• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ore vs Bama with a week to prep vs a month

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 week

Bama - 48
Oregon - 28

1 month

Bama - 31
Oregon - 14

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you are really underrating Oregon's defense and overrating Bama's offense

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You haven't watched this Oregon team have you? They are 30 lbs heavier per man average on the O Line than in 2010. The D line is much bigger. The secondary is one of the best in the nation.

This isn't the "small" finesse Oregon team.

To be fair, I think Oregon is a very good team.

I just think Alabama has the slight edge, mainly because they have something you don't, and that's Nick Saban.

My score prediction would be more along the lines of 20-17 Alabama. Neither team would score 40

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon in blow out fashion over Bama. Don't care how much time we give them. Just way too many weapons this season, plus it looks like they have a D. that might be able to finally stop someone.

In all honesty I don't think this game is going to take place this season. I'm thinking we see FSU/Clemson vs Oregon. In this case I'm still taking Oregon. The Ducks will get to join the Big Boy Natty club in 2014.

Bama is going to take a loss somewhere down the line. I'm calling for LSU to pull the upset.

I would put money that we see a one loss Bama vs. TOSU in the Rose Bowl.

Bucks by 3 over Bama.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Boise really wanted this to be about fairness and competition and may the best team win they would schedule 3 ranked teams on the road OOC every year...that would start to make up for their otherwise creampuff schedule. Just like Boise we can't control our conference schedule, we can only control our OOC schedule...in the interest of fairness we keep trying to bring our schedule down to Boise's level but there aren't enough OOC games to make up the difference...particularly when Boise is adding UT-Martin. If Boise would at least atempt to meet us halfway we might be ok. As it is this year we could trade UT-Martin with Boise for Virginia Tech and we would still be light years ahead in SOS. But you probably don't understand that, because you think adding Georgia State improves Alabama's SOS, lol.

I have loudly criticized Boise taking a game with UT Martin, it makes a mockery of the sport. Boise could have named the score and the subs played the entire 4th quarter and much of the 3rd. But hey, keep in mind, Martin BEAT Chattanooga, the mule you guys hired. My point is more fundamental, if Boise has no business playing such games, Alabama should hang its head in SHAME that it does it. But fools like you defend the practice. I don't, not from anyone.

Besides, it's kind of hard to play teams that won't play you. Boise is willing to go on the road to play anyone, but in case you didn't notice, they need home games too, you know. SEC teams refuse to travel the only way we can even get a date is to agree to so-called neutral site games in Atlanta, DC, or Dallas, clear across the country for us, but a one or two hour drive for you. Yeah, that old good for the goose, good for the gander stuff that you hate to hear. After all, you don't consider football to be a sport, more of a religion, yes? And since you good people have those trophies, and all that money, the rest of us are supposed to come begging? Right.

So let me get this straight, since your school wants 7 or 8 home games, everyone else should make even less and only get 4 or 5 home games? Got it.

Those FCS, Sun Belt, and other low end teams are the only ones stupid enough to fall for that one. They'll take those games knowing that their chance of winning is tiny, all for a paycheck that is far less than what it takes to really move forward. Sorry, Boise chooses to play anyone willing to treat them as equals, not act like their sheeet don't stink.

Funny thing, if you act like a loser, you end up a loser. If you act like a winner, well, the results speak for themselves. Boise aspires to be like Alabama, not some troll begging for scraps. In case you haven't noticed, it seems to be working. Every time I post, you, dear friend, blow a gasket, which is absolutely wonderful.:yahoo:

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon in blow out fashion over Bama. Don't care how much time we give them. Just way too many weapons this season, plus it looks like they have a D. that might be able to finally stop someone.

In all honesty I don't think this game is going to take place this season. I'm thinking we see FSU/Clemson vs Oregon. In this case I'm still taking Oregon. The Ducks will get to join the Big Boy Natty club in 2014.

Bama is going to take a loss somewhere down the line. I'm calling for LSU to pull the upset.

I would put money that we see a one loss Bama vs. TOSU in the Rose Bowl.

Bucks by 3 over Bama.

Bama by 14+ imo.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a few total rankings numbers to think about.

Total Offense
Oregon-2
Bama-44

Passing Offense
Oregon-21
Bama-45

Rushing offense
Oregon-3
Bama-50

Total Defense
Oregon-18
Bama-8

Passing defense
Oregon-27
Bama-21

Rushing Defense
Oregon-34
Bama-7

The gap between Oregon Defense/Bama Defense is significantly smaller than the gap between Oregon Offense and Bama offense.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ALABAMA 31 Oregon 28 1 week

ALABAMA 65 Oregon 17 1 month

High tech offense suffer more than pro-sets and defense with time off.
Offenses need rhythm and practice.
Defenses rely on talent and ferocity.

The time off has always favored the SEC teams that build with NFL level defensive players.

It didn't seem to favor Bama in the 2009 Sugar Bowl against Utah. 31-17.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is team is definitely Oregons best chance. Mariota, big time weapons and their best D especially secondary over these years of BCS bowl games. Until Bama is actually dethroned bama fans can b as confident as they want. I just hope we finally get to see this match up.

The really stupid(no offense) thing I saw brought up that some also for some reason agreed with, was the Mariota isn't manziel notion at running. LOL. Marcus is bigger, faster and harder to bring down. Did you see the "S" shape run he had vs Washington? Manziel has like 15 more yards rushing and 3 less Tds on something like 30 more attempts hahaha.

If you think Mariota can't beat bama with his feet, you are verging on psychotic.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bama's started heading in the right direction since that game. :thumb:

No doubt about that, but my point was you never know. Bama has had a tough time with A&M's offense the last two years and I don't think the Aggies have the fire power that Oregon has or the defense.

Chicago-Bama

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to work the night of the Miami game. The guy I was working with was a Miami fan and I had to hear it for weeks before the game. We listened to the game on the radio.

It was fucking awesome.

I was in Okiniwa Japan the game started at 3:00 am. I have a football signed by the team and all the coaches and Stallings son John Mark.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt about that, but my point was you never know. Bama has had a tough time with A&M's offense the last two years and I don't think the Aggies have the fire power that Oregon has or the defense.

I agree that you never know. We've also seen Oregon not look so hot against decent D's in that same time frame. I can't wait for the game to be played, assuming it ever happens. Should be a damn good one.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that you never know. We've also seen Oregon not look so hot against decent D's in that same time frame. I can't wait for the game to be played, assuming it ever happens. Should be a damn good one.

I just hope it's not Baylor and Oregon. Considering the uniforms, they would have to broadcast the game in black and white.