• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pozz's Camp News-Goodwin, T Brown now starting

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
playin debbie downer here, but IMO if our pass rush improves, I could definitely see our run def taking a step back... but hopefully we can match last yrs run def.

No Debbie downer at all, X11; that is a realistic possibility.

It doesn't have to happen (see Pitsburgh last year), but it certainly could. The silver lining is how much upside we have with our pass defense and our TO ratio. If we do give a few points on the run but gain 12-14 points on passing and TO's. Our defense will be painful for any offense in the league.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be a big test for the rook, but with Spencer slowed due to his hamstring, the door is open for Culliver. Man I would love to see a 3rd round pick compete for a starting job right out of the gate.

I know, right? That'd be great.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

It doesn't have to happen (see Pitsburgh last year), but it certainly could. The silver lining is how much upside we have with our pass defense and our TO ratio. If we do give a few points on the run but gain 12-14 points on passing and TO's. Our defense will be painful for any offense in the league.

Maybe Fangio's aggresive D would include Run Blitzes to go along with the Pass Blitzes...

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
This will be a big test for the rook, but with Spencer slowed due to his hamstring, the door is open for Culliver. Man I would love to see a 3rd round pick compete for a starting job right out of the gate.

lol...I'd be happy to see a 3rd round pick make the roster here next year let alone compete for a starting job day one! That round has been trouble every year after the Gore pick.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
lol...I'd be happy to see a 3rd round pick make the roster here next year let alone compete for a starting job day one! That round has been trouble every year after the Gore pick.

Well, we have McDonald, Smith(R) and Bowman starting this year that were previous 3rd round picks. So it hasn't been a complete disaster since the Gore pick. But to see a 3rd rounder start right out of the draft, especially a CB is a solid 3rd round draft pick. (Team talent and competition not withstanding, of course.)

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maybe Fangio's aggresive D would include Run Blitzes to go along with the Pass Blitzes...

If our secondary gives us permission, I expect Fangio to will bring the heat from all over the place and on any down. I mean, hell, he had PWilley playing in a 5-tech in camp; so Vic Fangio clearly has pressure on his mind.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we have McDonald, Smith(R) and Bowman starting this year that were previous 3rd round picks. So it hasn't been a complete disaster since the Gore pick. But to see a 3rd rounder start right out of the draft, especially a CB is a solid 3rd round draft pick. (Team talent and competition not withstanding, of course.)

I thought McDonald was a 4th round pick...I will have to check on that, but i'm almost certain he wasn't a 3rd rounder.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought McDonald was a 4th round pick...I will have to check on that, but i'm almost certain he wasn't a 3rd rounder.

You could be right, hit me back if I got it wrong...

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
McDonald was a 3rd rounder and THINK he was from a comp pick?

other 3rd rounders of late...Brandon Williams, Jason Hill, and Glen Coffee.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
McDonald was a 3rd rounder and THINK he was from a comp pick?

other 3rd rounders of late...Brandon Williams, Jason Hill, and Glen Coffee.

I really liked Hill but he never developed into the receiver I and I think a lot of people thought he should have become. I hope he does well Jacksonville.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I really liked Hill but he never developed into the receiver I and I think a lot of people thought he should have become. I hope he does well Jacksonville.

after first seeing Brandon Williams, thought he'd be a solid contributor cause he caught punts so cleanly. then he seemed to have good control in running, not being overly shifty. [if this makes sense?]

so extending this ability to receiving, thought he'd contribute well as the 3rd or slot receiver. oh well..........

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
after first seeing Brandon Williams, thought he'd be a solid contributor cause he caught punts so cleanly. then he seemed to have good control in running, not being overly shifty. [if this makes sense?]

so extending this ability to receiving, thought he'd contribute well as the 3rd or slot receiver. oh well..........

Absolutely it makes sense. I agree, I saw reason to hope he would be a good possession receiver.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Very well true... With Lawson, Franklin and Spikes out, I would expect a decline in the run stopping but that could very well change with the point of attack from our DL. Maybe Sopz will surpass franklin or measure up in holding his ground in the middle.

Tonight will be a great indicator in some fashion to see where we go as a defense.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If our secondary gives us permission, I expect Fangio to will bring the heat from all over the place and on any down. I mean, hell, he had PWilley playing in a 5-tech in camp; so Vic Fangio clearly has pressure on his mind.

I think we all can agree that we as fans are excited to see how Fanigo's defense/schemes measure up in todays NFL.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Very well true... With Lawson, Franklin and Spikes out, I would expect a decline in the run stopping but that could very well change with the point of attack from our DL. Maybe Sopz will surpass franklin or measure up in holding his ground in the middle.

Tonight will be a great indicator in some fashion to see where we go as a defense.

Exactly! We are going to miss Spikes' experience, Lawson's speed on the edge, and Franklin and Willis had chemistry that Willis will now have to create with Sop. I do believe in the long term our run d will be more than fine, but it may fall a couple notches while the unit gets up to speed - as a unit.

Then again, maybe not?

I completely agree with you point about tonight's game...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly! We are going to miss Spikes' experience, Lawson's speed on the edge, and Franklin and Willis had chemistry that Willis will now have to create with Sop. I do believe in the long term our run d will be more than fine, but it may fall a couple notches while the unit gets up to speed - as a unit.

Then again, maybe not?

I completely agree with you point about tonight's game...

LT wise, we should be fine as we'll eventually patch up the missing links(if any). Immediate future, it will be exciting to see. :cheer2:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think we all can agree that we as fans are excited to see how Fanigo's defense/schemes measure up in todays NFL.

this season, does he have enough talent to show how good a scheme? to some extent yes, but can we fairly judge him with this year's personnel?

i'd think enough to show his "tendencies", but not quite enough to be a quality NFL D.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Didn't see this posted yet:

Top 10 training camp performers - Inside the 49ers

Nice to see Boone on that list. All of his hard work is starting to pay off.

yep, no kidding. so on game days (active), would Boone be the swing tackle allowing Snyder to concentrate inside? or would Snyder be the swing tackle allowing someone like Kilgore to take inside?

more surprisingly to me is seeing Larry Grant on the list? will he be a special teamer?

very encouraging to read Bowman is doing well. we could've used Spikes but thats NFL life.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Harbaugh era begins. He looks good on the 49ers' sideline. :thrasher: