• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pozz's Camp News-Goodwin, T Brown now starting

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drink 5 Red Bulls so you don't have to blink. I wanna know about the QB's, both lines, the WR's, RB's, LB's and DB's....oh yea, report on the TE's too. Special attention to Kap, Alex, Aldon, Culliver, A Davis and Hunter.

:thumb:

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A few things that caught my eye from the AP article.

The 49ers signed Harbaugh to a five-year contract in January to replace Singletary, whose expertise was on defense.

I'd say the AP was just being nice, Singletary's only expertise was in motivation and the respect that comes from being Mike Singletary the HOF LB

This year promises to be different. Fullback Moran Norris(notes) has been with the 49ers since 2006, and he has yet to play in such a diversified offense since joining the team. "I love this whole offense," Norris said. "It suits everybody. Every role matters and I don't think any (position) stands out more than others. It's all in one big pot and you just mix it up together."

I like the sound of this, it's a shame that since 2006 the offenses have really been built on Frank Gore, if he didn't succeed.. the offense didn't succeed. I love the idea of going back to a group offense, instead of just expecting Gore to carry the team.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
SI_JimTrotter Jim Trotter
1 thing not in the postcard (paraphrased): aldon smith looks good. seems to have a knack for rushing the passer. deceptively strong. #49ers

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He called Harbaugh an old man twice in one interview. He better get some laps. ;)

Side note - is anyone else bothered when players call their coach by their name instead of coach. I.E. "Yea, Jim is really putting us in a position for success."

Yeah, i noticed that too. This isn't something Alex would have done in the past. I think if anything it shows the comfort level they have with one another. I look at it as a good thing

krunchdoggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
SI_JimTrotter Jim Trotter
1 thing not in the postcard (paraphrased): aldon smith looks good. seems to have a knack for rushing the passer. deceptively strong. #49ers

Its great to keep hearing that Smith is doing well

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, i noticed that too. This isn't something Alex would have done in the past. I think if anything it shows the comfort level they have with one another. I look at it as a good thing

Yea, I view the Alex thing as a positive assuming he and Harbaugh have that type of relationship.

My other comment about players calling their coaches by name was an unrelated rant.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the crispest, most efficient practice I've seen while visiting NFC West camps over the past week. Coach Jim Harbaugh was everywhere, including deep inside the offensive huddle. The 49ers practiced with purpose. Harbaugh called this the best 49ers practice since camp opened. There was frequent give and take between offense and defense. Newly signed receiver Braylon Edwards dominated at times in the red zone. Fans in attendance cheered his every move, no matter how ordinary. Edwards' overhead touchdown grab against cornerback Tramaine Brock was a highlight.

It's quite a relief to hear this kind of stuff from somebody other than Maiocco or Barrows. Especially from someone who covers the whole NFC West. Things are starting to look a little more promising.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers training camp - best practice day yet : Niner Insider

-Culliver definitely plays with an edge and he's really inconsistent. In some drills he looks completely disinterested and in others, he's engaged and performing at a high level.

---

Walker played at 255 pounds last year; he cut 15 pounds coming into camp. It's made a difference.

---

-Second-year cornerback Phillip Adams said he will work as a punt returner once he recovers more completely from last year's broken ankle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great news to see the QBs making progress. Also very encouraged by Culliver and Aldon. Looking to be an exciting year. Curious to see what Rogers, Whitner and Edwards will bring.