• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pozz's Camp News-Goodwin, T Brown now starting

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything sounds better than "Gotta look at the film" at this point.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Branch
Braylon Edwards' dad remembers Jim Harbaugh as a QB at Pioneer (Mich.) High. 49ers: The Harbaughs and Edwardses go way back #49ers
11 hours ago

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.mercurynews.com/49ersheadlines/49ers/ci_18649049?nclick_check=1

Frank Gore likes what he sees in new 49ers offense

Running back Frank Gore not only likes the 49ers revamped offense, he envisions quarterback Alex Smith thriving in the detail-oriented scheme.

"You can tell the (offense's) energy is different. You can see it in Alex," Gore said Tuesday. "He looks really confident. He's able to go. ... Alex is going to be really good in this offense."

Smith also expressed optimism a day earlier about the 49ers' return to the West Coast offense system. One reason: Having a capable running back like Gore.

Said Smith: "Checking the ball down is kind of the epicenter of the West Coast offense -- hitting backs quick, getting them the ball in space and letting them run."

Gore has not played in an exhibition opener since 2008, but he might do so Friday night when the 49ers visit New Orleans. Coach Jim Harbaugh has said he wants Gore to get a few touches in the opener, and Gore is willing to partake in the offense's unveiling.

"I know Coach doesn't like me saying this, but on the offensive side of the ball, everybody is on the same page," Gore said. "When you watch the film, man, it just looks different. Everybody knows what they're doing. They're flying around, motioning fast. It's not boring."

The 49ers offense ranked 24th last season during a 6-10 campaign.

there is more in the article, but it's basically a repeat of other articles and quotes.

Last edited by a moderator:

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I really like what JH is doing...his knowledge, passion and attention to detail is what has been missing.

These two parts from the camp confidential on ESPN proves it:

1)
"quarterbacks are wearing braces on their left knees, which tend to be most vulnerable when right-handed quarterbacks deliver the ball."

2)
Harbaugh strongly emphasizes practicing within the context of situations, moreso than I would have expected during the early stages of installing the offense. Some fans attending a recent practice laughed when they saw punter Andy Lee take a snap from center and spike the ball to stop the clock. Count Harbaugh as one of the coaches, Bill Belichick among them, who favor sending on the punt team following third-down plays during two-minute situations when it's not clear whether the offense got a first down. If the offense gets a new set of downs, the punter spikes the ball. If not, the regular punt call remains.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you feel about his praise of Alex Smith?

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Hey Ray,

Are you asking the board or me (sorry I don't know how the forum works and don't want to be rude)

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Said Smith: "Checking the ball down is kind of the epicenter of the West Coast offense -- hitting backs quick, getting them the ball in space and letting them run."

...Wait for it, waaaaaaaait for it

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How do you feel about his praise of Alex Smith?

(Assuming you are referring to Gore's comments)

I think his comments are to be expected. Frank & Alex came out the same year and always have had a close relationship. Beyond that I can't imagine Frank ever saying anything disparaging about a teammate.

What I liked most about his comments was his enthusiasm. I like that he seems genuinely excited about the new offense and the possibilities it brings.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was asking smackdown.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Barrows
Blocking tight end was signed this week. Stanford TE Konrad Reuland has been active in practice. @49ersPR: The #49ers waived TE Chris Blohm.
3 minutes ago

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Matt Barrows
Blocking tight end was signed this week. Stanford TE Konrad Reuland has been active in practice. @49ersPR: The #49ers waived TE Chris Blohm.3 minutes ago

Hmmmm.. something must be up. I mean it's kinda early for waiving players in training camp especially before the first pre-season game. The Niners must be trying to add a player.:decision:

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Ray,

I am really excited for Smith, we all saw the progressions he made under Norv. This time he has JH who seems to be so ingrained in the team and is offensive minded. He is like a player in the huddle and thats a huge asset for Smith. I am expecting good things from him this year and next year even better.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, I had to check if you were mackdown. ;) Remember this post people haha.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
ohh I see, yeah I rem seeing his posts on the ESPN board. I am not that person :-)