• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason Game #1 Houston Texans vs New England Patriots 8/10/2023 7:00 PM NFL Network (NFLN)

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're all fans and we all to see the Patriots win. Patriots coaching staff will be separating the wheat from the chaff.

Let the bitchin' begin.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're all fans and we all to see the Patriots win. Patriots coaching staff will be separating the wheat from the chaff.

Let the bitchin' begin.
I'm looking for progress - don't care about a win.
How are we going to rest the starters at OT when we don't know who they are yet?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking for progress - don't care about a win.
How are we going to rest the starters at OT when we don't know who they are yet?
My sentiment too, although I don't agree with BB not playing potential starters. I want to see if there is any progress with the offense.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let the bitchin' begin.
I love to see the Pats win everything. Regular season, off season, post season even preseason.

But down deep I know...it's only preseason and Bill will use it to practice situational football so they play better when it matters.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible agreement between teams so they can get a look at backups and rookies playing against backups and rookies???

For those guys it's the first step forward or the first step out.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't expect to see the presumed starters in the first game.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible agreement between teams so they can get a look at backups and rookies playing against backups and rookies???

For those guys it's the first step forward or the first step out.
Its possible

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let the bitchin' begin.
I couldn't give a rats ass about wins in a preseason game. It's about action that gives the best experience and executing "the situations of NFL football".

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man it’s been so long this preseason game feels like a real game. Anxious to see how things are working together, with the new pieces. They will probably keep starters out there for first half?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man it’s been so long this preseason game feels like a real game. Anxious to see how things are working together, with the new pieces. They will probably keep starters out there for first half?
By "anxious" do you mean "nervous about" or "highly anticipating"? I'm not trying to be a grammar police or anything, it's just that the word is used commonly to mean each of these... I'm guessing you mean anticipating but if you are indeed "nervous", what is it that is concerning the most?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By "anxious" do you mean "nervous about" or "highly anticipating"? I'm not trying to be a grammar police or anything, it's just that the word is used commonly to mean each of these... I'm guessing you mean anticipating but if you are indeed "nervous", what is it that is concerning the most?
Or Both? For me both. I really want to see Boutte and Douglas on the offense they have been getting solid reviews of late. Names to watch for tonight.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of things.

Texans are starting CJ Stroud at QB tonight. Then they will go to Miles Davis. True competition for the starting QB role. Both will be thinking about beating the other guy and not concentrating on beating the Patriots. I predict at least 3 INTs by the Patriots defense.

Will Anderson is starting on D. He's going to be pumped up to the max and will make several mistakes that will costs yards and possibly a TD.

BB will tell the team to concentrate on doing their jobs and let everyone else do theirs. Hopefully they'll listen.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of things.

Texans are starting CJ Stroud at QB tonight. Then they will go to Miles Davis. True competition for the starting QB role. Both will be thinking about beating the other guy and not concentrating on beating the Patriots. I predict at least 3 INTs by the Patriots defense.

Will Anderson is starting on D. He's going to be pumped up to the max and will make several mistakes that will costs yards and possibly a TD.

BB will tell the team to concentrate on doing their jobs and let everyone else do theirs. Hopefully they'll listen.
I cannot see 3 INTs, we know very little about this team this year, And if there is a QB competition the last thing they want to do is is throw INTs

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot see 3 INTs, we know very little about this team this year, And if there is a QB competition the last thing they want to do is is throw INTs
Competition for the position always causes both competitors to reach just a bit too far. Stroud is a rookie and Davis fell into the slot last year. They are both newbies to competing for the spot. I stick with my prediction.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Competition for the position always causes both competitors to reach just a bit too far. Stroud is a rookie and Davis fell into the slot last year. They are both newbies to competing for the spot. I stick with my prediction.
I am not asking you to change your prediction, I could be wrong, my take is that if I know I cannot afford to make mistakes I will do my best not to make mistakes. But I honestly understand your point.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Highly anticipating is what I meant. But, my expectations are not that high, so not really nervous. Just want to see a better offense, lost some close games last year because of crappy game plans, many errors and penalties, etc. Highly anticipating start of season in better form.