• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pozz's Camp News-Goodwin, T Brown now starting

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fangio discusses Patrick Willis' weakness : Niner Insider

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Barrows.

Nice to see C Eric Heitmann. Said pain, tingling sensations began to go away after spring neck surgery. Has not ruled out a return next yr.
web • 8/9/11 1:56 PM

Starter for now. Q is who A Smith wld replace. @MR_Hawk21: Are Vic & Co. high on A. Brooks? Seem to be giving him the OLB position quietly.
UberSocial • 8/9/11 12:26 PM

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Unfortunately Aldon doesn't look ready for primetime yet. Boone does block him well. He still made some plays and a highlight was stopping a reverse play to a RB in the backfield. You can tell a two point stance is new to him and coverage is going to take some work. His arms are crazy long, I understand all the hype about that now.

How come you say Aldon doesnt look ready for primetime? Mainly because Boone is blocking him well? Everything I've read said his pass rushing skills are really shinning. This is probably one of the 1st negative comments I've heard about Aldon.

I've read some good things about Boone too. If Anthony Davis never does step it up maybe we can get lucky and have Boone pan out.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Branch.

DC Vic Fangio tempered some of Aldon Smith hype, saying rookie had shown "flashes" but was still work in progress. #49ers
Mobile Web • 8/9/11 12:42 PM

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fangio answered your question for me haha.

He isn't a natural working in a two point stance yet. He'll over pursue to the outside and take himself out of the play. He's gonna have to do a better job of setting the edge in those situations. He also just drops into a backpedal in covergage like he's counting the steps. He's not on the lookout for who could come into his zone yet. These things take time to learn. I think he'll get there eventually and I'll take the flash plays he will still come up with in the meantime. And for some reason Boone does very well against him which tells me Boone might be starter material in the future.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for your thoughts on today's practice Ray. Good to hear on Whitner, RJF. and Edwards. Ginn probably deserves all the shit you throw his way! He is pretty sick in the return game though, so I am a little more willing to accept his drops at WR than others WR's.

I keep waiting for the day they cut Snyder. I want to like him, but all he does is consistently piss me off when I isolate his play.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem man.

Snyder is rubbish, he has been for a long time. I think he moved to center to try and prolong his career. Problem is he sucks even worse at that.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot to mention one of Ginn's drops resulted in an INT. It bounced of his brick hands and sailed over him into the air and fell into the defender's lap. I'd be real nervous throwing him a bullet on a crossing route. He should be asked to make deep basket catches only and even those are iffy.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to hear RJF tearing it up strength wise.... I hope for impact moments from him during games.

Sad to hear Aldon has disappointed today.... but obviously being a rookie and learning a new position, there will be a trial period....

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Aldon is gonna beast when he's playing end on our 43 downs. That is where he'll get his sacks. He's gotta get moving on the OLB part and fast!

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Taylor Mays. Played the deep free safety position with the second and third team defenses. He got beat twice, once by Vernon Davis and once by Ronald Johnson. When Johnson beat him, Mays shoved him late and Johnson fell to the ground. His teammates didn’t like this, and Reuland immediately got in Mays’ face, grabbing him by the collar. One fan yelled, “Is that all you can do, Taylor?” To Mays’ credit, he apologized twice to Johnson.\\

Was that you Ray_Dogg? LOL

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha! That was me but he left out where I said cuz you can't cover at the end. Sweet. All the reporters were real close to me.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Ray, have you decided if you're sticking with the avatar after today's practice? It sounds like it's going to take at least a year for Aldon to adjust to the position fully.

Thanks for taking the time to share with us your notes. It's nice to get a different perspective on things.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I'm gonna stick with him. He's gotta prove Sapp right and get 11 sacks. He's got some camp left to improve.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No move for Mays: Fangio explains why safety won't convert to LB : Niner Insider

Some kid said this after me when Reuland and Mays were going at it.
As an aside, Mays, who is on the trading block, decked unsuspecting rookie wide receiver Ronald Johnson near the end of a play today, prompting a fan to call out, "You guys are on the same team (pause) for now."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?entry_id=95037#ixzz1UZrpzAo6

Last edited by a moderator:

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you're right. It would be nice to have a 10+ sack guy again.

It sounds like maybe Boone deserves more credit than he's getting. I'd like to see what he could do against Brooks. It would be sad if he is better than Davis.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's really funny. Give 'em hell!

It's great to get a non-diplomatic view of what's actually going on out there. Ginn was supposedly the best receiver in camp... now he's actually flashing his stone hands all over the place.

Mays sounds terrible! Just imagine what elite QB's would do to him. Got to look at the positives, at least he's fighting for his job.

If it's really that bad he'll have to kill it on ST's. WAIT Taylor! Let's re-phrase that...

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be giving Boone some looks at RT no doubt. I'd have Davis on a real short leash or at least looking over his shoulder.