• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots Receivers Tracker

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
th

I don’t know why....... but I want to punch this dude right in the face. :noidea:

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either Darboh or Hansen might stick on the roster, but remember, there was a reason they were cut and a reason that 30 other teams passed on a chance to sign them.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darboh likely to show up in 2019 training camp. Probably will go to IR

Underwent surgery today.....
Haha what else is new? Another injured pick up for NE:doh:
He couldn't make a pedestrian Seahawk receiver squad. I don't see anything worth keeping him around for.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point does anyone else think the Pats need to address the WR position early in 2019 as well as QB? Could next year bring an offensive heavy draft for the Pats?

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with bringing in a new receiver now, even a vet like Kendall Wright or Dez Bryant, is getting him on the same page with TB quickly. With Edelman out, the receiver need, barring injury, is most critical in games 1-4. History has shown that, even though TB throws a very "catchable" ball, it takes time for a receiver to pick up the Pats' system. About the only "quick study" I can recall was Randy Moss, and he was just a special athlete.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point does anyone else think the Pats need to address the WR position early in 2019 as well as QB? Could next year bring an offensive heavy draft for the Pats?

Yep.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would not be a roster pot. Camp body next year?
Maybe they don't think the injury will allow him to play? I dunno.....
If he had passed his physical and made the PS even he would be taking up a one of those 10 "spots".
I watched him in Seattle and sorry even as a camp body he's pretty useless IMO. Hopefully if he makes the team next year he proves me wrong.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he had passed his physical and made the PS even he would be taking up a one of those 10 "spots".
I watched him in Seattle and sorry even as a camp body he's pretty useless IMO. Hopefully if he makes the team next year he proves me wrong.

I dont expect him to make the team. I'm happy the team is still looking forward.....
HAnsen more likely to make the team.....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now the offense is way understaffed. If push came to shove and all the WRs got hurt early in a game, they could replace them with DBs. The problem is that it puts the flow of the offense totally out of whack. Secondly, there are no proven guys on the PS. I thought at the very least Inman would have been signed. Big, fast and has experience.

BB is not going to do anything the the fans or media think he should. He's going to prove that he knows what he's doing, that they're wrong and will do it his way...................win or lose.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots have announced that they have signed .........

WR Corey Coleman, former Buffalo Bill first round pick

WR Bernie Fowler, former Denver Bronco

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The New England Patriots are giving former first-round pick Corey Coleman a chance to get his career on track.

The 24-year-old agreed to deal with New England on Tuesday, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.

This marks Coleman's third team since August. He spent the first two years of his career with the Cleveland Browns after being taken with the 15th overall pick in 2016, but they opted to move on by trading him to the Buffalo Bills for a 2020 seventh-round pick. Less than a month after the trade, Buffalo released him as it trimmed its roster down to 53 at the end of the preseason.

Now the third-year wideout will get a fresh start in Foxborough.

While Tom Brady remains under center, there have been plenty of changes to his receiving corps since the end of last season. Brandin Cooks was traded, Danny Amendola left in free agency, Cordarrelle Patterson was acquired in a trade, and Kenny Britt and Malcolm Mitchell were released during the preseason.

In addition, the NFL suspended Julian Edelman for the first four games for violating the league's policy on performance-enhancing substances.

Fortunately for Brady, tight end Rob Gronkowski decided to play in 2018 and give the quarterback a familiar face to throw to. Chris Hogan remains in New England as well, but besides him and Gronk, the Patriots don't have much proven depth in the passing game.

Coleman was one of the top receivers in his draft class, thanks to his speed and ability to stretch the field. However, he was unable to put his skills on display with the Browns. Not only was there uncertainty at quarterback, but he also suffered a broken hand in each of his first two years as a pro.

As a result, the former Baylor star appeared in just 19 of 32 games in Cleveland.

Coleman totaled just 56 catches for 718 yards and five touchdowns in two seasons with the Browns, recording just one 100-yard game and averaging just 12.8 yards per reception. His time in Cleveland will always be remembered by the drop that sealed the second 0-16 season in NFL history.

The 5'11", 185-pound wideout fell out of favor in Cleveland, who had the top draft choice working with the second-team offense during his third year. Coleman ultimately went to head coach Hue Jackson and suggested the team trade him if he wasn't going to be a part of the team's plans—and that's exactly what the Browns did.

There were circumstances beyond Coleman's control that made it tough for him to live up to his first-round billing in Cleveland. But at 24, he is still plenty young enough to show everyone what he can do.

Now he is in New England and working with Brady, Coleman will have a golden opportunity to try to quiet his critics.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The New England Patriots reportedly agreed to sign free-agent wide receiver Bennie Fowler on Tuesday, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter and Field Yates.

New England's reported decision to sign Fowler came after NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported earlier Tuesday that the Pats came to terms with free-agent wideout Corey Coleman.

Fowler was released by the Chicago Bears on Sept. 3 after signing with them in April.

The 27-year-old veteran, who went undrafted out of Michigan State, spent the first four seasons of his NFL career with the Denver Broncos.

In 45 career regular-season games, Fowler has registered 56 receptions for 698 yards and five touchdowns.

His most productive campaign came last season, when he set career highs with 29 grabs for 350 yards and three scores.

Most notably, Fowler was on the receiving end of a two-point conversion from quarterback Peyton Manning in the Broncos' 24-10 win over the Carolina Panthers in Super Bowl 50 at the conclusion of the 2015 season.

With Julian Edelman suspended for the first four games the season, the Pats entered their Week 1 game against the Houston Texas with just four wide receivers on the active roster.

Chris Hogan, Phillip Dorsett and Cordarrelle Patterson saw extended action in the 27-20 win, while Matthew Slater was primarily relegated to special teams.

Aside from completing seven passes for 66 yards and a touchdown to Dorsett, quarterback Tom Brady primarily focused on throwing to his tight ends and running backs.

Hogan and Patterson combined for just 17 yards on two receptions in the game.

With Fowler and Coleman in the fold, Brady will have more options on the outside until Edelman returns to provides some stability to the receiving corps.