• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Seahawks vs Packers smack thread

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd argue most quality QBs do the same thing. Thus the reason it's referred to as a free play?

Some on this board don't seem to get that..................yet

Wait till Sunday night :suds:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brace yourselves. Pack fans are arriving to blame "cheating" Seahawks on their teams historical choke job.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See this post here is what I was talking about. This Seahawk fan had no clue that as the post a few above this show that there was offsides with a head in the neautral zone after the ball was snapped so Rodgers thought he had a free play but the refs didnt call it as they do miss calls on occasion. This Hawks fan assumed he was finally getting big enough balls to throw against Sherman and then when he did he got picked. So this Hawks fan had no clue what was really going in with this play.

But at least he had fun laughing :suds:

In reality if there was not the appeared to be offsides that pick would never have happened

I don't have a clue? Okay. You think Rodgers threw that ball believing that he was going to get picked, or that Rodgers believed that he could beat Sherman? Or do you believe that the only time Rodgers would dare throw at Sherman was when the result of the play wouldn't matter? Because the answer to all three of those questions supports my argument.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with that is that when you avoid one side, you tip your hand before the play where the ball is going and allow the defense to adjust accordingly. I guess it's a decent strategy when the other receivers are producing, but when they're not....

Yes this is true but it may be worth seeing if your #1 and #2 guys can beat the ones in coverage on the other side.

Its like how the Hawks use Graham now in the run game as was posted a few pages back. With him in the game on running downs lined up for run blocking the defense knows it is not coming to his side of the field because he sucks at run blocking and is thrown into the backfield messing up the play as the Rams were doing. So the defense keys for the run to go to the side he is not on.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a clue? Okay. You think Rodgers threw that ball believing that he was going to get picked, or that Rodgers believed that he could beat Sherman? Or do you believe that the only time Rodgers would dare throw at Sherman was when the result of the play wouldn't matter? Because the answer to all three of those questions supports my argument.

Hard to get you Hawk fans to understand as all the other teams fan get the concept.

You had no clue when you stated that Rodgers finally had balls to test Sherman and was picked that Rodgers thought offsides would be called on the play. You just thought he was finally testing Sherman and lost

That is what you had no clue about.

The reason he threw the ball was that that was the only receiver in the endzone and he was getting pressured so throw the ball and if we catch it TD and if not play over ad we get another try. That is what was in his mind. He was not thinking oh here is chance to show people I can beat the great Sherman. He would have thrown it to that receiver no matter who was covering him. Just so happened to be Sherman

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes this is true but it may be worth seeing if your #1 and #2 guys can beat the ones in coverage on the other side.

Its like how the Hawks use Graham now in the run game as was posted a few pages back. With him in the game on running downs lined up for run blocking the defense knows it is not coming to his side of the field because he sucks at run blocking and is thrown into the backfield messing up the play as the Rams were doing. So the defense keys for the run to go to the side he is not on.
Good luck LL. If some Hawk fans felt like their team didn't play in Seattle, no amount of visual or tangible evidence would change those fans minds.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just hard to take Seattle fans seriously. Hordes of them appeared out of nowhere like 3 years ago. I know it seems like I'm beating a dead horse but it's true. I just can't get over it.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to get you Hawk fans to understand as all the other teams fan get the concept.

You had no clue when you stated that Rodgers finally had balls to test Sherman and was picked that Rodgers thought offsides would be called on the play. You just thought he was finally testing Sherman and lost

The reason he threw the ball was that that was the only receiver in the endzone and he was getting pressured so throw the ball and if we catch it TD and if not play over. He was not thinking oh here is chance to show people I can beat the great Sherman. He would have thrown it to that receiver no matter who was covering him. Just so happened to be Sherman

Keep in mind many of their fans have only been watching football since 2012.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just hard to take Seattle fans seriously. Hoards of them appeared out of nowhere like 3 years ago. I know it seems like I'm beating a dead horse but it's true. I just can't get over it.
Damn you beat me to it:suds:

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just hard to take Seattle fans seriously. Hordes of them appeared out of nowhere like 3 years ago. I know it seems like I'm beating a dead horse but it's true. I just can't get over it.

Hey look, this lame argument again.

It's also hard to take posters seriously who make up scenarios like this one and pretend it only applies to the Seahawks. If you disregard an entire fanbase because you think "hordes of them" popped up out of nowhere, you are an idiot. Every team that has a successful run sees its fanbase grow on the fringes. Red Sox, Patriots, Royals, Heat. All of them.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not a good troll
That's not trolling that is a fact. That's not to say Seattle had zero dedicated fans prior. But now it's like what all the cool kids do. Prior to 2012 you very rarely saw Seahawk garb being worn even in Seattle. The last couple of years the bandwaggoners have come out of the wood work. Give it a couple years of mediocre play and they will be like the Mariners and the Sonics. Do you remember when the Sonics were in Seattle? No fans attending games, no new arena because the bandaid fix the fans and owners tried to sell the public renovating Key Arena was an epic fail.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The reason he threw the ball was that that was the only receiver in the endzone and he was getting pressured so throw the ball and if we catch it TD and if not play over ad we get another try. That is what was in his mind. He was not thinking oh here is chance to show people I can beat the great Sherman. He would have thrown it to that receiver no matter who was covering him. Just so happened to be Sherman

Right. Because Seattle lines up so many other corners on the offenses right side. Im sure Rodgers had no idea who was there. History shows that Rodgers does not throw at Sherman. The one time he does! It blows up in his face. And you want to argue that the ball wouldn't have been thrown if Rodgers didn't believe that it was a free play...like that somehow supports the argument.

Hell, Sherman was on the field with one functioning arm and Rodgers wanted to throw anywhere else. But THIS week Rodgers is going to make Sherman look like a rookie and blow him up. Okay.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not trolling that is a fact. That's not to say Seattle had zero dedicated fans prior. But now it's like what all the cool kids do. Prior to 2012 you very rarely saw Seahawk garb being worn even in Seattle. The last couple of years the bandwaggoners have come out of the wood work. Give it a couple years of mediocre play and they will be like the Mariners and the Sonics. Do you remember when the Sonics were in Seattle? No fans attending games, no new arena because the bandaid fix the fans and owners tried to sell the public renovating Key Arena was an epic fail.

This coming from a Patriots and Red Sox fan.

Just stop. This is not going well for you.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey look, this lame argument again.

It's also hard to take posters seriously who make up scenarios like this one and pretend it only applies to the Seahawks. If you disregard an entire fanbase because you think "hordes of them" popped up out of nowhere, you are an idiot. Every team that has a successful run sees its fanbase grow on the fringes. Red Sox, Patriots, Royals, Heat. All of them.
I never said it just applies to the Seahawks. I think the Seahawks have set the standard for clueless hipster bandwagon fan base though.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This coming from a Patriots and Red Sox fan.

Just stop. This is not going well for you.
Your point being what? How long the Red Sox sold out a historical park prior to thier last run of WS championships? Or the quality Stadium and Patriots place thar Robert Kraft funded by himself to build? Or how Foxboro was selling out during thr Steve Grogan days? Or how since Bledsoe and TB have been anchoring the Pats they continue to sell out going on 2+ decades. You don't make a very good argument. Stay with talking up Seattle. You are good with recent history.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@NWPATSFAN: Pats have a divisional game this weekend and he can't help but live in the Seahawks/Packers thread.

View attachment 30697
Don't want tge Hawks falling back into nowhere land. Just doing my part keeping them relevant. call it a public service I'm doing for you. You're welcome. No need for accolades your butt hurtness is thanks enough.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your point being what? How long the Red Sox sold out a historical park prior to thier last run of WS championships? Or the quality Stadium and Patriots place thar Robert Kraft funded by himself to build? Or how Foxboro was selling out during thr Steve Grogan days? Or how since Bledsoe and TB have been anchoring the Pats they continue to sell out going on 2+ decades. You don't make a very good argument. Stay with talking up Seattle. You are good with recent history.

Oh, so New England's fanbase applies before their recent success but the literal proof that Hawks fans have posted about the Kingdome selling out for years and the Seattle fanbase being one of the most passionate in the league doesn't?

Thanks for proving my point. Keep spouting nonsense about Seattle not having fans before 2012 and we'll keep laughing at you.