• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots Receivers Tracker

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors are swirling and NFL.Network is reporting that the Packers are shopping Randall Cobb. Speculation is that the patriots are very interest bu they will have to dump salary in order to make a deal. The easiest way to make this trade fit is to cut Dwayne Allen. Pats have enough cap space to do this.

Now for the knowns and unknowns.

The Steelers have a plethora of wide receivers and several are very young and very talented. Rumors are that Eli Rogers may be available.

Again Dontrelle Inman's name has surfaced. He did work out for the Patriots back in June and still hasn't been signed. Desperate players are cheap players and cheap players will play hard.

Brenton Bersin. Another 6'3", Good Hands WR. Had a bad shoulder injury and missed all of 2017. Again, another guy with injury history but a huge upside.

Brandon LaFell. He almost a sure thing to be cut and might be available for a 7th round pick.

If teams do expect to cut good WRs, it's smart to trade them for something.......anything. Rather than cut them and let them go for nothing.

Problem for the Patriots is that they have to play the packers and the Steelers during the 2018 regular season. If they want to do something it could cost more that they'd really like to pay.

patspa

PATS SEEKING SEVEN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lafell was cut by Bengals in early august. Hell what about Maclin believe he is still out there.

patspa

PATS SEEKING SEVEN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lafell and Maclin's value has Lafallen.....

Was responding to BigKens post about the receivers out there or becoming available, Carr would be the only one to be considered like you said, knows the system, even Lafell for now , the others including Dez forget do not need more injury prone players for this team. Also like BigKen said there will be some other players getting cut or tried to sneaked onto a practice squad that might be decent for the pats.

Also the pats better not try to sneak Webb onto the PS i think some other team will snatch him.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are two names on the current roster that I have drawn interest in.

Devin Lucien: He's back for more then just one reason, he was brought back because the Pats saw something in him. He has been pretty decent in the Pre-Season I want to keep an eye on him tonight

Riley McCarron: He has shown to be pretty versatile he does not play with any level of fear, will play the middle of the field and with JE out four games I can see the Pats taking a long hard look at him tonight as well.

Just my $0.02

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dorsett looking decent so far in this first half:eek:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Devin Lucien: He's back for more then just one reason, he was brought back because the Pats saw something in him. He has been pretty decent in the Pre-Season I want to keep an eye on him tonight

Riley McCarron: He has shown to be pretty versatile he does not play with any level of fear, will play the middle of the field and with JE out four games I can see the Pats taking a long hard look at him tonight as well.

Just my $0.02

I agree on both counts.

Devin had made the team but got injured in the final game of preseason. Tough for a rookie to make the team with an injury.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we kept Dorsett and Hogan - 2 receivers
We probably kept Patterson as a special teamer / Receiver option so you could say 3 until Edelman comes back.
Webb or Lucien would have been likely sent to the practice squad when Edelman comes back.
We have the 53rd space available if a receiver starts floating by.....

Could Patriots Be Interested In Any Of These Recently Cut Receivers?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hansen will be cut quicker than butter if he doesn't6 show something in practice.....

"Hansen is quickly becoming one of the new posterboys for why OTA hype doesn’t matter. One of the reported standouts of the offseason program, Hansen has been largely invisible in training camp and the preseason. In a crowded receiver room, he needed to make a splash. Instead he let that opportunity literally slip through his fingers, dropping a perfect Teddy Bridgewater deep pass."

"Despite missing the majority of the preseason, Darboh has the biggest upside and should be viewed as the most likely to stick around if a sixth receiver is kept."

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just my $0.02

Riley McCarron was definitely "slow played" onto the Practice Squad. They kept him out of game 4 and nobody touched him in waivers. Slick but dirty.....

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Michael Floyd got released. I thought he was a pretty good fit given the short time he was here.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As always. I come with good intentions.

Darboh is amazing body wr but he is inconsistent. Barley creaked with Playing time

Ill see myself out

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As always. I come with good intentions.

Darboh is amazing body wr but he is inconsistent. Barley creaked with Playing time

Ill see myself out

No issues with your comment. Seattle did cut him. He has high upside and who knows. Could just be depth until we find someone or Edelman comes back. We picked up 2 WR's with upside. We gave nothing. If one of them get's hooked with Brady, Who knows?????

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Rumors: Patriots Sign Former Lions Wide Receiver To Practice Squad

Jace Billingsley, was coached by Matt Patricia, studied tapes of Edelman, could immediately fill the Edelman position on Edelman designed plays. Can he be used to not have to throw out all of Edelmans plays until week 5????? We won't know anything until he practices.....

Who? I had to look him up.

At first I thought I was looking at Danny Woodhead's brother. Was dressed for two games in his pro career. No stats that I found. This would need to a lightning in the bottle story for sure? Not sure he and TB have enough time to get on the same page prior to JE11's return? Maybe the future JE11? Golden Tate had plenty of good things to say about him for what that's worth? Still a head scratcher?

th
th