• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWIPensFan

Pittsburgh Broad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bi-yearly? Boo. As good as this feels I want them to make it a powder to sprinkle on my corn flakes to eat every day.

Doc told me to expect about 6 months improvement. Just wanted to see if he was on the level.

Any drawbacks to multiple shots at once? Like, my other knee isn't all that great.

Eavesdropping. Hope you don't mind. Have bum knees due to soccer, etc.

I get Euflexxa shots twice a year due to the same problem(s) you seem to have in both knees. I am 37, and obviously NOT going to get replacements yet. Euflexxa works wonders. If the Cortisone doesn't seem to do the trick, ask doctor about Euflexxa. Good Luck.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bi-yearly? Boo. As good as this feels I want them to make it a powder to sprinkle on my corn flakes to eat every day.

Doc told me to expect about 6 months improvement. Just wanted to see if he was on the level.

Any drawbacks to multiple shots at once? Like, my other knee isn't all that great.

No. The only thing they want to be careful with is blood sugar. It causes a spike in it, so diabetics need to be careful. I've seen MDs give it in both knees before.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eavesdropping. Hope you don't mind. Have bum knees due to soccer, etc.

I get Euflexxa shots twice a year due to the same problem(s) you seem to have in both knees. I am 37, and obviously NOT going to get replacements yet. Euflexxa works wonders. If the Cortisone doesn't seem to do the trick, ask doctor about Euflexxa. Good Luck.

Hmm, haven't heard too much on that one. That's not the rooster comb thing, is it?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. The only thing they want to be careful with is blood sugar. It causes a spike in it, so diabetics need to be careful. I've seen MDs give it in both knees before.

Hrm. No one mentioned that to me. Will keep an eye on it. I am just about in the 2% club, don't want to mess that up.

Hmm, haven't heard too much on that one. That's not the rooster comb thing, is it?

Rooster Comb? That sounds... scary

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any truth to the rumo(u)r that if you take too much Euflexxa you end up speaking like Foghorn Leghorn?

Harry Crack

Best 8 sec's of her life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any truth to the rumo(u)r that if you take too much Euflexxa you end up speaking like Foghorn Leghorn?

Well , i say Boy , i say i say i think i say...

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta think there's more to the story (or maybe there isn't, just kinda strange):

An amateur hockey player in Chicago has been banned from Johnny's Ice House, the Chicago Blackhawks training facility, after an armed robbery.

Tim O'Shea didn't commit the crime, nor was he the victim of the incident in which three other amateur hockey players were robbed at gunpoint by three men in the facility's parking garage, with one of the hockey players pistol-whipped before the trio of gunmen made off with their wallets and keys.

What O'Shea did do was reach out to the facility to express concern once he'd heard what happened, to ask how Johnny's Ice House might try to improve safety in and around the building. The response was a standard one, for the most part, with GM Kevin Rosenquist telling him the robbery was being taken very seriously. But it ended with this little jab:

"If you or your friends are questioning your association with the league due to safety concerns, then I would suggest perhaps the city is not for you and you should look into playing in the suburbs."

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/n...ving-safety-concerns-dismissed-164853988.html

Harry Crack

Best 8 sec's of her life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta think there's more to the story (or maybe there isn't, just kinda strange):

An amateur hockey player in Chicago has been banned from Johnny's Ice House, the Chicago Blackhawks training facility, after an armed robbery.

Tim O'Shea didn't commit the crime, nor was he the victim of the incident in which three other amateur hockey players were robbed at gunpoint by three men in the facility's parking garage, with one of the hockey players pistol-whipped before the trio of gunmen made off with their wallets and keys.

What O'Shea did do was reach out to the facility to express concern once he'd heard what happened, to ask how Johnny's Ice House might try to improve safety in and around the building. The response was a standard one, for the most part, with GM Kevin Rosenquist telling him the robbery was being taken very seriously. But it ended with this little jab:

"If you or your friends are questioning your association with the league due to safety concerns, then I would suggest perhaps the city is not for you and you should look into playing in the suburbs."

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/n...ving-safety-concerns-dismissed-164853988.html

Wow !!!! O'Shea must have been top of the class in the school of just doesn't fricken get it !

Harry Crack

Best 8 sec's of her life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or play....wait he quit doing that about a few years ago.

Actually , he scores lots in regular season games , it's during Olympics and Playoffs that he seems to forget he's Sid Freakin Crosby lately.:gaah:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, you guys aren't Crosby detractors, are you? Welcome to not like the guy, or argue that others in the league bring more to the table...but yeah, he's good.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Somehow...SOMEHOW...this becomes "Sid was hiding his injury! He waited to tell them until after Shero/Bylsma were fired!" Ummm...I'm pretty sure the organization and his ATs/MDs are and were fully aware of the injury. The guy can't win. If he had said right after the playoffs ended he's a bad leader and a pussy for making an excuse...but no, he "hid" it! He's a coach killer!
actually accredited media people saying that?
not just regular every-day idiots with interweb access?

BMX racer, skateboarder, goalie and catcher? I'm surprised our knees work at all.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually accredited media people saying that?
not just regular every-day idiots with interweb access?

BMX racer, skateboarder, goalie and catcher? I'm surprised our knees work at all.

MULTIPLE media members. I like to think Pittsburgh is generally a good sports town. There are crazies, but there's a good amount of smart fans too. As such, I like to think this town deserves better media representation.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hrm. No one mentioned that to me. Will keep an eye on it. I am just about in the 2% club, don't want to mess that up.

Rooster Comb? That sounds... scary

Hahah, it's an injection they take from a roosters comb. It's relatively new medicine, but supposed to be better than cortisone. I think it's pretty pricey and the circumstances you can use it are a bit more limited. Euflexxa (according to my research *adjusts glasses*) is a similar product in that it's a hyaluronan injection, but it's synthetic (I think) and not from a rooster comb. So people with chicken/egg allergies can use it.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, you guys aren't Crosby detractors, are you? Welcome to not like the guy, or argue that others in the league bring more to the table...but yeah, he's good.

I think you'll find that everybody accepts he's an exceptional talent, but harbour serious reservations regarding some of his, uh, particulars.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Define "work".

MULTIPLE media members. I like to think Pittsburgh is generally a good sports town. There are crazies, but there's a good amount of smart fans too. As such, I like to think this town deserves better media representation.

You could hire some of the guys from Philly.

Or Twatwaffle. You can have him Jack Johnson comes to Pitt.

Status
Not open for further replies.