• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

One may say Indy ain't a FA destination...

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Keep the cap as is. Would be too big an advantage for big market teams with no cap.

If Toronto could pay Kawhi as much as they wanted and had his bird rights, it would give them a better advantage. If they were paying $75 million or so (which is probably what the best of the best are truly worth), another team would have to gut their entire roster to fit that salary under the cap.

It would do a better job of preventing multiple superstars from teaming up.

The cap and tax would work better if no max contracts, IMO.

I agree, but I also think you'd have to up the veteran minimum contracts too. That way it would also put some additional pressure on organizations to see how much they really want to pay the superstar player. The ability to field competitive teams around these players would then be much more difficult as well, so you'd have to be wary about paying a guy like Lebron or Kawhi 60M a year.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And no, we did not land Kawhi Leonard and Anthony Davis. That said, we'll gladly take out haul yesterday and not have regrets about it. And wish Utah the best of fun eating that Bojan contract with him now on the wrong side of 30. :clap:

Assuming Oladipo is going to be out for another half season, I don't now if we're a playoff team in the increasingly competitive east, but we did what we needed to do - Add true scoring options in his absence.

Giannis to Pacers in 2021 baby!!! He's on word for saying that playing in a small market without added distraction has made him everything he is today. And if Middleton and Bledsoe don't age as well as we'd hope (myself included), he may look to sign with the best team that has cap space. And if Lamb and Warren do in fact exercise their 2021-22 PO's....

Yes, my slogan is quite outdated at this point, but only because this board hates it so much - Might as well, right? :scratch:

BUILT

NOT

BOUGHT!!!
:yahoo::yahoo:
Until you get Giannis. Then it's bought like everyone else.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but I also think you'd have to up the veteran minimum contracts too. That way it would also put some additional pressure on organizations to see how much they really want to pay the superstar player. The ability to field competitive teams around these players would then be much more difficult as well, so you'd have to be wary about paying a guy like Lebron or Kawhi 60M a year.

That would be difficult.

I kind of like the min contracts though.

Reality is, these players are worth huge salaries because of the revenue they generate for the league.

But, superstars drive that revenue. Quality role players are needed to win, but they aren’t who people tune in to see.

So I would have no problem at all with a legit superstar getting 70% of a team’s total cap while the majority of the league makes minimum contracts. A good role player like Danny Green would get 6 -8 million or so.

That way, market value makes you choose between an actual superstar, or possibly 2 second tier guys.

But good luck if you sign the John a wall or CP3 to too big a deal. That would be team crippling on another level.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Keep the cap as is. Would be too big an advantage for big market teams with no cap.

If Toronto could pay Kawhi as much as they wanted and had his bird rights, it would give them a better advantage. If they were paying $75 million or so (which is probably what the best of the best are truly worth), another team would have to gut their entire roster to fit that salary under the cap.

It would do a better job of preventing multiple superstars from teaming up.

The cap and tax would work better if no max contracts, IMO.

That would also have put Toronto more than $75M over the cap, so the model still doesn't work.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would also have put Toronto more than $75M over the cap, so the model still doesn't work.

Teams could still go over with Bird Rights, but they would have to a massive tax obviously.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What free agent did the Pacers get? I see a TRADE for Brogdon, not much else? Or are you moving the goal posts?

Also, did I just see a humble brag about being preferred over Sacramento? Seriously?

The only had the best record in the NBA that following season, and would have won it all if Peja Stojakovic didn't hurt his ankle in the playoffs. His ineffectiveness had put more pressure on Webber and Bibby...
Congrats on the Pacers going from 1st round exit to 2nd round exit. You must be so proud.

Apparently reading comp isn't your strongest suit.