• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 New England Patriots Roster

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edelman, Harry, and Slater are locks.

Myers has a very strong chance based on having a good connection with Stidham in camp last year.

Sanu has a solid chance based on what they gave up to get him, but his cap dollars may be better utilized elsewhere if he doesn’t show out early.

Lee will have to beat out one of those two to make it.

Byrd has a good shot based on his speed and return ability. Thomas has all the tools but is an Olympic class meathead. He has to beat out Byrd like Myers had to beat out Mo Harris last year (the comparison there has to do with beating a vet with a similar skill set as a UDFA, not Myers being a meathead), but if he can keep his act together could be a JC Jackson as a WR type of steal that they won’t be able to sneak onto the PS. Very talented dude.

I don’t see any of the other guys making it barring injuries. Hastings I could see on the PS.

Edelman
Harry
Sanu or maybe Lee
Myers
Byrd or maybe Thomas
Slater

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t see any of the other guys making it barring injuries. Hastings I could see on the PS.

Great points.

I just don't think that Byrd is a good fit. He's really tiny. fast as hell but he has to jump above the grass to be seen. 5'9" 185 is dinky small. Since most heights that we see are usually in sneakers with lifts, he's probably closer to 5'7". When they really want to confirm someone's height they write that he's was measured in his bare feet or socks.

I really want to see this guy Quincy Adeboyejo. Fast, and big and likes to go across the middle. He's 6'3" and has a similar body style to Gordon and Harry. If he can get separation at the line, he'll probably make this team.

I will be going to practice and will try to bring back film on my iPad and post it. When and if they open it to the public.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty of guys Byrd’s size have success in the league. He’s shown a heck of a lot more ability to be a productive NFL receiver than Adeboyo has. This offense needs a guy with speed like Byrd or Thomas a lot more than another big body that struggles with separation.

I’d rather have a little guy that plays bigger than a big guy that plays smaller.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great points.

I just don't think that Byrd is a good fit. He's really tiny. fast as hell but he has to jump above the grass to be seen. 5'9" 185 is dinky small. Since most heights that we see are usually in sneakers with lifts, he's probably closer to 5'7". When they really want to confirm someone's height they write that he's was measured in his bare feet or socks.
Danny Woodhead and Dion Lewis say hi. I realize they are RBs and it's an advantage when running behind a line, but size in general can be overcome with superior talent.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(Not to imply Byrd is or ever would be that class of receiver, just highlighting some similarly-sized WR’s that have succeeded without being 6’3” and 220)

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(Not to imply Byrd is or ever would be that class of receiver, just highlighting some similarly-sized WR’s that have succeeded without being 6’3” and 220)
For the Pats, David Patten and Danny Amendola were just a little taller but about the same weight. Both had some very good moments and have have 3 and 2 rings respectively.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wes Welker would like to say hello...

All 5'9" @185 lbs of him.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wes Welker would like to say hello...

All 5'9" @185 lbs of him.

I don't disagree or have anything negative to say about those guys, but every one them burst on to the scene as pros and never let up. Byrd hasn't done that. Not saying he can't, but if a guy is going to do something, he usually does it immediately and most them can maintain that level. Byrd just hasn't broken through that ceiling or barrier. My gut tells me that he may "think" he can do it but when he's actually on the field, he may be just a bit over matched. Like everyone else, the opportunity is there. Can you take advantage of it?

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Byrd may not have burst on the scene, but Adeboyejo doesn’t even know where the scene is.

While Byrd was taking the #3 WR job from three guys Kingsbury drafted last year, Adeboyo was getting cut by the Jets.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Byrd was taking the #3 WR job from three guys Kingsbury drafted last year, Adeboyo was getting cut by the Jets.

You had me all the way up to "Jets". I have more trust and confidence in my ability to run 100 yards and make it to the john than I do of any decision by the Jets.

And I have intestinal nerve damage.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he was cut twice by the Ravens before that if it makes you feel any better.

I’ll be happy to be wrong about Attaboy but right now Byrd is miles ahead of him based on prior productivity and cost of acquisition. I put a lot more stock in those numbers than height and weight.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I've been saying pre draft, NE is in a good place WR wise.
A couple quality athletes will be cut like most years.
If Stidham can build a rapport with a couple of them this has the potential of one of the best WR groups NE has seen in a long time. Maybe all the way back to the Morgan, Stingley and Francis (TE) era

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll be happy to be wrong about Attaboy but right now Byrd is miles ahead of him based on prior productivity and cost of acquisition. I put a lot more stock in those numbers than height and weight.

So will I. I just want to see what he can do working with McDaniels, Belichick and new QB who'll be looking for the open guy. Amendola and Branch had a magic ability to get away from defenders and somehow find a wide open area. If Byrd or Attaboy can do the same, both of them might be regulars in our weekly discussions. As has been said a thousand times, BB can dig through someone else's trash and find gems amongst the broken glass.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So will I. I just want to see what he can do working with McDaniels, Belichick and new QB who'll be looking for the open guy. Amendola and Branch had a magic ability to get away from defenders and somehow find a wide open area. If Byrd or Attaboy can do the same, both of them might be regulars in our weekly discussions. As has been said a thousand times, BB can dig through someone else's trash and find gems amongst the broken glass.
Amendola had a gift where I swear he had defenders thinking they knew where he was going and the moment they leaned he broke the other way.

Hogan was another one who seemed to have flat feet that lulled defenders to cheat and look somewhere else, then he managed to drift open. I was never impressed watching anything Hogan did, then once you stopped watching he did things...

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amendola had a gift where I swear he had defenders thinking they knew where he was going and the moment they leaned he broke the other way.

Hogan was another one who seemed to have flat feet that lulled defenders to cheat and look somewhere else, then he managed to drift open. I was never impressed watching anything Hogan did, then once you stopped watching he did things...

And once Hogan got open, he could really pour the coals on.