• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next off-season Draft/moves predictions for this season's playoff teams:

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The upcoming draft is among the most risky ones in the NBA's history. There can be low picks than can prove to be "hidden diamonds" and then (projected) high picks that may well prove mediocre, or poor choices.

After the trade dreadline, the rosters of the teams which will be in the postseason are known, but so are the expiring contracts and needs in the rosters... Here is my predictions (random order)

The Grizzlies have no pick this season, but still have veterans to sell, a young roster that is very talented and deep, excellent financials and have added Winslow.

My guess is that they'll work to accelerate the roster's future upside and will try to get rid of the rest out of the veterans they have for youngsters in which other teams don't trust.

The Heat: will have a low pick and many expiring contracts of veterans, my guess is that they will cash their pick and then will add more veterans on 1-year deals keeping an eye on if Giannis signs with the Bucks by next October and then move from there...

The Raptors have now resigned Lowery one an 1-year extension, but not Van Vleet, Ibaka and Gasol (yet), but have the younger in the roster locked from before... They have a low 1st which I think they'll pick the best they can and then I believe they'll resign Van Vleet and Ibaka but not Gasol and fill the roster with more expirings, again, keeping an eye on whether Giannis signs next Oct. and then move from there...

The Lakers: have a (very) low 1st and I think they'll pick rather well given their tradition in successful scouting.

After that, it will all depend on this year's postseason, if they make it to the WCF, my guess is that they'll extend both Davis and Kuzma and go into the lux tax and then fill the rest of the roster with more vets at min. contracts. A possible trade that could bring back something valuable but not clutch, is to combine Kuzma with Green and move them both, but this can't be a possible case until the 2021 mid-season, unless if it happens during the draft night combined with Kuzma agreement on a "sign and trade" along with the pick.

If there is a 2nd round exit during the playoffs though, what happens next, is totally unpredictable.

The Bucks: Whatever the Bucks moves will be, will have to do with respect to the 21-22 season, where the Bucks have only the contracts of their 2nd to 6th players (Middleton, Bledsoe, Hill, BroLo and Divincenzo) on their books and wait for Giannis to ink the paper, so that today's core remains intact. Given that Giannis inks, they'll either pick or use the pick to make an impactful trade that will bring the 7th addition to the 21/22 roster a year earlier. For next season the Bucks will use the remaining of the cap space, will keep Williams for another season and will most probably refuse to exercise Ilyasova's T.O. in order to add 7M more to the 11M of cash they can use before the lux tax.

If Giannis doesn't sign, nothing will change on the above policy because they'll still have another season before he hits free agency... They may even have agreed with Giannis already, but get Giannis not to resign, so that they can keep the competition confused and on alert.

The Clippers: Have no pick, but do have lots of cap space to use and the exceptions intact, they therefore will hit hard into what there is in the FA market.

The Sixers: No picks + no cap space = trouble... If they make it to the ECF this season, they'll most probably insist for another season, if they don't ... fuck all...

The Jazz: Have a low 1st and good cap space, they're good and will improve.

The Celtics: Hmmm... Not one, not two, but three 1st picks! My guess is that they'll try to use the lower picks and climb a bit further up to the draft ladder, or trade one or two of the picks for assets but use the better one to draft a rookie. They're in a better spot than anybody else this summer.

Use the two lower picks and add Drummond perhaps?

The Thunder: Two mid-low picks and Gallo expiring... My guess is they'll resign Gallo to a lesser salary and use the picks to draft two wings. Probably they'll trade Schroeder and add more depth next to the picks and Alexander... They're good.

The Mavericks: A mid-low 1st and lots of cap space... they'll draft the best they can and add 1-year deals keeping an eye on Giannis...

The Pacers: No picks and many expirings next season... They'll do little in details and concentrate to have Olandipo back in shape... After that they'll keep and eye on Giannis and decide how they proceed during the mid-season accordingly.

The Rockets: No picks... Perhaps some more alchemist experiments are in due... Move the team in Paris and built an arena next to the tower perhaps?

The Nuggets: A low 1st they'll draft and then perhaps some "normal" moves for "normal" role players... Just "Normal Nuggets"...

The Nets: A mid-low 1st they will draft, resign Harris and go into the tax and "that's all folks"... K.D returns and see from there...

The Magic: Will have a 1st at No.15... They hired Hammond for GM to the Magic, so that he does some Magic and picks... Giannis once more!

Last edited:
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to stop making these dumbass similar posts. This is like your 3rd one.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,201.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ninja'ing yourself?

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers will have a first round pick.
No they don't... They have an 1-20 protected from OKC which won't convey because OKC's pick will be higher than 20 and will lose it completely because it turns to a 2022 2nd if it doesn't convey.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, you may have found some gold here... Because all OKC has to do in order to keep the pick, is finish the regular season with (just) worst record than the Sixers!

OKC can't go 7th even if they tank some games and shouldn't matter to them in terms of who they match against in the playoffs either, in order to try and overtake the Rockets... They therefore have the pick under complete control, despite what the Pacers final record would be, or if the Sixers tank too and let the Pacers above them.

But additionally, keep in mind that if the Sixers tank, then 1st round exit in the playoffs becomes all the more possible.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, you may have found some gold here... Because all OKC has to do in order to keep the pick, is finish the regular season with (just) worst record than the Sixers!

OKC can't go 7th even if they tank some games and shouldn't matter to them in terms of who they match against in the playoffs either, in order to try and overtake the Rockets... They therefore have the pick under complete control, despite what the Pacers final record would be, or if the Sixers tank too and let the Pacers above them.

But additionally, keep in mind that if the Sixers tank, then 1st round exit in the playoffs becomes all the more possible.

Other than just being wildly inaccurate and perhaps pure frontier gibberish, I will lay it out for you :

OKC is currently sitting with the 19th worst record.

Indiana, Dallas, Philadelphia, Houston, Miami and Utah are either even with OKC, behind (Indiana), or up to 2.5 games ahead (Miami and Utah).

All OKC has to do is stay ahead of Indiana and pass any two of those other teams to finish #21.
Even if Indiana surges ahead, then OKC has to pass three of those teams.

Utah, Indiana, and Dallas all have similar SOS compared to OKC (.499 to .511 with OKC at .507).

Given that they are 8-2 in their last 10 and should have beaten Boston last night, I like their chances.

But, I will give you credit.
You at least had the intestinal fortitude to admit you were wrong in your previous two posts.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than just being wildly inaccurate and perhaps pure frontier gibberish, I will lay it out for you :

All OKC has to do is stay ahead of Indiana and pass any two of those other teams to finish #21.
Even if Indiana surges ahead, then OKC has to pass three of those teams.

Why OKC has to "pass" anybody? what good does that to OKC? Think of one (just one reason will do) and enlighten us...

All OKC has to do is "control their tanking" and they keep the pick! They have things under complete control and they will be stupid if they "pass over" Houston and not keep it!

Being 19th, still means that if Indy wins more, they only have to keep an eye on the Sixers for how much they need to tank as to end up with a worst record... Therefore I'm 100% "spot on" and you still think that OKC needs (it's what has to means) to win...

To me it all means you post without thinking (or by thinking nonsense)... and then I'm proven correct...

Correct... they have things under control already and all they have to do is to continue "having them under control"...

Utah, Indiana, and Dallas all have similar SOS compared to OKC (.499 to .511 with OKC at .507).

OKC controls things well... don't they?

Given that they are 8-2 in their last 10 and should have beaten Boston last night, I like their chances.

Why should they even bother winning? You are not thinking, are you? Did it ever crossed your mind, that they deliberately "tanked" the Boston match at the end?

But, I will give you credit.
You at least had the intestinal fortitude to admit you were wrong in your previous two posts.

What is the purpose behind this post? I thought you was trying (and then hard) to prove me wrong... All it is doing is to confirm me!

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Warriors....how convenient.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Warriors....how convenient.

It says in the title that it is restricted for this season's playoffs teams only... I guess you still haven't be taught how to read in school...

In any case, I was going to make a supplementary comment for GSW, Pels as well as the Hornets and the Bulls, which I expect to be in the playoffs next season, replacing Rockets and Denver in the West and Philly with Orlando in the East...

But now I'll wait for you to give us your predictions for GSW's moves this summer and I'll post for the 4 teams mentioned later...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It says in the title that it is restricted for this season's playoffs teams only... I guess you still haven't be taught how to read in school...

In any case, I was going to make a supplementary comment for GSW, Pels as well as the Hornets and the Bulls, which I expect to be in the playoffs next season, replacing Rockets and Denver in the West and Philly with Orlando in the East...

But now I'll wait for you to give us your predictions for GSW's moves this summer and I'll post for the 4 teams mentioned later...

Wait...

the Rockets and Nuggets won't be in the playoffs next year?!?

giphy.gif

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're right, I didn't read the full title. My bad.

Let me take a second to look at the Warriors situation and I'll respond shortly.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@buckalis

For the Warriors, now that they ducked the luxury tax, they have a full MLE (9.7M) at their disposal to use and additionally will be able to use the 17M trade exception.

But it really depends on who their free agent targets are depending on who they land with their 1st round draft pick. They have 11 guys signed to contracts next year.

The TPE could be very interesting because teams that are gearing up for the 2021 free agency class will likely want to shed some money. Since the free agency class of 2020 is relatively weak, I don't think you'll see a lot of teams dumping salary to acquire a big name. So it's really unclear right now who's available.

The MLE I think is where the Warriors will find the most value. Since not many teams have cap space you'll see a lot of value in this range. If I'm the Warriors I take strong looks at:

Derrick Favors
Marc Gasol
Bobby Portis
Joe Harris
Dwight Howard
Austin Rivers
DeMarcus Cousins

I think Cousins, depending on how he's going with his rehab could potentially be a great fit back with this team. He'd be in a much more prominent position than he was the first go around and he'll be much more relied upon to produce offensively which would suit him.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@buckalis

For the Warriors, now that they ducked the luxury tax, they have a full MLE (9.7M) at their disposal to use and additionally will be able to use the 17M trade exception.

But it really depends on who their free agent targets are depending on who they land with their 1st round draft pick. They have 11 guys signed to contracts next year.

The TPE could be very interesting because teams that are gearing up for the 2021 free agency class will likely want to shed some money. Since the free agency class of 2020 is relatively weak, I don't think you'll see a lot of teams dumping salary to acquire a big name. So it's really unclear right now who's available.

The MLE I think is where the Warriors will find the most value. Since not many teams have cap space you'll see a lot of value in this range. If I'm the Warriors I take strong looks at:

Derrick Favors
Marc Gasol
Bobby Portis
Joe Harris
Dwight Howard
Austin Rivers
DeMarcus Cousins

I think Cousins, depending on how he's going with his rehab could potentially be a great fit back with this team. He'd be in a much more prominent position than he was the first go around and he'll be much more relied upon to produce offensively which would suit him.

You therefore suggesting that they are going back into the tax... well... To be polite... NO CHANCE IN A MILLION!

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why OKC has to "pass" anybody? what good does that to OKC? Think of one (just one reason will do) and enlighten us...
*snip useless verbosity*

Bruh, OKC is 2.5 games from the 4th seed.
That means HCA in the playoffs.
That means $$$.

They are already getting Denver's pick, which is around #25, so it's not like they won't have a 1st round pick, not to mention those future 1st round picks they have accumulated.

This shouldn't be that difficult to comprehend.
It's okay, though.
Not everyone can grasp the complexities and nuances that go into understanding the game of basketball. It's too bad you didn't get to experience The Process. You've made a solid effort, so there's that. I'll try to help you as much as I can.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait...

the Rockets and Nuggets won't be in the playoffs next year?!?

giphy.gif

Oh... you are suggesting that the Nuggets will be "in" then and therefore the (blown up) Lakers out... Interesting... I don't see it, but if there is a 2nd round exit for the Lakers, it's not impossible...

Actually you may have one cell left in your brains next to the shit I thought it was all that was left there... good you are making progress...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh... you are suggesting that the Nuggets will be "in" then and therefore the (blown up) Lakers out... Interesting... I don't see it, but if there is a 2nd round exit for the Lakers, it's not impossible...

Actually you may have one cell left in your brains next to the shit I thought it was all that was left there... good you are making progress...

So you're seriously saying the current #1 and #2 seed in the West aren't going to make the playoffs next year?

Sure thing dookie

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You therefore suggesting that they are going back into the tax... well... To be polite... NO CHANCE IN A MILLION!

Umm. They’re already in the tax next year. You act like the tax is a huge deterrent to the Warriors. They’ve already shown precedence for paying the tax and if it allows them to field a championship level team.