• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ore vs Bama with a week to prep vs a month

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never got a chance to meet the Bear, but saw him on TV a few times, and I remember all too well shedding some tears when he died in '83. Have had a chance to attend only two Bama games in person, but I never tire of seeing them play, even in down years.

Had just finished a four-year enlistment and was starting college when Bama won their '92 national championship. Remember the hype for that game in regard to the "unstoppable" Miami Hurricanes?

I lived in Atlanta at the time and was a lone Alabama fan in a sea of Miami fans that night in a friends Basement mancave. They taunted me all day before the game and it was like a library when I left with a huge smile on my face. I made them all t-shirts and gave them to each person on their birthday. Sweet satisfaction that day was.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lived in Atlanta at the time and was a lone Alabama fan in a sea of Miami fans that night in a friends Basement mancave. They taunted me all day before the game and it was like a library when I left with a huge smile on my face. I made them all t-shirts and gave them to each person on their birthday. Sweet satisfaction that day was.
I was in Florence at the time, and I had to work at a local Pizza Hut that night. At a local gas station, a few drunk Bama fans were stumbling out, and one of them spotted a man with a Miami sweatshirt.

He frowned and said, "You a Miami fan?"

The other fellow nodded.

The drunk Bama fan said with heavy sadness, "Wow, it must suck to be you."

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to work the night of the Miami game. The guy I was working with was a Miami fan and I had to hear it for weeks before the game. We listened to the game on the radio.

It was fucking awesome.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to work the night of the Miami game. The guy I was working with was a Miami fan and I had to hear it for weeks before the game. We listened to the game on the radio.

It was fucking awesome.

I was in Grad School at Alabama at the time, a couple of classmates of mine were on the squad and we had end zone seats, we actually made the back of the SI issue pulling one of them into the stands after the game. Still my favorite Alabama bowl game.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in Grad School at Alabama at the time, a couple of classmates of mine were on the squad and we had end zone seats, we actually made the back of the SI issue pulling one of them into the stands after the game. Still my favorite Alabama bowl game.

I still have that issue in a sealed packet in a box of keepsakes. Nostalgic like that i guess.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still have that issue in a sealed packet in a box of keepsakes. Nostalgic like that i guess.

Me too. The one with Lassic on the cover and the Commemorative one they came out with that profiled the whole season. I don't know if SI did any of those before that one, but they have sure cashed in since, every NC for basketball and football and the Super Bowl champs gets one aimed at their fanbase.

KnightAndDay

Separate or shoot to kill
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,129.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:focus:

1 week: Oregon-41 Alabama-23

1 month: Oregon-30 Alabama-34

Last edited by a moderator:

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UO 30
BAMA 28

UO 24
BAMA 31

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama is a lot different than Tennessee. And if you don't understand this, you will be awaken rudely, just as I was last season.

I dislike Alabama, and I'm tired of the SEC hype. But that doesn't mean I'm going to blindly say a finesse, small, pretty Oregon team is going to beat a physical, well coached, fast Alabama team.

Sorry Oregon fans, as much as I'd like the SEC to go down, it won't be you to do it.

You haven't watched this Oregon team have you? They are 30 lbs heavier per man average on the O Line than in 2010. The D line is much bigger. The secondary is one of the best in the nation.

This isn't the "small" finesse Oregon team.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama's SoS average over the past 5 years is 15.5. How about Bozo State's?

Who is talking about my team? They aren't that good this year. I'm talking about Bama, dude, and who they decided to play. They beat the only 2 decent teams so far, A & M and VT, and then have been dining on cupcakes. Come on, be honest, what business does the perhaps finest program in the nation have lining up FCS teams to play? And two of them! (Well I guess if you want to get picky one of those FCS teams is now in the Sun Belt, which exists solely for the purpose of giving SEC schools little teams to beat up on) G-State????? CSU????? The Chattanooga Choo-Choo?

Look if the Tide wasn't very good and needed some easy wins to stroke their egos and save the coach's job, I'd get it. If they were playing a murderer's row schedule, I could see at least one easy game. But for crying out loud, they have an easy conference schedule this year, only one true road game against a top contender, they skip the tough teams in the SEC East, and get to be a playground bully against Arkie, Kentucky, Tennessee, Auburn, some Old Miss, and this team that is often Miss-stated to actually play football. As I said before, SEC bias pretends that those bottom SEC schools are better than they really are. And SOS is a phony stat. Why? Keep in mind that those SEC bottom feeders all pad their schedules, too. So instead of beating 0-12, 1-11, 2-10 teams, Alabama gets credit for beating 6-6, 5-7, 4-8, or 3-9 teams, since all of these schools hired three or four patty-cakes to come in a lose to them OOC.

And no, it's not just the SEC doing it. The Ducks had some bad teams too. But the SEC is the most egregious conference out there when it comes to stacking the deck to make SOS look better than it really is. One can count on one hand the interconference matchups in which a top SEC school is playing a top team from some other major conference, especially in a true road game. Most of the time, they play easy marks at home.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coudn't bring myself to read this thread after the OP....can't handle it...lol.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is talking about my team? They aren't that good this year. I'm talking about Bama, dude, and who they decided to play. They beat the only 2 decent teams so far, A & M and VT, and then have been dining on cupcakes. Come on, be honest, what business does the perhaps finest program in the nation have lining up FCS teams to play? And two of them! (Well I guess if you want to get picky one of those FCS teams is now in the Sun Belt, which exists solely for the purpose of giving SEC schools little teams to beat up on) G-State????? CSU????? The Chattanooga Choo-Choo?

Look if the Tide wasn't very good and needed some easy wins to stroke their egos and save the coach's job, I'd get it. If they were playing a murderer's row schedule, I could see at least one easy game. But for crying out loud, they have an easy conference schedule this year, only one true road game against a top contender, they skip the tough teams in the SEC East, and get to be a playground bully against Arkie, Kentucky, Tennessee, Auburn, some Old Miss, and this team that is often Miss-stated to actually play football. As I said before, SEC bias pretends that those bottom SEC schools are better than they really are. And SOS is a phony stat. Why? Keep in mind that those SEC bottom feeders all pad their schedules, too. So instead of beating 0-12, 1-11, 2-10 teams, Alabama gets credit for beating 6-6, 5-7, 4-8, or 3-9 teams, since all of these schools hired three or four patty-cakes to come in a lose to them OOC.

And no, it's not just the SEC doing it. The Ducks had some bad teams too. But the SEC is the most egregious conference out there when it comes to stacking the deck to make SOS look better than it really is. One can count on one hand the interconference matchups in which a top SEC school is playing a top team from some other major conference, especially in a true road game. Most of the time, they play easy marks at home.

Since you continuously repeat yourself like a broken record I've decided I won't even waste my time in trying to debate, I will just repost the last thing I posted...funny how it is still appropriate, maybe because the last shit you posted is exactly like the first shit you posted...

Ahhh...it only took 4 posts to get to the manifesto part...you're slipping. If you want fairness join a church softball league.

If Boise really wanted this to be about fairness and competition and may the best team win they would schedule 3 ranked teams on the road OOC every year...that would start to make up for their otherwise creampuff schedule. Just like Boise we can't control our conference schedule, we can only control our OOC schedule...in the interest of fairness we keep trying to bring our schedule down to Boise's level but there aren't enough OOC games to make up the difference...particularly when Boise is adding UT-Martin. If Boise would at least atempt to meet us halfway we might be ok. As it is this year we could trade UT-Martin with Boise for Virginia Tech and we would still be light years ahead in SOS. But you probably don't understand that, because you think adding Georgia State improves Alabama's SOS, lol.

ArrogantBAMAFan

Built by BAMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Oregon creates matchups that will give Bama problems like A&M did. I also believe oregons D is 100x better than that garbage A&M puts on the field. If the matchup happens I won't be shocked if Oregon pulls off the W.

Saban is no fan of the hurry up spread and no matter the time to prep, he will be nervous.

:laugh3: Wow, some one has surely bought into the hype.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ALABAMA 31 Oregon 28 1 week

ALABAMA 65 Oregon 17 1 month

High tech offense suffer more than pro-sets and defense with time off.
Offenses need rhythm and practice.
Defenses rely on talent and ferocity.

The time off has always favored the SEC teams that build with NFL level defensive players.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One week:
Oregon 48 - Alabama 27

One Month
Alabama 31 - Oregon 24

OnlyCrimson