• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #12 Bills @ NE Patriots Thursday 12/1/2022 8:15 PM PRIME

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is expecting a beating for the Patriots as a reminder that they aren't good and the Bills' loss in the frigid game last year was nothing more than everything falling in place for them and nothing for the Bills.

Josh Allen found out that he's not invincible and there are teams looking to lay licks on him and take the energy out of the Bills offense. The Patriots pass rush will be a huge concern for the Bills and protecting JA will be priority #1.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Allen found out that he's not invincible and there are teams looking to lay licks on him and take the energy out of the Bills offense. The Patriots pass rush will be a huge concern for the Bills and protecting JA will be priority #1.
It's good to have a QB that can move.

QB's that rely on their running ability are more likely to suffer injuries and have shorter careers. So keep running Josh.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's good to have a QB that can move.

QB's that rely on their running ability are more likely to suffer injuries and have shorter careers. So keep running Josh.
Big Ben managed to earn two rings with that type of approach. Most fan bases would appreciate that.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Ben could move and did once in a while.

He was not a running QB.
Big Ben wouldn't go down which exposed him to the same risks as the runners. It's why I referred to his play as "that type of approach". Josh takes hits, Big Molester took hits.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bills 28

Pats 13

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Ben wouldn't go down which exposed him to the same risks as the runners.
That's my point.

Nov 12, 2012NFLChest Rib SeparationRoethlisberger separated his throwing shoulder and dislocated a rib vs. Kansas City.
Nov 12, 2012NFLShoulder S/C Joint SeparationBig Ben dislocated a joint in his shoulder against the Chiefs, causing him to miss the next three weeks.
Aug 4, 2012NFLPedal Ankle Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1Ben sprained an ankle when an offensive lineman stepped on him.
Aug 20, 2009NFLPedal Achilles Pull Grade 1Big Ben suffered a pulled achilles against the Bengals in the preseason and missed Week 1 as a result.
Sep 27, 2015NFLKnee MCL Sprain Grade 2Roethlisberger took a sack at an awkward angle and had to be carted off the field.
Nov 29, 2015NFLHead Cranial Concussion Grade 1Roethlisberger was concussed late in the 4th quarter. He suited up the following week.
Oct 16, 2016NFLKnee Meniscus TearBig Ben missed just 1 game following surgery.
Nov 28, 2010NFLPedal Foot FractureWhat was first thought of as a sprain turned out to be a foot fracture for Big Ben. He played the following week and didn't miss any game time.
Dec 5, 2010NFLHead Nose FractureBig Ben didn't miss a snap despite his injury.
Oct 2, 2011NFLPedal Foot SprainIn Week 4 against the Texans, Roethlisberger suffered a foot sprain but played through it.
Dec 8, 2011NFLPedal Ankle Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1Roethlisberger sprained his left ankle around halftime against the Browns in Week 14 but returned for the second half.
Nov 13, 2011NFLHand Thumb FractureRoethlisberger didn't miss a snap in Week 10 action vs. the Bengals.
Sep 29, 2013NFLHand Finger DislocationIn Week 4, Big Ben dislocated his right index finger but continued playing.
Nov 8, 2015NFLPedal Foot SprainBig Ben sprained his left foot but returned to play the following week.
Jan 9, 2016NFLShoulder A/C Joint SprainRoethlisberger had an AC sprain with torn ligaments in his throwing shoulder, yet he missed 0 games.
Nov 22, 2009NFLHead Cranial Concussion Grade 1Roethlisberger missed 1 game with his concussion.
Oct 22, 2006NFLHead Cranial Concussion Grade 1Ben took a nasty helmet to helmet hit from Chauncey Davis.
Dec 9, 2018NFLChest Rib FractureRoethlisberger didn't miss any games, despite dealing with cracked ribs.
Sep 15, 2019NFLArm Elbow TearRoethlisberger suffered an elbow injury in Week Two against the Seattle Seahawks. He had surgery and he is expected back for the 2020 season
Nov 8, 2020NFLKnee Strain Grade 1Roethlisberger injured both of his knees in Week 9's win over the Cowboys. He was active for Week 10 against the Bengals
Sep 19, 2021NFLChest Pectoral Strain Grade 2Roethlisberger suffered a left pectoral injury in the Week 2 loss to the Raiders.
Oct 3, 2021NFLInguinal Hip StrainRoethlisberger picked up a hip injury during the Steelers' Week 4 loss to the Packers. He played through it in the next game.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my point.

Nov 12, 2012NFLChest Rib SeparationRoethlisberger separated his throwing shoulder and dislocated a rib vs. Kansas City.
Nov 12, 2012NFLShoulder S/C Joint SeparationBig Ben dislocated a joint in his shoulder against the Chiefs, causing him to miss the next three weeks.
Aug 4, 2012NFLPedal Ankle Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1Ben sprained an ankle when an offensive lineman stepped on him.
Aug 20, 2009NFLPedal Achilles Pull Grade 1Big Ben suffered a pulled achilles against the Bengals in the preseason and missed Week 1 as a result.
Sep 27, 2015NFLKnee MCL Sprain Grade 2Roethlisberger took a sack at an awkward angle and had to be carted off the field.
Nov 29, 2015NFLHead Cranial Concussion Grade 1Roethlisberger was concussed late in the 4th quarter. He suited up the following week.
Nov 28, 2010NFLPedal Foot FractureWhat was first thought of as a sprain turned out to be a foot fracture for Big Ben. He played the following week and didn't miss any game time.
Oct 2, 2011NFLPedal Foot SprainIn Week 4 against the Texans, Roethlisberger suffered a foot sprain but played through it.
Dec 8, 2011NFLPedal Ankle Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1Roethlisberger sprained his left ankle around halftime against the Browns in Week 14 but returned for the second half.
Nov 13, 2011NFLHand Thumb FractureRoethlisberger didn't miss a snap in Week 10 action vs. the Bengals.
Sep 29, 2013NFLHand Finger DislocationIn Week 4, Big Ben dislocated his right index finger but continued playing.
Nov 8, 2015NFLPedal Foot SprainBig Ben sprained his left foot but returned to play the following week.
Jan 9, 2016NFLShoulder A/C Joint SprainRoethlisberger had an AC sprain with torn ligaments in his throwing shoulder, yet he missed 0 games.
Nov 22, 2009NFLHead Cranial Concussion Grade 1Roethlisberger missed 1 game with his concussion.
Oct 22, 2006NFLHead Cranial Concussion Grade 1Ben took a nasty helmet to helmet hit from Chauncey Davis.
Dec 9, 2018NFLChest Rib FractureRoethlisberger didn't miss any games, despite dealing with cracked ribs.
Sep 15, 2019NFLArm Elbow TearRoethlisberger suffered an elbow injury in Week Two against the Seattle Seahawks. He had surgery and he is expected back for the 2020 season
Nov 8, 2020NFLKnee Strain Grade 1Roethlisberger injured both of his knees in Week 9's win over the Cowboys. He was active for Week 10 against the Bengals
Sep 19, 2021NFLChest Pectoral Strain Grade 2Roethlisberger suffered a left pectoral injury in the Week 2 loss to the Raiders.
Oct 3, 2021NFLInguinal Hip StrainRoethlisberger picked up a hip injury during the Steelers' Week 4 loss to the Packers. He played through it in the next game.
And my point he has two rings isn't valid?

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my point.

Did he ever hurt his r*ping arm?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bills are ripe for another loss. They had a hard time with the Lions.

If the defense can hit Allen a couple of times in tye pocket and shut off his immediate escape, he will make mistakes this year. They are in panic mode because another loss could shut them out of the playoffs if that loss is in the division. Patriots have more in their favor to get a win. The payoff could be much greater if the Bills lose to them and possibly to the Dolphins. The AFCE could giveth and take away in the same week.

Patriots 23
Bills 22

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching the Pats Vikes game I feel a little more confident with our offense and less confident with our defense. I won't say it was a bad game for the defense just an off game. Patricia at the helm of play calling in the RZ still scares the shit out of me. I feel more confident now then when I made my original response. We have to contain Allen, somehow.

In a must game win I chance my original post.

Pats 27
Bills 23

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can't handle QB's that can run. Allen can run. This one gets ugly early.

Buffalo 38
Patriots 16

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching the Pats Vikes game I feel a little more confident with our offense and less confident with our defense. I won't say it was a bad game for the defense just an off game. Patricia at the helm of play calling in the RZ still scares the shit out of me. I feel more confident now then when I made my original response. We have to contain Allen, somehow.

In a must game win I chance my original post.

Pats 27
Bills 23
A couple of stats;

Mac Jones has the highest Red Zone Completion Percentage in the NFL at 71.4%.

And...

The Patriots have the second worst Red Zone TD Scoring Percentage in the NFL.

Fat Shack calls a run play right up the middle when the whole world knows it's going to be a run play right up the middle, followed by pass plays when everyone knows he is now going to call a pass play.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of stats;

Mac Jones has the highest Red Zone Completion Percentage in the NFL at 71.4%.

And...

The Patriots have the second worst Red Zone TD Scoring Percentage in the NFL.

Fat Shack calls a run play right up the middle when the whole world knows it's going to be a run play right up the middle, followed by pass plays when everyone knows he is now going to call a pass play.
Exactly he is not mixing shit up. I saw what I would call a stretch draw play and honestly said to myself WTF was that. Maybe they need to let Mac audible in the RZ???

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots are so strictly scripted inside the 20 that everyone including six year olds know is going to happen.

My mind says that they will have an even mix of running plays and pass plays from the opposite 25 to the 20. Never, ever do they even try play action. It's almost as if they believe the defense is too close. With Brady, they had flash dashes two steps up and across from both sides. That's why Edelman was so successful getting the ball to the one or two yard line. Two reasons not to do it, WRs are not quick enough to do the two step or Mac can't react fast enough at a high speed. What I think it is, is that Matty is calling "safe" plays for Mac and the WRs, "HOPING" that they will work.

Just my opinion.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two reasons not to do it, WRs are not quick enough to do the two step or Mac can't react fast enough at a high speed.
Cannot react fast enough and still throw the ball accurately is my gut feeling.

Maybe that will come with more game time.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can't handle QB's that can run. Allen can run. This one gets ugly early.

Buffalo 38
Patriots 16

I wish you were wrong but I think you are correct. I can see us giving up 3rd and longs to Allen's legs all night. Great on 1st and 2nd down and then give up the 3rd and long.

I'd love to be wrong.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cannot react fast enough and still throw the ball accurately is my gut feeling.

Maybe that will come with more game time.
I think a part of the issue this year is poor O Line play. I tend to count from snap to toss what the release is. Last year Mac was releasing @2.5 to 3 seconds that is average for short type passing plays. This year he is consistently under pressure @ 2.5 seconds that is bound to affect a lot of things. 1. Ability for play to develop, 2. Confidence, 3. Ability to go through reads etc