• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason Game #1 Houston Texans vs New England Patriots 8/10/2023 7:00 PM NFL Network (NFLN)

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see other AFCE teams with bad showing in 1st preseason game. Bills leading 7-0 right now, without starters.

My guess is Pats will probably play more starters, including Mac, in 2nd preseason game. I mean they do need to see if first string O clicks, if only for a couple of series. Right? Who knows?? Depth is concerning though, 2nd/3rd stringers were quite ineffective.

Can only hope things get better, I mean from 28th offense, last in RZ efficiency in 2022?

Here’s a good if somewhat long take from Patriots website. Probably a bit slanted, but that is expected.

Good read. He absolutely nailed it.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BK seems to be. Wanted to watch the game but chose a martini bar laying the Dodgers game instead.

If memory serves me correctly the Pats completely suck ass during preseason games. In fact, it seems the more they suck during the preseason the better they are when the real games start. I could be wrong about that but it seems that way.
BK is either in Panic mode or surgery.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BK is either in Panic mode or surgery.
Pissed is not panic. I can easily deal with a loss as long as the play is at least adequate.

The defense was better than good and they didn't have a starter go one snap. I was really pissed at the defense for taking their foot off the gas with 1:30 left in the first half and giving up 75 yards and a TD in 7 plays.

Southie says he didn't see a missed block. I'm not 100% sure we watched the same game. If the offensive line didn't miss any blocks, then the three sacks and 6 OOB passes were completely due to atrocious QB play and excellent blocking by the line. My bad. Seems that 99% of Boston media saw the same game as I did, as did BB since he's already signing Offensive linemen within 48 hours.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pissed is not panic. I can easily deal with a loss as long as the play is at least adequate.

The defense was better than good and they didn't have a starter go one snap. I was really pissed at the defense for taking their foot off the gas with 1:30 left in the first half and giving up 75 yards and a TD in 7 plays.

Southie says he didn't see a missed block. I'm not 100% sure we watched the same game. If the offensive line didn't miss any blocks, then the three sacks and 6 OOB passes were completely due to atrocious QB play and excellent blocking by the line. My bad. Seems that 99% of Boston media saw the same game as I did, as did BB since he's already signing Offensive linemen within 48 hours.
I'm not saying the O-line didn't miss any blocks.
I'm saying the plays you referenced were because of LB's shooting the gaps. Same thing??????

You and the Boston media wera the same color glasses?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So which rookie won you over? For Me: Keion White
Not a rookie, but liked Ekuale’s intensity. He looked hungry and aggressive in first few series. I hope they keep him on board.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying the plays you referenced were because of LB's shooting the gaps. Same thing??????
No. Specific play I mentioned was Andrews not picking up the interior defensive lineman and doubling the DL with the RG (Russy?) and letting DT just go straight for the QB. It was an empty backfield and he should never have dropped off that block. That was Jake not David Andrews. Rookie mistake? He's was a center in college and should know unless the QB called out a blocking change. We don't know for sure, but it appeared to me that he just made a bad choice.

Texans were blitzing either LBs or DBs all night. BOB should have picked up on that by the end of the 1st quarter and made some kind of adjustment.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to put this game in the closed file.

Wasn't a good start. let's hope that there's some significant improvement overall against the Pack.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just Kidding No GIF by MJ5