• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pozz's Camp News-Goodwin, T Brown now starting

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This might make MW tear up. ;)

The catch was Zeigler-esque in its beauty!!!

ZEIGLER-ESQUE!!!..................in its beauty.

You are so right, mem, I am feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment; I will need to rest now.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading about this stuff just makes me impatient for Friday.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to Hear Boone is doing well especially with Staley's injury concerns the past couple of seasons. Overall I am getting the most positive vibe I have had from the Niners in a long time. Thanks Ray and Pozz for keeping the rest of us up to date much appreciated.

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to hear Bowman is confident that this is his time. Playing alongside P. Willis should help him out a lot.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that makes it ok to hit one of his team mates after the play is dead? I'm not arguing the fact that he must feel the pressure, but there are better ways of handling it. Like how about dropping some weight and learning how to cover?

Not excusing him at all, but i am giving him the benefit of the doubt cause that's not who he is. He's not handling the adversity properly.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aldon Smith shows flashes but has much to learn

Wormburner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
San Francisco 49ers: What if Frank Gore can't bounce back?
Gore staged a mini-holdout after the lockout ended but soon happily returned to camp, saying the 49ers had promised to sign him to an extension that will keep him in San Francisco after this season. The 28-year-old needs fewer than 1,000 yards to become the franchise's all-time leading rusher.

But will he get there? Nobody seems to be mentioning that, despite a rebuilt offensive line featuring two highly drafted blockers, Gore averaged only 4.2 yards per carry last year, the lowest rate of his career. And that was before the broken hip that ended his season in Week 12. Gore says he's back at 100 percent, but what if he's not? What if he gets hurt again?

The 49ers have a lot of options at backup running back, but none of them is very good. Anthony Dixon was a sixth-round choice in 2010, and Kendall Hunter was a fourth-round pick this year. Xavier Omon has spent three seasons bouncing on and off the rosters of the New York Jets, Buffalo Bills and Seattle Seahawks. The most well-known backup might be undrafted rookie Jeremiah Masoli, former quarterback for Oregon and Mississippi.

If Gore returns to pre-injury levels, this will be a nonissue. If he's hurt again, though, the 49ers will be in deep trouble because they have no Plan B.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Aldon Smith shows flashes but has much to learn

This regression in Aldon's development was expected as he moves to a 34 OLB. I just hope Fangio has not overestimated Smith's ability to bring ALL his skill to the position. I would hate to marginalize this kids talent.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers have a lot of options at backup running back, but none of them is very good. Anthony Dixon was a sixth-round choice in 2010, and Kendall Hunter was a fourth-round pick this year.

I disagree with the part about Kendall Hunter not being very good. I think he will prove to be quite good and capable of taking over for Gore if he gets hurt again (knock on wood). Not sure about his blocking on 3rd down passing situations, but he will be solid on downs 1-2.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Gore staged a mini-holdout after the lockout ended but soon happily returned to camp, saying the 49ers had promised to sign him to an extension that will keep him in San Francisco after this season. The 28-year-old needs fewer than 1,000 yards to become the franchise's all-time leading rusher.

But will he get there? Nobody seems to be mentioning that, despite a rebuilt offensive line featuring two highly drafted blockers, Gore averaged only 4.2 yards per carry last year, the lowest rate of his career. And that was before the broken hip that ended his season in Week 12. Gore says he's back at 100 percent, but what if he's not? What if he gets hurt again?

The 49ers have a lot of options at backup running back, but none of them is very good. Anthony Dixon was a sixth-round choice in 2010, and Kendall Hunter was a fourth-round pick this year. Xavier Omon has spent three seasons bouncing on and off the rosters of the New York Jets, Buffalo Bills and Seattle Seahawks. The most well-known backup might be undrafted rookie Jeremiah Masoli, former quarterback for Oregon and Mississippi.

If Gore returns to pre-injury levels, this will be a nonissue. If he's hurt again, though, the 49ers will be in deep trouble because they have no Plan B.

As fans, we all know what we have with Frank Gore and I think the lack of discussion on this issue reflects the general lack of concern.

If Frank says he is ready to go, then he's ready to go; Gore is a gamer. Moreover, if we can give him any daylight at all, he will rush for 1200+ yards this season and add another 400+ yards receiving.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One not to important correction to this, Gore needs 2275 yards to become the all time leading rusher. He needs 650 to pass Craig, but Joe Perry is number one, with 8689 yards.

Beside that, I'm excited to see what Hunter can do. He looks like he could have some potential. I'm not willing to say we have nothing at RB after Gore, before seeing what Hunter is capable of.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not just the rushes that makes Gore so good, it's his blitz pickup and pass protection... he has been very good in the last few seasons.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray, Pozz, great insight on camp thanks much for that! I'm so freaked out on how much more productive this board. Such a breath of fresh air after reading the convoluted delusional drivel that certian posters couldn't help themselves from posting.

This is only my 2nd go round on the thing, still trying to figure it out, but I like what I'm reading, I'm fired up for the season, and ready to get going here.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem man, enjoy!