• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #7 Chicago Bears vs NE Patriots Monday 10/24/2022 8:15 PM ESPN

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100...no about 90%.

That's the kind of play, or the intricate part of that play that should be second nature, Stick the ball in his gut - grab the ball that is in his gut that only becomes truly second nature with repetition and more repetition.
Zappe being 3rd string, he might have known the play, but the timing is just that nano second off because he spent the summer practicing with other 3rd string players just trying to make the team.
True he may not have the timing down yet and that does take time.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are some possible reasons for yesterday’s disappointing loss:

1) trap game — very poor preparation by the team and coaches. They were outmatched in every single category because they did not take the Bears game seriously and were looking toward Jets game.

2) BB fed the QB controversy and the uncertainty rubbed off on the team. He even said at half time that he still might play both. Wtf is that?

3) going away from what is working, once again. Abandon the run early, pussyfoot defense no pressure on Fields, etc

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are some possible reasons for yesterday’s disappointing loss:

1) trap game — very poor preparation by the team and coaches. They were outmatched in every single category because they did not take the Bears game seriously and were looking toward Jets game.

2) BB fed the QB controversy and the uncertainty rubbed off on the team. He even said at half time that he still might play both. Wtf is that?

3) going away from what is working, once again. Abandon the run early, pussyfoot defense no pressure on Fields, etc
I agree with all but #1. I feel the trap game rational is just an excuse. You should play and prepare for every game as if you are playing, planning, and preparing to win.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with all but #1. I feel the trap game rational is just an excuse. You should play and prepare for every game as if you are playing, planning, and preparing to win.
Yep, trap game excuse sucks. But the point remains … horrible preparation for this game. Just when things were looking more or less bright, boom! we get this rotten egg of a game.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other thing that no one has mentioned. Meyer's fumble.

You know that they worked on that play all week. I watched that played at least six times and ESPN had beautiful closeups of it. If you see this game again, look at Meyer's face. He's looking beyond the line for the spot he might take and never once looked at the ball or Zappe. Zappe stuck the rock right square in his guy and he slapped the ball with the back of his hands. Unforgivable lack of concentration.
Zappe overextended the handoff. Totally his fault.

Screenshot_20221025-094613_Samsung Internet.jpg

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, that was a poorly thrown ball that he was bailed out on. and I did tell my friend that he had much better starting field position than Mac. With that said, it seemed like the team gelled slightly more than with Mac.

It sure seemed that way. And Zappe's pocket awareness is significantly better than Mac's.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other thing that no one has mentioned. Meyer's fumble.
Probably because he didn't fumble, Zappe did... or at least that's how fantasy scored it, though it's likely they use official stats.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao, I missed that one. He kicked him in the nuts? :pound:
on one of his runs he lead with a raised leg during his slide. Not exactly a kick, but got the job done the same.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm blaming this loss entirely on @BigKen
It's his fault for starting the Jets game post before the Bears game.....
I accept full responsibility.

Too bad Bill won't let me be the OC. There would a buncha sore asses. But come Sunday, they'd all be movin' at light speed to avoid my foot.

steve59

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While this is clearly a pats thread, Fields is beating defenders to the corner regardless of who he's playing. Gents this could be the first time in NFL history da bears have a franchise QB, lets see how he looks with a complimentary cast.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While this is clearly a pats thread, Fields is beating defenders to the corner regardless of who he's playing. Gents this could be the first time in NFL history da bears have a franchise QB, lets see how he looks with a complimentary cast.
It's a good thing he's beating defenders to the corner. Homeboy can't throw worth a crap.