• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ore vs Bama with a week to prep vs a month

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah heck, Alabama has scheduled in about 4 or 5 bye weeks with all the cupcakes they lined up. They really only have LSU and the SEC Championship to worry about.

But Saban is good getting a team prepared, maybe the best. Frankly, this year aligns quite well for the Tide, they played an actual game, sandwiched with a gimmie game for the entire season this year. So while some schools have 12 games, Bama always schedules way, way below what it could do.

The frustrating part for me is that none of us really know just how good this team is. They don't really travel outside of a few SEC games, they don't have the three top teams in the SEC East this year, and they play essentially two FCS teams and a very bad FBS teams in the games they really control.

I'd guess that Bama is better, but if they play I'll be cheering for the Ducks.

Can't help it if your so good 90% of your games are gimmes. Smiles, how many of the approx. 125 d1 teams would not be gimmes? Considering they will always play LSU, Texas A&M, Auburn, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Miss St and two from the east how many non cupcakes are left if you're Alabama? Don't tell me playing Virginia or Purdue or Michigan is not an cupcake to Bama right now cause they are! Oh wait, they should play the 4 teams that would not be cupcakes for Bama? Would beating Boise's ass give them credibility in your eyes? Of course you would be cheering for the Ducks. You discriminate for teams in your region just like the SEC gets accused of. The difference is there is no reason to pull for them with some of the bad blood between the teams yet you do. Funny how people point fingers at other groups of people for the very same thing they are guilty of! We call them hypocrites.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is absolutely the matchup I want to see for the Nat'l Championship. Hopefully there are no slip-ups along the way by either team. I don't want to see Clemson, Florida State, or Ohio State get into the NCG over either Alabama or Oregon even if one or two of those other teams are undefeated.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will take the time to respond to this since you actually posted some new material:

I have loudly criticized Boise taking a game with UT Martin, it makes a mockery of the sport. Boise could have named the score and the subs played the entire 4th quarter and much of the 3rd. But hey, keep in mind, Martin BEAT Chattanooga, the mule you guys hired. My point is more fundamental, if Boise has no business playing such games, Alabama should hang its head in SHAME that it does it. But fools like you defend the practice. I don't, not from anyone. Again, we are just trying to level the playing field the 60 or so spots that seperate your SOS from ours requires it since you keep trying to tell us you are our equal.

Besides, it's kind of hard to play teams that won't play you. Boise is willing to go on the road to play anyoneBULLSHIT, but in case you didn't notice, they need home games too, you know. SEC teams refuse to travel the only way we can even get a date is to agree to so-called neutral site games in Atlanta, DC, or Dallas, clear across the country for us, but a one or two hour drive for you. Your concept of geography is laughable if you think you can get to DC, Atlanta or Dallas in an hour, since both teams are flying there, staying in a hotel and arriving a week before the game it could be in PragueYeah, that old good for the goose, good for the gander stuff that you hate to hear. After all, you don't consider football to be a sport, more of a religion, yes? And since you good people have those trophies, and all that money, the rest of us are supposed to come begging? Right. Alabama doesn't really give a fuck what Boise does, even you are just a small irritating pimple that must be popped from time to time

So let me get this straight, since your school wants 7 or 8 home games, everyone else should make even less and only get 4 or 5 home games? Got it.Again, Don't really give a fuck what Boise does, schedule The Idaho School for the Blind, don't care, just don't expect me to care when your SOS is 128 and you're off to the Fight Hunger Bowl...again. It is not Alabama's job to schedule games for you, we don't have a need to improve our SOS, you on the other hand...

Those FCS, Sun Belt, and other low end teams are the only ones stupid enough to fall for that one. They'll take those games knowing that their chance of winning is tiny, all for a paycheck that is far less than what it takes to really move forward. Sorry, Boise chooses to play anyone willing to treat them as equals, not act like their sheeet don't stink. Again, just because you think you are our equal doesn't mean you are or that we have to treat you as such. We have absolutely NOTHING to gain by playing Boise, so why would we. We don't really care what Boise does, again enjoy your Kraft Bowl. If by chance Boise does have another good year like '09, I'm sure that we will be happy to accommodate you should we be placed in the same bowl, but beyond that I don't see any reason for it to happen.

Funny thing, if you act like a loser, you end up a loser. If you act like a winner, well, the results speak for themselves. Boise aspires to be like Alabama, not some troll begging for scraps. In case you haven't noticed, it seems to be working. Every time I post, you, dear friend, blow a gasket, which is absolutely wonderful.:yahoo:Lol, your last 4 post I have simply cut and paste my response, and you think you have me blowing a gasket...how cute. In retrospect I should have done that here too, since you'll just be trolling your manifesto on some other board in a minute.

oregonbro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Alabama is a lot different than Tennessee. And if you don't understand this, you will be awaken rudely, just as I was last season.

I dislike Alabama, and I'm tired of the SEC hype. But that doesn't mean I'm going to blindly say a finesse, small, pretty Oregon team is going to beat a physical, well coached, fast Alabama team.

Sorry Oregon fans, as much as I'd like the SEC to go down, it won't be you to do it.

Yeah, those Oregon ducks don't even touch people on the football field. What a bunch of tiny wimps!
:rollseyes::rollseyes::rollseyes::rollseyes::rollseyes:

oregonbro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
ALABAMA 31 Oregon 28 1 week

ALABAMA 65 Oregon 17 1 month

High tech offense suffer more than pro-sets and defense with time off.
Offenses need rhythm and practice.
Defenses rely on talent and ferocity.

The time off has always favored the SEC teams that build with NFL level defensive players.

WTF? There is no way any team is putting up 65 against Oregon. :lol:

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt about that, but my point was you never know. Bama has had a tough time with A&M's offense the last two years and I don't think the Aggies have the fire power that Oregon has or the defense.

Nor does Oregon have a slippery fish QB like TAMU. The guy gets out of obvious sack situations that would down most good QBs all the time. So defenders are given a choice to cover his receivers and watch him run for a dozen yard, or bring the heat on Manziel while he finds receivers most QBs couldn't hit.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nor does Oregon have a slippery fish QB like TAMU. The guy gets out of obvious sack situations that would down most good QBs all the time. So defenders are given a choice to cover his receivers and watch him run for a dozen yard, or bring the heat on Manziel while he finds receivers most QBs couldn't hit.

No one rubs their fingers together like JF

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JFF does a lot of chucking the football up and letting his receivers save his ass.

Oh, and Oregon has this guy named Marcus Marriota who's pretty damn hard to sack.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JFF does a lot of chucking the football up and letting his receivers save his ass.

Oh, and Oregon has this guy named Marcus Marriota who's pretty damn hard to sack.

Not as hard to sack as Manziel, and Oregon doesn't have the receivers that A&M has. Also, if we're fortunate enough, we wouldn't have the injuries and the youngins playing like we did against A&M.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell I think John Fulton's gay ass gave up 2 or 3 TD's by his damn self. Guy should've been nowhere near the field, but we didn't have a choice but to play him at the time...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not as hard to sack as Manziel, and Oregon doesn't have the receivers that A&M has. Also, if we're fortunate enough, we wouldn't have the injuries and the youngins playing like we did against A&M.

Are you really this stupid?

Look at my post two pages back first. That should clear up some of the stupidity

Oregon doesn't have the recievers? Addison, Huff and Lowe? Alright.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry but I'm calling bs on all of this. Oregon has some damn good receivers if you don't think Mariota is pretty much as hard to sack as Manziel then you haven't watched him much. For one thing he's faster than Manziel.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but I'm calling bs on all of this. Oregon has some damn good receivers if you don't think Mariota is pretty much as hard to sack as Manziel then you haven't watched him much. For one thing he's faster than Manziel.

It's the Gypsy Magic that makes the difference for JFF. IMHO, Evans is the best of both groups, but Oregon owns spots 2-4.

I would be equally concerned with either showing up on my Saturday schedule.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Not as hard to sack as Manziel"...And you would know this how?

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't believe he's faster than Manziel and I don't believe he has better receivers than Manziel. Sticking by what I say....A&M has the better QB, WR, OL and to be totally honest, they probably have the better running back too. DAT is fast and shifty, but Malena is probably more equipped to run between the tackles, and I'm sure Malena could get 8 yards a carry running those sweeps and shit like DAT does also. DAT really reminds me of Corey Grant at Auburn, guy is averaging 10 yards a carry right now, no doubt they are two very good backs, but gotta give a lot of credit to the style of offense, don't really have to work for the yardage.

Oregon has the better defense by a mile though, so there is that.