• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oklahoma and Texas leave the Big 12 as a Package Deal/Where's the best place to land?

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No question. Pac. Make it Pac-16. Just make sure Baylor gets left out. Ann Richards is dead. She can't help them this time around.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC goes to 16 teams like this:

East
UGa
UF
UTjr
Vandy
UK
USCjr
Bama
Auburn

West
Missouri
LSU
MSU
OM
Arky
TAMU
UT
OU

This could work because by moving Bama and Auburn to the East you don't have to worry about losing the traditional rivalry games as UGa v. AU, UA v. UT, the WLOCP, the Iron Bowl, and the Red River Rivalry are within the new divisions. And you would renew UT v. TAMU. You go to 9 games IC, and then rotate through the other division.

It will only happen if the CFP expands to 6 or 8 because you are seriously looking at getting at least 2 of those in every year and that won't work with a CFP of 4, even down a conference. If it goes to 8, count on at least 3 of these teams every year.

It won't work because of Texas, for long discussed reasons, and I am not sure the OK legislature will let OU go without OSU. If you want to choose OU and OSU, and leave UT to do their own thing, that would more likely work. UT in that scenario would likely find their way to the B1G if they could check their attitude. They are AAU which helps their cause.

Distance is an issue because TAMU and Mizzou already are the outliers.

I don't want it to work because who the fvck wants to play Bama, Auburn, UF, UT every year.

Neilcar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said every year for the past six to eight years.
+1 cut and paste same response as before:

Texas is not interested in a Conference with a$m in it ...
Neither OU nor Texas will ever go to the pac as long as Scott is the Commissioner … neither trust him at all...
Both OU and Texas love their 3rd tier TV Deal and will not give it up for nothing ...

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC goes to 16 teams like this:

East
UGa
UF
UTjr
Vandy
UK
USCjr
Bama
Auburn

West
Missouri
LSU
MSU
OM
Arky
TAMU
UT
OU

This could work because by moving Bama and Auburn to the East you don't have to worry about losing the traditional rivalry games as UGa v. AU, UA v. UT, the WLOCP, the Iron Bowl, and the Red River Rivalry are within the new divisions. And you would renew UT v. TAMU. You go to 9 games IC, and then rotate through the other division.

It will only happen if the CFP expands to 6 or 8 because you are seriously looking at getting at least 2 of those in every year and that won't work with a CFP of 4, even down a conference. If it goes to 8, count on at least 3 of these teams every year.

It won't work because of Texas, for long discussed reasons, and I am not sure the OK legislature will let OU go without OSU. If you want to choose OU and OSU, and leave UT to do their own thing, that would more likely work. UT in that scenario would likely find their way to the B1G if they could check their attitude. They are AAU which helps their cause.

Distance is an issue because TAMU and Mizzou already are the outliers.

I don't want it to work because who the fvck wants to play Bama, Auburn, UF, UT every year.
You are going to lose most SEC fans with the switching to 9 conference games. Gotta keep that extra midmajor game, or in Florida’s case, that second FCS opponent.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are going to lose most SEC fans with the switching to 9 conference games. Gotta keep that extra midmajor game, or in Florida’s case, that second FCS opponent.

Not true. Most of us are fine with getting rid of another mid-major opponent, whether that means adding another conference game or scheduling another power-5 non-conference opponent.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC has the best long term deal until 2035-2036.

B1G could hit another home run in four years, or take it in the ass because the cable TV model is failing.

Will a Netflix or Amazon or Youtube or Chinese Company of your choice want to buck up a bazillion bucks?

My advice, always take the sure money.

Doesn't matter, neither does anything for three years until the B1G comes courting.

Go SEC.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big Two's best bet may be to stand pat in the Big 12 and encourage the membership to add the requisite number of teams to allow the league to live up to its numerical designation. In most seasons, Oklahoma & Texas will still be in prime position to make the CCG.

Second-best move is pretty much a toss-up between the Big 10 and the SEC. The Sooners & Longhorns would likely dominate the Big 10 West, but it would come at the cost of a weaker SOS. Texas fits here more than Oklahoma - because of its exaggerated self-worth. A move to the SEC West would push Auburn & Alabama to the East & pull Mizzou into the division, making half the West former B-12 members. The going would be tougher, but the additional SOS might be enough to get a team into the playoffs even if it didn't win a division or conference championship. Oklahoma is a better cultural fit here.

The ACC leans too far to the east & could result in costly travel. The Pac-12 is too far west and would be the costliest of all options due to its poorly-run league-owned tv network. That's pretty much it, unless you want to start a brand new league with some current Big-12, AAC & MWC teams & maybe BYU; but that would require a lot of footwork.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC isn't going to take Texas, so there is really only 1 place they can go.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that everyone says that nobody wants to put up with Texas, but make it a package deal with Oklahoma, and how could you turn that down if you were a Conference looking for your next TV deal.

If things start to realign it's best to weigh your options.

The #1 and #5 teams in total wins since WWII.
Built in Top 5 Rivalry, however you want to rank them.
National Brands
Huge built in audiences.

Where's the best place to go.
Where's the best money.

longhorn tv is gone.....

then they go to pac 12.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC isn't going to take Texas, so there is really only 1 place they can go.

giphy.gif

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big 12 is more likely to raid the pac 12 then Texas and ou going somewhere. Pac 12 is in deep ####, money isn't good and they're missing the playoffs far too often. Arizona & Arizona state, come on down.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big 12 is more likely to raid the pac 12 then Texas and ou going somewhere. Pac 12 is in deep ####, money isn't good and they're missing the playoffs far too often. Arizona & Arizona state, come on down.

Even with their monetary problems, about the only teams the vitamin league might be able to swipe from the Pac would be their most recent additions - Colorado & Utah. I don't know if the Big-12 would want Colorado back, but they might be able to land Utah coupled with BYU. But that might not be as attractive in the long run as grabbing Central Florida & South Florida.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with their monetary problems, about the only teams the vitamin league might be able to swipe from the Pac would be their most recent additions - Colorado & Utah. I don't know if the Big-12 would want Colorado back, but they might be able to land Utah coupled with BYU. But that might not be as attractive in the long run as grabbing Central Florida & South Florida.

You're just making stuff up at this point. The big 12 can offer more money, and as we've seen money drives these decisions. BYU is a no go due to them not playing sports on Sundays.

LeroyOU12

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as a poster said above 'Florida State, Miami and Ga Tech would bolt the ACC in a heartbeat.' I'd said the Big12 adds Florida State and Ga Tech or Pitts. That way WV will have traveling partners and revitalize the backyard brawl.

FSU was ready to join Big12 back in 2012, but it didn't happen.
Florida State has fallen back to ACC; Big 12 would eat up Seminoles

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh boy realignment my favorite

If they go Pac you could do what AG suggested bring Ok St and TT along and go East West
or dont and split a North South still
North Cal, Oregon, Oregon State, Washington, Washington State, Stanford, Utah
South Colorado, USC, UCLA, Arizona, Arizona State, OK, Texas
this of course splits Utah Colorado as a pair but you could give them cross division every year. or not. i dont think many people care.

If they went Big 10 which would seem weird to me but just to play
i would imagine they would be in the West
W-Oklahoma, Texas, Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Illinois
E- Maryland, Rutgers, Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Indiana, Purdue

ACC makes even less sense and honestly add them however you want because the Atlantic and Coastal thing doesnt make sense anyway. unless you actually split them somehow geographically like the rest of the conferences.
North- Boston College, Louisville, Pitt, Syracuse, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Duke and North Carolina
South- Oklahoma, Texas, Wake Forest, North Carolina State, Clemson, Miami, Florida State, Georgia tech

East-Boston College, Syracuse, Miami, North Carolina State, North Carolina, Wake, Duke, Virginia
West-Oklahoma, Texas, Louisville, Georgia Tech, Florida State, Clemson, Pitt, VT

Neither Set up seems balanced.

SEC
West- Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Texas A&M, LSU, Missouri, Ole Miss, Miss State
East- UGA, Florida, South Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, Alabama, Auburn, Vandy