, C, RG.

How many times did Andrews move to right and double team the defender that the RG was blocking and let a defender walk through to his left? I don't know if that's his assignment and the RB or TE is supposed to pick up that defender or not. Some time, one of the coaches on the sideline should have said to Klemm or BOB, "How about telling Andrews to block left?"

Vanilla or not, the blocking was not adequate. At some point, some kind of adjustment should have been tried.

ST Coach was all over the place talking to guys. Didn't see BOB sitting with Zappe or McSorely like Josh did with Brady AND Mac. Seemed to be a bit of a disconnect on the sideline. Think Scar would have stood quietly during the game??

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure anyone is in panic mode, but we still talk about what we saw

BK seems to be. Wanted to watch the game but chose a martini bar laying the Dodgers game instead.

If memory serves me correctly the Pats completely suck ass during preseason games. In fact, it seems the more they suck during the preseason the better they are when the real games start. I could be wrong about that but it seems that way.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BK seems to be. Wanted to watch the game but chose a martini bar laying the Dodgers game instead.

If memory serves me correctly the Pats completely suck ass during preseason games. In fact, it seems the more they suck during the preseason the better they are when the real games start. I could be wrong about that but it seems that way.
Yeah I don't know about al that, I think last night the coaches were wanting to see what players could do period. It was not about winning or losing it was about testing skill sets and situational awareness

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else curious as to what BB told White after the fumble recovery? White in my estimation saw the fumble and drove the RB away from the ball then the Pats recovered. I was wondering if BB said smart play or hop on the ball next time.
Yep I’m curious. Did not look like he said anything nice or said good play, looked like he was bitching.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You made a good choice. The game was pretty bad except for 3-4 plays. The INT was a good read; the recovered fumble and the jump catch by Thornton was about it, the rest was quite pathetic. But … preseason …

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You made a good choice. The game was pretty bad except for 3-4 plays. The INT was a good read; the recovered fumble and the jump catch by Thornton was about it, the rest was quite pathetic. But … preseason …
Preseason it is.

AFCE Looks like a bag of dung.

HOF Game Jets get smacked by the Browns. 0-1

Patriots lose to Texans 20-9. 0-1

Dolphins get mauled by the Falcons 19-3. Dolphins 0-1

Jets play the Panthers today at 5:00 and the Bills play the Colts at 1:00

Every team started subs and back ups. Not sure if the Jets will do the same since they have the extra game.

Watched a bit of Early Edition and the point of view was pretty much the same as in here. The players that played just plain sucked against players of equal level of talent. Greg Bedard said it best. "The defense in the first half was excellent. As more and more substitutions took place the quality began to diminish. As far as the offense is concerned, if Malik Cunningham had not played, there was no offense."

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the game again.
Difference from BigKen reaction to the offense:
Players I saw blocking did not miss blocks. LB's came through the gaps while blockers covered up.
Blockers on the line wer consistently getting hands to the face and masks grabbed - no calls by refs until they ripped Malik's helmet off!

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preseason it is.

AFCE Looks like a bag of dung.

HOF Game Jets get smacked by the Browns. 0-1

Patriots lose to Texans 20-9. 0-1

Dolphins get mauled by the Falcons 19-3. Dolphins 0-1

Jets play the Panthers today at 5:00 and the Bills play the Colts at 1:00

Every team started subs and back ups. Not sure if the Jets will do the same since they have the extra game.

Watched a bit of Early Edition and the point of view was pretty much the same as in here. The players that played just plain sucked against players of equal level of talent. Greg Bedard said it best. "The defense in the first half was excellent. As more and more substitutions took place the quality began to diminish. As far as the offense is concerned, if Malik Cunningham had not played, there was no offense."
Good to see other AFCE teams with bad showing in 1st preseason game. Bills leading 7-0 right now, without starters.

My guess is Pats will probably play more starters, including Mac, in 2nd preseason game. I mean they do need to see if first string O clicks, if only for a couple of series. Right? Who knows?? Depth is concerning though, 2nd/3rd stringers were quite ineffective.

Can only hope things get better, I mean from 28th offense, last in RZ efficiency in 2022?

Here’s a good if somewhat long take from Patriots website. Probably a bit slanted, but that is expected.