• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flames gave Msaon Raymond a modified NTC in his contract :L

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a video of the photoshoot somewhere.

It is terrible. I watched the whole thing so you don't have to.

They really did a bad job of positioning her body. Not exactly flattering for a woman who is in better shape than anybody here and deserves to have her real body tone shown.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really did a bad job of positioning her body. Not exactly flattering for a woman who is in better shape than anybody here and deserves to have her real body tone shown.

Oh I don't know about that - I mean round is a shape, right?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9ubwuGu.png

Mom! Mom! I had a Quickie with Jonathan Quick!

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sid needs surgery and the media somehow makes it into he's a bad leader? How is that even possible?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sid needs surgery and the media somehow makes it into he's a bad leader? How is that even possible?

He needs to thank his lucky stars he's not playing in Philly!

HEY-OOOO

Sometimes I feel bad for the boy. He hurt it. Physical therapy didn't help. They need to make a minor tweak. That's it. Quick! To the clackity clacker!TYPETYPETYPETYPE

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs to thank his lucky stars he's not playing in Philly!

HEY-OOOO

Sometimes I feel bad for the boy. He hurt it. Physical therapy didn't help. They need to make a minor tweak. That's it. Quick! To the clackity clacker!TYPETYPETYPETYPE

I had to explain this. I consider myself an expert, although not insider of course...but it's really simple.

Injury occurs: evaluate and diagnose, start with conservative treatment (PT, ultrasound, graston, etc), and if that fails move toward surgery.

Somehow...SOMEHOW...this becomes "Sid was hiding his injury! He waited to tell them until after Shero/Bylsma were fired!" Ummm...I'm pretty sure the organization and his ATs/MDs are and were fully aware of the injury. The guy can't win. If he had said right after the playoffs ended he's a bad leader and a pussy for making an excuse...but no, he "hid" it! He's a coach killer!

Insanity, that's what it is.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to explain this. I consider myself an expert, although not insider of course...but it's really simple.

Injury occurs: evaluate and diagnose, start with conservative treatment (PT, ultrasound, graston, etc), and if that fails move toward surgery.

By the way, how long can I expect a cortisone shot to feel oh so wonderful? Got one on Monday in my left knee and have woken up without pain for the first time since like 1987. I feel like I want to go out and ride my bike or skate all day.

Just curious how long I can expect it to last. It is honestly weird being able to walk up the five flights of stairs to my office.

The issue is the cartilege on the back my kneecap is pretty much gone and major arthritis is going on. Trying to build strength, but I am probably looking at surgery / cap replacement before long.

I expect to be called a coach killer too.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, how long can I expect a cortisone shot to feel oh so wonderful? Got one on Monday in my left knee and have woken up without pain for the first time since like 1987. I feel like I want to go out and ride my bike or skate all day.

Just curious how long I can expect it to last. It is honestly weird being able to walk up the five flights of stairs to my office.

The issue is the cartilege on the back my kneecap is pretty much gone and major arthritis is going on. Trying to build strength, but I am probably looking at surgery / cap replacement before long.

I expect to be called a coach killer too.

Ahhh, chondromalacia? Good times, good times. It's impossible to tell with cortisone. For *some* people it's a miracle that keeps the pain away almost completely. For others, it's a year long thing, and for some other poor bastards it's a week. The second best best case scenario: it works for 6-12 months, and you can get them after it wears off. You can get more than one, but there needs to be time between injections. The MD I worked with seemed to prefer to keep it bi-yearly. In your situation (I'm guessing on your age here) it's probably best to do these injections for a few years and try to delay the replacement. Just a patella replacement isn't awful, but still stinks. The benefit of waiting is that the technology gets better and better with each passing year. If people can get to mid 50's before a replacement, they'll be happy. They only last approximately 30 years, so gotta play the numbers game.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhh, chondromalacia? Good times, good times. It's impossible to tell with cortisone. For *some* people it's a miracle that keeps the pain away almost completely. For others, it's a year long thing, and for some other poor bastards it's a week. The second best best case scenario: it works for 6-12 months, and you can get them after it wears off. You can get more than one, but there needs to be time between injections. The MD I worked with seemed to prefer to keep it bi-yearly. In your situation (I'm guessing on your age here) it's probably best to do these injections for a few years and try to delay the replacement. Just a patella replacement isn't awful, but still stinks. The benefit of waiting is that the technology gets better and better with each passing year. If people can get to mid 50's before a replacement, they'll be happy. They only last approximately 30 years, so gotta play the numbers game.

Bi-yearly? Boo. As good as this feels I want them to make it a powder to sprinkle on my corn flakes to eat every day.

Doc told me to expect about 6 months improvement. Just wanted to see if he was on the level.

Any drawbacks to multiple shots at once? Like, my other knee isn't all that great.

Status
Not open for further replies.