• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NHL Draft Thread

Loco2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Capitals got the little brother of a current capital, Petr Sikora (no relation to THAT Peter Skyora), and Miroslav Satan (definitely related to THAT Miro Satan). It was a family/nepo draft for the Caps.

The prospect of being able to get a Caps' jersey with Satan Jr. on the back provides some future intrigue. ;)

Overall, seemed like a good draft for everyone's favorite Metro division team. Also, have to give props to RMNB for this tongue and cheek draft graphic...

capitals-draft-miroslav-satan.jpg

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if the NY Times actually knows anything about hockey...... but they think the Habs did fantastically in the draft

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if the NY Times actually knows anything about hockey...... but they think the Habs did fantastically in the draft

Yeah, it was quite the surprise to see Demidov still available at pick #5, but also a lot of people like the Michael Hage selection at #21.

/Maybe Celine Dion should make more draft picks for the Habs :noidea:

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don’t call it the “failing New York Times“ for nothing you know

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sharks and Ducks made huge strides this draft.

Celebrini is obvious but Dickinson is a really nice add as well. I think he's basically a sure-fire 2nd pairing guy who plays a two-way game and maybe figures it out to become a top pairing guy. Bouwmeester-esque.

For the Ducks they added a player with huge upside in Sennecke. Guy looks like a Mark Scheifele to me. I'm a fan of Solberg though, from what I've seen. A fantastic defensive player in the making. I think he becomes an Esa Lindell + player. I'm surprised he lasted until 23. Leafs should have picked him. LOL.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember anyone congratulating them, at least in the first round. The US broadcast they did make mention of this a few times that no one did.

Already enough tears from Oilers fans, they don't need any additional reminders lol