• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ore vs Bama with a week to prep vs a month

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Saban > Oregon

Nick Saban v Urban Meyer is what I'd rather see.

No way I want see saban vs meyer again. Oregon vs Bama is the matchup we have all been waiting for for 4 years

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way I want see saban vs meyer again. Oregon vs Bama is the matchup we have all been waiting for for 4 years
Concur. Its time they met on the gridiron, preferably both at full strength. Of course there's a lot of football to play in between now and such a scenario.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I haven't.

I've already seen the high flying ducks get shut down by an SEC school.

I'll gamble on the coaching ability of Urban Meyer over the pretty looking Oregon Ducks.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't.

I've already seen the high flying ducks get shut down by an SEC school.

I'll gamble on the coaching ability of Urban Meyer over the pretty looking Oregon Ducks.

Mariota is undefeated vs the SEC -- when did you see a Mariota led Oregon team get shutdown by a SEC school?

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah heck, Alabama has scheduled in about 4 or 5 bye weeks with all the cupcakes they lined up. They really only have LSU and the SEC Championship to worry about.

But Saban is good getting a team prepared, maybe the best. Frankly, this year aligns quite well for the Tide, they played an actual game, sandwiched with a gimmie game for the entire season this year. So while some schools have 12 games, Bama always schedules way, way below what it could do.

The frustrating part for me is that none of us really know just how good this team is. They don't really travel outside of a few SEC games, they don't have the three top teams in the SEC East this year, and they play essentially two FCS teams and a very bad FBS teams in the games they really control.

I'd guess that Bama is better, but if they play I'll be cheering for the Ducks.

Funny how it fits yet again...

Since you continuously repeat yourself like a broken record I've decided I won't even waste my time in trying to debate, I will just repost the last thing I posted...funny how it is still appropriate, maybe because the last shit you posted is exactly like the first shit you posted...

Ahhh...it only took 4 posts to get to the manifesto part...you're slipping. If you want fairness join a church softball league.

If Boise really wanted this to be about fairness and competition and may the best team win they would schedule 3 ranked teams on the road OOC every year...that would start to make up for their otherwise creampuff schedule. Just like Boise we can't control our conference schedule, we can only control our OOC schedule...in the interest of fairness we keep trying to bring our schedule down to Boise's level but there aren't enough OOC games to make up the difference...particularly when Boise is adding UT-Martin. If Boise would at least atempt to meet us halfway we might be ok. As it is this year we could trade UT-Martin with Boise for Virginia Tech and we would still be light years ahead in SOS. But you probably don't understand that, because you think adding Georgia State improves Alabama's SOS, lol.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how it fits yet again...

Since you continuously repeat yourself like a broken record I've decided I won't even waste my time in trying to debate, I will just repost the last thing I posted...funny how it is still appropriate, maybe because the last shit you posted is exactly like the first shit you posted...

Ahhh...it only took 4 posts to get to the manifesto part...you're slipping. If you want fairness join a church softball league.

If Boise really wanted this to be about fairness and competition and may the best team win they would schedule 3 ranked teams on the road OOC every year...that would start to make up for their otherwise creampuff schedule. Just like Boise we can't control our conference schedule, we can only control our OOC schedule...in the interest of fairness we keep trying to bring our schedule down to Boise's level but there aren't enough OOC games to make up the difference...particularly when Boise is adding UT-Martin. If Boise would at least atempt to meet us halfway we might be ok. As it is this year we could trade UT-Martin with Boise for Virginia Tech and we would still be light years ahead in SOS. But you probably don't understand that, because you think adding Georgia State improves Alabama's SOS, lol.

Which is why i posted same old post different thread.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariota is undefeated vs the SEC -- when did you see a Mariota led Oregon team get shutdown by a SEC school?

Alabama is a lot different than Tennessee. And if you don't understand this, you will be awaken rudely, just as I was last season.

I dislike Alabama, and I'm tired of the SEC hype. But that doesn't mean I'm going to blindly say a finesse, small, pretty Oregon team is going to beat a physical, well coached, fast Alabama team.

Sorry Oregon fans, as much as I'd like the SEC to go down, it won't be you to do it.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, it's not about prep time as framed in this thread. It's about experience and the number of games the newer players will have. Alabama doesn't need prep time, it needs game experience for the O-Line and some of the other newer players. The O-Line this year was the least experience line for Alabama since 2007 and even more inexperienced than 2010. By the end of the year, they will have alot more experience and will be a much better line. That is way more important than prep time.

And I personally don't believe Oregon will give Alabama the same fits on offense as A&M did. It wasn't Manziels "speed" that made those plays, it was how elusive he was and how long he was able to extend the plays, combined with a big tall receiver who was able to come down with the ball.

With Mariota I just see a read option QB with speed and a pretty good arm. The comparisons to JFF I just do not get at all. Just because they are 2 good QB's doesn't mean they are alike.

The best part I think I've seen from him so far this year is his lack of turnovers. 0 INT's so far this year, and only 6 on 32 TD's last year says he makes good decisions. Still, I don't see them scoring more than 30 points.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually liked our o-line the other night with Lindsay stiil at center and Hill at right tackle.

The Tide is getter better every week.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I personally don't believe Oregon will give Alabama the same fits on offense as A&M did. It wasn't Manziels "speed" that made those plays, it was how elusive he was and how long he was able to extend the plays, combined with a big tall receiver who was able to come down with the ball.

With Mariota I just see a read option QB with speed and a pretty good arm. The comparisons to JFF I just do not get at all. Just because they are 2 good QB's doesn't mean they are alike.
Agree. Manziel has an ability to slip out of situations that would down most good quarterbacks. You have a choice: Cover his receivers, and he gets loose for a dozen yards - or bring the heat, and he finds one of those sticky-handed receivers.

And we are seeing improvement in the offensive line.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 week- Oregon 38 Bama 22

1 Month- Oregon 24 Bama 20

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, it's not about prep time as framed in this thread. It's about experience and the number of games the newer players will have. Alabama doesn't need prep time, it needs game experience for the O-Line and some of the other newer players. The O-Line this year was the least experience line for Alabama since 2007 and even more inexperienced than 2010. By the end of the year, they will have alot more experience and will be a much better line. That is way more important than prep time.

The best part I think I've seen from him so far this year is his lack of turnovers. 0 INT's so far this year, and only 6 on 32 TD's last year says he makes good decisions. Still, I don't see them scoring more than 30 points.

I Agree with everything just said. :10: :clap: