• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NE Patriots Roster

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Added to 53 man roster.....

Cassh Maluia LB and
J.J. Taylor. (little Dion) RB - to replace Damien Harris.
"little Dion" should have fun running around all of Miami's rookies.....

Nice pick up Southie.
Here the official announcement:

Patriots sign two players to the 53-man roster from the practice squad; place two players on injured reserve
Sep 07, 2020 at 05:52 PM
unbtvhtzt9yjr1npz9ca.gif

New England Patriots
Staff
jd2fx57o4msnnmviwsca.jpg

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – The New England Patriots announced today that they have signed LB Cassh Maluia and RB J.J. Taylor to the 53-man roster from the practice squad. In addition, the Patriots placed DL Beau Allen and RB Damien Harris on the injured reserve list.

Maluia, 21, was released on Sept. 5 and signed to the practice squad on Sept. 6. The 6-foot, 248-pounder was drafted by New England in the sixth round (204th overall) of the 2020 NFL Draft out of Wyoming.

Taylor, 21, was released on Sept. 5 and signed to the practice squad on Sept. 6. The 5-foot-6, 185-pounder was originally signed by New England as a rookie free agent out of Arizona on May 5, 2020.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rookies got their permanent numbers today:

No. 35: S Kyle Dugger
No. 42: RB J.J. Taylor
No. 44: TE Dalton Keene
No. 46: LB Cassh Maluia
No. 53: LB Josh Uche
No. 58: LB Anfernee Jennings
No. 71: OL Mike Onwenu
No. 75: OL Justin Herron
No. 86: TE Devin Asiasi

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rookies got their permanent numbers today:

No. 35: S Kyle Dugger
No. 42: RB J.J. Taylor
No. 44: TE Dalton Keene
No. 46: LB Cassh Maluia
No. 53: LB Josh Uche
No. 58: LB Anfernee Jennings
No. 71: OL Mike Onwenu
No. 75: OL Justin Herron
No. 86: TE Devin Asiasi

I'm excited about all these guys except for maybe Dalton Keane but that could change.

Lack of full pad scrimmage information you have heard very little about Mike Onwenu.
I think he is going to be a tank on the O-line.

Lot of good young players on that list.
The press is not seeing what's coming at them as they plan for the Patriots demise.....

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know if Keene added more muscle weight? I have a feeling the Pats are looking for that Gronk Hernandez threat again

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited about all these guys except for maybe Dalton Keane but that could change.

Lack of full pad scrimmage information you have heard very little about Mike Onwenu.

The press is not seeing what's coming at them as they plan for the Patriots demise.....

I called it!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The future of the OL looks outstanding. The only thing I'd like to see is a true backup center.
When Andrews comes back, Thuney will move back to LG and Oweenu will be on the sideline.
And that sucks. Maybe move him to RT but he got pushed around against the Seahawks and gave up
a sack. Doesn't have the fastest feet against an outside speed rush.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After being used exclusively at right tackle and jumbo tight end over the first two weeks of the regular season, sixth-round pick Michael Onwenu saw his first career start at left guard: with David Andrews on injured reserve and Joe Thuney moving over to the vacant center spot, the Patriots decided to go with the Michigan man. The spotlight was not too bright for the youngster, who had an impressive performance both as a run blocker and a pass protector.

Onwenu getting the nod over the more experienced Hjalte Froholdt and James Ferentz shows how high the team is on him, and that he is the sixth option along the offensive line for the time being. With Thuney scheduled to enter unrestricted free agency next offseason, his development could be crucial to the long-term outlook of New England’s offensive line.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PATRIOTS TRANSACTIONS 11-10-2020

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – The New England Patriots announced that they have claimed TE Jordan Thomas off waivers from the Arizona Cardinals and signed TEs Dylan Cantrell and David Wells to the practice squad.

In addition, the Patriots released LB Cassh Maluia, placed TE Dalton Keene on injured reserve and released DL Ryan Glasgow from the practice squad.

Thomas, 24, originally entered the NFL as a sixth-round draft pick (211th overall) by the Houston Texans out of Mississippi State in the 2018 NFL Draft. The 6-foot-5, 277-pounder has played in 25 regular-season games with 12 starts and totaled has 22 receptions for 226 yards and five touchdowns. Thomas has also played in three postseason contests with one start and caught one pass for 7 yards. Thomas was released by Houston on Sept. 5, 2020, and signed by the Arizona Cardinals to the practice squad on Sept. 8. He was elevated to the active roster on Sept. 19, reverted to the practice squad on Sept. 21, and promoted to the active roster on Sept. 22. Thomas played in four games as a reserve for Arizona this season and caught one pass for a 3-yard touchdown. He was released by Arizona on Nov. 7.

Cantrell, 26, originally entered the NFL as a sixth-round draft pick (191st overall) by the Los Angeles Chargers out of Texas Tech in the 2018 NFL Draft. The 6-foot-3, 240-pounder spent the first 13 weeks of his rookie season on the practice squad before being signed to the 53-man roster, where he was inactive for the final four games. After spending the 2019 season on injured reserve with the Chargers, Cantrell was signed by the Arizona Cardinals on June 1, 2020, and was released on Sept. 5.

Wells, 25, originally entered the NFL as a rookie free agent with the Dallas Cowboys on May 11, 2018, out of San Diego State. The 6-foot-5, 255-pounder was released by Dallas at the end of training camp and spent most of the 2018 season on the Kansas City Chiefs practice squad. He went to training camp with Kansas City in 2019 but was injured during training camp and spent the season on injured reserve.

Maluia, 22, was drafted by New England in the sixth round (204th overall) of the 2020 NFL Draft out of Wyoming. The 6-foot, 248-pounder played in six games as a reserve for the Patriots and did not accrue any statistics. Maluia was inactive for the season opener vs. Miami (9/13) and was active but did not play at N.Y. Jets (11/9).

Keene, 21, was drafted by New England in the third round (101st overall) of the 2020 NFL Draft out of Virginia Tech. The 6-foot-4, 251-pounder played as a reserve vs. San Francisco (10/25) and caught one pass for 8 yards. He was inactive for seven contests.

Glasgow, 27, originally entered the NFL as a fourth-round draft pick (138th overall) by Cincinnati out of Michigan in the 2017 NFL Draft. The 6-foot-3, 300-pounder has played in 24 career games with three starts and registered 41 tackles. Last season, Glasgow appeared in five games with two starts for the Bengals and made seven tackles. He was released by the Bengals on July 30, 2020, spent time on the Houston practice squad earlier this season and signed with the Patriots practice squad on Nov. 4.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 1# ranked OT in the NFL. Damn... what a find by Coach B.View attachment 258388
Tom Curran was on fire today asking about the success of the Pats recent draft and developing players...

BB's response: "I’m not going to apologize for our record over the last 20 years. I’ve seen a lot worse."

As a follow up Curran asked about the success of drafts since 2014 to which BB said something like "I know you want to write about the draft scorecard but I'm really focused on the Ravens"... I may have pointed out the Pats went to 5 AFCCGs, 4 SBs and won3 during that span.

Sheesh, go back to 1999 and asked yourself if you'd accept a few bad drafts (of which I see more of hits and misses) but also a few titles, would you take it?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Boston Media can't stand the thought that the Patriots will be among the "also rans" this year and have already started getting themselves all worked up about next year. They've been equally spoiled by having the Patriots to defend every year. As far as they are all concerned, BB didn't see all of the problems that he's encountered in 2020 and they don't think he has any plan whatsoever for 2021. Now they're trying to convince anyone who'll listen that the team will be even worse in the future.

They mentioned Owenue once all week. Talking about him would ruin their temper tantrum.

They also failed to mention that Dugger, Uche, Jennings, Bentley and Winovich all played against the Jets Sunday. I agree that his offensive "skill" player drafts have been questionable, but his defenses have been pretty damn good.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if only BB knew what he was doing

A sixth-round pick (182nd overall), Onwenu has started every game for the Patriots, having seen time at right tackle, both guard spots and as an extra tight end early in the season. He has even changed positions during games to cover for injuries. His 88.8% pass block win rate, via ESPN metrics by NFL Next Gen Stats, is No. 1 among all guards in the NFL.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if only BB knew what he was doing

A sixth-round pick (182nd overall), Onwenu has started every game for the Patriots, having seen time at right tackle, both guard spots and as an extra tight end early in the season. He has even changed positions during games to cover for injuries. His 88.8% pass block win rate, via ESPN metrics by NFL Next Gen Stats, is No. 1 among all guards in the NFL.
He's rated #6 among 36 RT in the NFL by NFL.com

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's rated #6 among 36 RT in the NFL by NFL.com
As a tackle, Ken. #6 playing out of natural position is pretty damn good.
I picked him at draft as being special - at guard. He does not have the footwork to be a star at tackle.
Longest arms in the draft but you can run around him at tackle.....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11/28
Activated WR Donte Moncrief and DL Akeem Spence to the 53-man roster from the practice squad [Standard Elevations]. Restored OL Justin Herron to the 53-man roster from injured reserve. Placed RB Rex Burkhead, DL Carl Davis and OL Isaiah Wynn on injured reserve and placed TE Jake Burt on practice squad injured reserve.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2020​

DECEMBER
  • 12/05
    Activated TE Dalton Keen to the 53-man roster from injured reserve. Signed WR Donte Moncrief and DL Akeem Spence to the 53-man roster from the practice squad and activated TE/DL Rashod Berry to the 53-man roster from the practice squad [Standard Elevation]. Released WR Isaiah Ford from the 53-man roster.

Ford was obtained from the Miami Dolphins for a conditional 6th round pick in 2021 ...IF he made the 53 man roster. He never did.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Transactions 2020​

December

DATETRANSACTION
December 9, 2020Waived LB Jack Cichy. Signed DB Dayon Lake and WR Devin Smith to the practice squad.
December 8, 2020Released S J.T. Hassell from the practice squad.