• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pozz's Camp News-Goodwin, T Brown now starting

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well i guess there is some give and take then. Sounds like Andre Smith the way he's been described lately. I was against the pick from the beginning, but i always thought he would at least be a serviceable RT.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Camp report (8/9): Stanford rookie makes bid as third TE

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Those were the two guys a big portion of the **** board didn't want last year. Good thing we traded up for Davis though.

I thought Davis was in much better shape and looked improved against the rush this year too. Baby steps I guess.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked good. He was way down field running in front of Gore near the sideline. With Gore yelling, "Go, Go, Go, Go" and pointing for the next guy to be blocked. Not often you see a guard that far down field still in front of the RB.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He looked good. He was way down field running in front of Gore near the sideline. With Gore yelling, "Go, Go, Go, Go" and pointing for the next guy to be blocked. Not often you see a guard that far down field still in front of the RB.

Chilo has always been good at run blocking. It's the pass protecting aspect of the game that he is really weak on

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, still not confident in the right side of our oline.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fangio answered your question for me haha.

He isn't a natural working in a two point stance yet. He'll over pursue to the outside and take himself out of the play. He's gonna have to do a better job of setting the edge in those situations. He also just drops into a backpedal in covergage like he's counting the steps. He's not on the lookout for who could come into his zone yet. These things take time to learn. I think he'll get there eventually and I'll take the flash plays he will still come up with in the meantime. And for some reason Boone does very well against him which tells me Boone might be starter material in the future.

ha yeah appropriate time to post the fangio comment.

And thanks for your observations. Obviously nice to have a fans perspective then just writers.

two days away until preseason kickoff, cant wait to see the 9ers with my own eyes.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
have no fear, Davis will make us proud... if he struggles, i'm sure Harbs will send help his way. Remember the kid is still young and learning.

I think the trade talks, the constant observation is getting to Mays. The guy must feel like theres someone breathing on his neck waiting for a mistake. Hang in there Mays!

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
have no fear, Davis will make us proud... if he struggles, i'm sure Harbs will send help his way. Remember the kid is still young and learning.

I think the trade talks, the constant observation is getting to Mays. The guy must feel like theres someone breathing on his neck waiting for a mistake. Hang in there Mays!

So that makes it ok to hit one of his team mates after the play is dead? I'm not arguing the fact that he must feel the pressure, but there are better ways of handling it. Like how about dropping some weight and learning how to cover?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Never mind. Late to the party commenting on Ray shouting at Mays.

Last edited by a moderator:

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said about Crabtree after his rookie season, we should trade Davis while he has some semblance of trade value left.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd be giving Boone some looks at RT no doubt. I'd have Davis on a real short leash or at least looking over his shoulder.

I liked Boone last year and I agree! If he is making plays put him in, quit catering to the contract and put the best guys on the field!

Great stuff in this thread, Ray!

yehyeh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So that makes it ok to hit one of his team mates after the play is dead? I'm not arguing the fact that he must feel the pressure, but there are better ways of handling it. Like how about dropping some weight and learning how to cover?

What's funny is those two were teammates in college for 3 years as well.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

There is a bit of irony in this as Rachal wears the same number as one of the best pulling gaurds of his time, Guy McIntyre.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be giving Boone some looks at RT no doubt. I'd have Davis on a real short leash or at least looking over his shoulder.

Definitely agree, if Boone is looking good at LT give him a look at RT if Davis is struggling still.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
• The catch of the day - and perhaps training camp - was turned in by Bridewater's Tyler Beiler. Masoli appeared to be throwing the ball away to the sideline when Beiler leapt up and snaired the ball with one hand over safety Madieu Williams. I don't know if Beiler got both feet in bounds, but it really didn't matter - the catch was Zeigler-esque in its beauty.

Read more: 49ers Blog and Q&A: Stop the presses: Patrick Willis isn't perfect

This might make MW tear up. ;)

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was nice. Happened right in front of me and both feet were in.