• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oklahoma and Texas leave the Big 12 as a Package Deal/Where's the best place to land?

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It actually doesn’t though. Since you proved there were half empty stadiums. I didn’t say every stadium was half full every week.
1 game all season for UCLA a horrible team. oh no.

You made a false statement when you said stadiums. the s made it plural. meaning more than 1. there was in fact 1 stadium for 1 game 1 time over the last 5 seasons.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for the record all teams avg over half capacity. UCLA had 2 under half. everyother game was over half capacity.

1 game all season for UCLA a horrible team. oh no.

You made a false statement when you said stadiums. the s made it plural. meaning more than 1. there was in fact 1 stadium for 1 game 1 time over the last 5 seasons.
Wait, is it one or two games? You seem to have contradicted yourself.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No question. Pac. Make it Pac-16. Just make sure Baylor gets left out. Ann Richards is dead. She can't help them this time around.

Ken Starr will SUE YERASS

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take Texas , OU, Kansas and WVU please

Big 10 West
Oklahoma
Texas
Kansas
Wisconsin
Iowa
NW
Minnesota
Nebraska
Illinois

Big 10 East
OSU
Michigan
MSU
PSU
WVU
Maryland
Indiana
Rutgers
Purdue

8 game football schedule ( play your own division ) champs meet on the B10 title game .

20 game basketball schedule you get 3 permanent "rivals" you play 2 times a year and play the other 14 1 time .

Best football conference , best basketball conference , renews old rivalries , keeps current rivalries . Easy peezy

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you think the big 12 should go after midmajors over pac 12 schools? Come on man, even you don't believe that is a smart move. Big 12 needs to make a push for the Arizona schools, but you're right we don't want Colorado back.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Big 10 West
Oklahoma
Texas
Kansas
Wisconsin
Iowa
NW
Minnesota
Nebraska
Illinois

Big 10 East
OSU
Michigan
MSU
PSU
WVU
Maryland
Indiana
Rutgers
Purdue

8 game football schedule ( play your own division ) champs meet on the B10 title game .

20 game basketball schedule you get 3 permanent "rivals" you play 2 times a year and play the other 14 1 time .

Best football conference , best basketball conference , renews old rivalries , keeps current rivalries . Easy peezy
I don't ever see it happening but... would be a very interesting/fun conference imo.

Neilcar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No its a true statement proving him wrong. I honestly dont care about other team

Other than at the end of a game ... I have never been to DKR with anything ever close to only half filled.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would a PAC/B12 MERGER look like?

that might be interesting

hmm, lets take a stab at it.

Call it the Big west or some other name like that, two divisions

Pacific:
USC
UCLA
Stanford
Cal
Oregon
Washington
Utah
Colorado

southwest:
Texas
ou
okie state
tech
Arizona
az state
Kansas
TCU (fort worth is cool)

I'd imagine k-state and iowa state would make a try for the Big ten, WV would have a solid shot at the SEC.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd imagine k-state and iowa state would make a try for the Big ten
I can't imagine the B1G "wanting" either one of those. Just like no conference really "wants" schools like Tech, Baylor, TCU, Okie Lite, etc. Schools like Tech or Okie Lite would only be necessary evils in order to get the prizes.

Neilcar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B12 needs to get more team closer to West Virginia.

UCF has one of the largest enrollment generating a large alumni and stadium is full. Great recruiting area and program is on the rise.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine the B1G "wanting" either one of those. Just like no conference really "wants" schools like Tech, Baylor, TCU, Okie Lite, etc. Schools like Tech or Okie Lite would only be necessary evils in order to get the prizes.
It runs even deeper. You can't talk B1G expansion without talking academics and the AAU. They won't take a school that's not AAU (Nebraska is the only non-member, and they were a member when they joined the B1G and then got kicked out). Texas fits that bill, OU does not. Certainly K-State and Iowa State don't have a chance.

I don't think it would happen, but the B1G would more likely go after teams like UVa, UNC, Duke, Ga Tech than it would some of the sub-par academic schools in the Big XII.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Big 10 West
Oklahoma
Texas
Kansas
Wisconsin
Iowa
NW
Minnesota
Nebraska
Illinois

Big 10 East
OSU
Michigan
MSU
PSU
WVU
Maryland
Indiana
Rutgers
Purdue

Wishful thinking on those additions. I would love it too.

But Tejas and OU aren’t joining somewhere without their little instate brothers. An WVU certainly isn’t getting in because of academia. Kansas is the only sure thing.

I wish though man I wish.

SideSwipe52

The Franchise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staying in the Big 12 conference would be the overall best decision, but if they were to leave, the Big 10 conference.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think the big 12 should go after midmajors over pac 12 schools? Come on man, even you don't believe that is a smart move. Big 12 needs to make a push for the Arizona schools, but you're right we don't want Colorado back.
I'm not saying you shouldn't make a push for the Arizona schools, I'm just saying they might not be ready to make the jump. Although it is a possibility if the Pac-12 doesn't do something about their tv network in the next few years. If you can't get them (or Utah), then all you've got left is mid-majors.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying you shouldn't make a push for the Arizona schools, I'm just saying they might not be ready to make the jump. Although it is a possibility if the Pac-12 doesn't do something about their tv network in the next few years. If you can't get them (or Utah), then all you've got left is mid-majors.
Question BD. Even if managed better, do you believe the PAC 12 would ever be able to garner a TV contract anywhere close to what the B1G or SEC have been able to? Or can they even appoach what the ACC and Big 12 gets?

I just don't see left coasters as willing to pay an amount anywhere close to what SEC or B1G fans are willing to pay to see the games. I know there is a huge population on the left coast...just not the rabid fan base IMO.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3