• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason Game #1 Houston Texans vs New England Patriots 8/10/2023 7:00 PM NFL Network (NFLN)

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we all agreed it's preseason, and we knew the starters would not be out there, so pissing and moaning about the play makes zero sense. Some things of note.

Keion White: White could not muster a smile if the captain of the Albino Chorus line was deep throating him while a Mexican Dwarf dressed as Woody from Toy story was eating his ass. But he can play, he will be fun to watch.

The rookie WRs Boutte and Douglas showed nothing of note

O line was a damn mess, is a damn mess and likely will be a damn mess.

Cunningham looks great in the immortal words of Gomer Pyle. "Surprise, Surprise, Surprise"

Red Zone is still a nightmare.

Some have predicted the Pats to win this division. They have a long way to go if that's to happen

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best performers....
#2 Jalen Mills
#7 Isaiah Bolden
#16 Malik Cunningham
#33 Anfernee Jennings
#95 Daniel Ekuale
#99 Kieon White

Not so Good.......
#4 Bailey Zappe
#19 Trace McSorely
335 Pierre Strong
#36 Kevin Harris
#42 JJ Taylor

Very Bad...................

Entire offensive line

Missing in Action..................

Every Wide Receiver

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on my observations, When the first team Defense gets on the field, The Patriots defense will be problem for any team they face.

Sadly, one can only hope that the offensive starters are at least twice as good as the scrubs.

Texans defense should be a wake up call for the Patriots offense. ""Speed Kills". When LBs get to the line of scrimmage before the opposing RBs, the RBs need to make adjustments. The Texans literally stopped the Patriots running game dead cold.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we all agreed it's preseason, and we knew the starters would not be out there, so pissing and moaning about the play makes zero sense.

Some have predicted the Pats to win this division. They have a long way to go if that's to happen
It was a game without starters but it also looked like a game without coaches.

The one thing it does do is continue with "the trend" and at the moment it ain't our friend. THAT is what I'm looking for, a change in the trend of a disorganized offense and a defense that looks fantastic until it doesn't.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical. Say nothing of use. The again, when have you ever added anything to any conversation???

You're pathetic.
Ever heard the expression less is more? Some speak when they have something to say. Others speak to be heard.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a game without starters but it also looked like a game without coaches.

The one thing it does do is continue with "the trend" and at the moment it ain't our friend. THAT is what I'm looking for, a change in the trend of a disorganized offense and a defense that looks fantastic until it doesn't.
I really feel like the coaches just wanted to put players in certain positions and situations to see how they would do, how well they would perform. No way BOB was gonna show his hand and open up the playbook, hence 437 screen passes. My biggest concerns are still Red Zone and O Line.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever heard the expression less is more? Some speak when they have something to say. Others speak to be heard.
Yes. Some speak and never say a thing. Others speak and should be heard.

Insults are a sign of ignorance and a lack of having something of value to say.

Some speak hoping to get a positive or negative reaction and create conversation.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical. Say nothing of use. The again, when have you ever added anything to any conversation???

You're pathetic.

I have 2300 posts that say otherwise. Granted, half my posts are correcting facts that you post that are wrong. Maybe I should post more about having sex with 1st cousins. Crapping my pants. And pics of ugly grandkids.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else curious as to what BB told White after the fumble recovery? White in my estimation saw the fumble and drove the RB away from the ball then the Pats recovered. I was wondering if BB said smart play or hop on the ball next time.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My game summary:
Vanilla offense was not going to fool anybody.
Players were told to make plays whether it was a strength or weakness. - fact finding mission!
You could almost start cutting players right now!
Interiot O-line was not good. Surprisingly, Tackles played better.
Zone blocking worked a little better than gaps - mainly because ther were no gaps.
RB"s got 31 yards. Yep! Poor blocking on interior. Happy feet on the edges.
JJ Taylor cannot play. He got 1 yard to match his yearly average.
Almost every tackle was made by our secondary. This because they were being targeted.
Cunningham looked green as f----but got the team excited for something other than a 1 yard run.
His offense was the only non-vanilla offense.

There were good players and good plays but we did not execute as a team.
Real players looked like the wanted to get on the field - until they watched the 2nd half.
This team in now way represents what we will put on the field......
Strat cutting and on to Green Bay!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else curious as to what BB told White after the fumble recovery? White in my estimation saw the fumble and drove the RB away from the ball then the Pats recovered. I was wondering if BB said smart play or hop on the ball next time.
Yah, was curious but Bill was in a teaching moment which is another good sign for White!
Interesting that he was given a C as a draft pick and others thought he should have been drafted in the 1st.
Another stael in a good draft (so far)

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah, was curious but Bill was in a teaching moment which is another good sign for White!
Interesting that he was given a C as a draft pick and others thought he should have been drafted in the 1st.
Another stael in a good draft (so far)
Yeah he looks like the real deal. I suspect BB said great play, great effort, way to play smart football. The White showed zero emotion and sat down

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Douglas played 2 snaps and given the night off.
Boutte was 2 for 2.
2-2 and 7 yards yeah not impressed. Not sure why Douglas was " Given night off" but still saw nothing to make me impressed at least as impressed as the media hype