• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next off-season Draft/moves predictions for this season's playoff teams:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with what you said. I had a bad feeling before the season started LeBron was going to have a great year. As far as burning himself out. I don't see that happening. He's freak of nature & knows what to do to stay in game shape all season long.

True. I gave up trying to predict his decline about 3 years ago, lol. But it's gotta happen sooner or later doesn't it?

This run through the playoffs will be tougher than anything he faced in the EC. But if there's one player in the league I wouldn't want to have to bet against him.

Yeah, it'll be interesting for sure. I think this is the best team he's been on since the Heat. But it's also going to be the toughest set of opponents to get to the finals that he's had to face in his career.

In the East, he didn't really have to push himself in the first 2 rounds. I don't think he's going to be able to get away with that this year.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. I gave up trying to predict his decline about 3 years ago, lol. But it's gotta happen sooner or later doesn't it?

Yeah, it'll be interesting for sure. I think this is the best team he's been on since the Heat. But it's also going to be the toughest set of opponents to get to the finals that he's had to face in his career.

In the East, he didn't really have to push himself in the first 2 rounds. I don't think he's going to be able to get away with that this year.

Father Time slows down for no athlete. LeBron will be no different. But I think he still has a few more years of elite play in him. And with his basketball IQ who know how long he plays.

Speaking of the East they are far superior to the West this year correct? Pretty sure some weird Bucks fan with bad english keeps saying that. I just wanna 2nd opinion.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wins a title or two as a Laker I can see that happening. He's less than 700 rebs away from 10,000 & about 800 asts away from the same number. Which is just incredible. And has a very legit shot at becoming the leagues all time leading scorer. Never thought one player would ever come close to numbers like that.

Yeah, I am sorry.

Magic was absolutely great. He changed the game and deserves his spot in the all time top 4.

But honestly I don’t get the case for Magic over LeBron at this point. I am just not sure there is much of anything on the basketball court that Magic did better than LeBron. Passing, sure, but not be enough to off set everything else LBJ brings.

LBJ has always been the more athletic, better scoring Magic.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I am sorry.

Magic was absolutely great. He changed the game and deserves his spot in the all time top 4.

But honestly I don’t get the case for Magic over LeBron at this point. I am just not sure there is much of anything on the basketball court that Magic did better than LeBron. Passing, sure, but not be enough to off set everything else LBJ brings.

Here's the problem though, there's more to it than that.

If we're talking pure overall basketball ability, who isn't Lebron better than?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the problem though, there's more to it than that.

If we're talking pure overall basketball ability, who isn't Lebron better than?

That is absolutely true.

But the gap between LeBron and MJ in terms of ability is a lot closer than the gap between LeBron and Magic. So we can use those team accomplishments as a tie breaker. Like you always say.

Magic and LeBron aren’t tied, IMO.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I am sorry.

Honestly can't say I disagree with you. You made some very valid points. Gonna have to rethink my all time list.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning championships.

Now yer talkin'. Championships, championships, championships! That's why I have Jason 'white chololate' Williams ranked ahead of John Stockton. :heh:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not what LBJ fans say when he wins a title

There's not a single NBA champion in any era that won a title by himself. Titles are always team accomplishments.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's not a single NBA champion in any era that won a title by himself. Titles are always team accomplishments.
And who has the ball im their hands when the Championship is won...or lost? Winning Titles is about having stars that are clutch. Your "team" argument makes it sound like the role players are just as important as the stars, which is absurd. What did losing one player, KD, mean to the Dubs? What would losing Giannis do to the Bucks Team? MK won 3 straight, took 2 years off and then won 3 more. Did the Bulls win 2 in his absence?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And who has the ball im their hands when the Championship is won...or lost? Winning Titles is about having stars that are clutch. Your "team" argument makes it sound like the role players are just as important as the stars, which is absurd. What did losing one player, KD, mean to the Dubs? What would losing Giannis do to the Bucks Team? MK won 3 straight, took 2 years off and then won 3 more. Did the Bulls win 2 in his absence?
Does MJ win any titles without Pippen? Not to mention Rodman, Kukoc, Grant, Harper, and the rest of them

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So MJ won 6 titles & Pippen won zero?

Magic won 3 titles & Worthy won zero?

Bird won 3 titles & McHale won zero?

And pretty sure the Warriors are missing more than KD. I could be wrong though. The NBA's a star driven league. But that doesn't mean any single star ever won a title without a supporting cast.

And I never said role players are just as important as stars. Those are your words. But those role players are needed to win rings.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes and no.

Of course the best player has the ball in their hands at the end of games, but it's still a team accomplishment.

In their own way, role players are as important as stars, but as a collective. If you have the right role players around a star, he can lead them to a title.

If you don't, he can't.

KD meant 2 titles to the Dubs, but they had already won a championship before he joined them and when healthy, are still contenders without him.

During the 2 years MJ was out of the league, those Bulls teams made the ECF. So they were contenders without him.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

what-you-did-there-i-see-it-gif-4.gif

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So MJ won 6 titles & Pippen won zero?

Bird won 3 titles & McHale won zero?

And pretty sure the Warriors are missing more than KD. I could be wrong though. The NBA's a star driven league. But that doesn't mean any single star ever won a title without a supporting cast.

And not once have I said or suggested role players are just as important as stars. Those are your words. But those role players are needed to win rings.
At least those are players the the Bulls and Lakers drafted. MK and Magic elevated the talent around them. LBJ relies on it. How well did LBJ elevate the Lakers last season? AD LBJ had to run and jump in DWades pocket to get a Title. How did LBJ do with the Lakers last year?
Yes and no.

Of course the best player has the ball in their hands at the end of games, but it's still a team accomplishment.

In their own way, role players are as important as stars, but as a collective. If you have the right role players around a star, he can lead them to a title.

If you don't, he can't.

KD meant 2 titles to the Dubs, but they had already won a championship before he joined them and when healthy, are still contenders without him.

During the 2 years MJ was out of the league, those Bulls teams made the ECF. So they were contenders without him.
Off topic, give me a winner in this series out of curiosity
Magic
Jordan
Bird
Timmy
Hakeem
Vs
Steph
Kobe
KD
LBJ
Shaq