• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Seahawks vs Packers smack thread

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are looking at this all wrong LL. The Pack needed 5 Seahawk TO's just to be in the game with us.:suds:

Either way, did you have a good experience in Seattle and did you like The Clink?

I always like the trip to Seattle as mentioned have been to 3 games there. It is a nice place to visit and always nice to see the daughter. As far as the clink goes from all the things I had read and then going to the games it was ok nothing special as I have been to like 19 different stadiums so have a variety of stadium experiences.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was laughing hysterically last year in week one when Rodgers refused to acknowledge that the right side of the field existed, and then again in the NFC Championship when Rodgers finally sacked up and tried to throw at Sherman...only to get picked off in the end zone.

If you rewatch the tape of that game there was defensive offsides on that play that was not called meaning run to the endzone for a free play if it doesnt work it is a do over with the penalty. The refs never called it giving Seattle the ball. if there was no offsides he would not have thrown that one.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you rewatch the tape of that game there was defensive offsides on that play that was not called meaning run to the endzone for a free play if it doesnt work it is a do over with the penalty. The refs never called it giving Seattle the ball. if there was no offsides he would not have thrown that one.

1. That doesn't change the fact that he tried to test Sherman and lost.
2. I hope you aren't going to try and cry about missed calls being the difference in that game.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Richard Sherman picks off Aaron Rodgers

Bennetts hand never left the ground. He flinched but wasn't in the neutral zone when ball is snapped.

1. Offside: A player is offside when any part of his body is beyond his scrimmage or free kick line when the ball is snapped or kicked.

NFL Rules Digest: Definitions

Good no call.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those of you Hawk fans that are hating on Bevell may have a point after reading this article!

The Rams were able to tell just where the play was going to go and where it would be run based on how Graham was lined up. I better email this to McCarthy :yes:

It is a good read click the link for the full article

Green Bay Packers at Seattle Seahawks: Jimmy Graham was a tell against St. Louis Rams

Jimmy Graham was a tell against St. Louis Rams

Setting aside all that much-deserved praise Graham receives as a pass catcher, he's a very limited inline run blocker -- especially against defensive ends and bigger outside linebackers. How exactly Graham would be used in the Seattle offense was a huge offseason talking point, including pep talks reminding him of his considerable size and the need for tight ends in Seattle to be tight ends.

Besides, Seattle is a run-first team -- and one that often uses two tight ends whose specialty is blocking.

The issue that was apparent last Sunday is that Graham is best suited as a wide receiver -- extended from the formation. When he's inline, he's simply not the same player.

The Seahawks seemed insistent on Sunday on treating him as a true tight end, aligning him in location (next to the tackle, on the line of scrimmage) during significant chunks of the game.

The Packers would appreciate it very much if the Seahawks stick with that approach.

The problem with Graham as an inline player is evident in plays like the screen shots below, where the defensive end pushes Graham well into his own backfield, closing off one side of the formation entirely.

In other words, the offense can't rely on running the ball effectively behind Jimmy Graham -- or any other less-skilled blocking tight end for that matter. All players in the NFL have weaknesses, and for Graham, that's inline blocking at the point of attack.

New Orleans knew this. St. Louis knew this. Green Bay will know this. And most unusually, Seattle knew as well, as was obvious throughout the game when they continued to align Graham as a true tight end, but send the direction of the runs away from him.

There's nothing more powerful for the run portion of your defense than to know where the ball is going to go.

And St. Louis knew.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. That doesn't change the fact that he tried to test Sherman and lost.
2. I hope you aren't going to try and cry about missed calls being the difference in that game.

I dont cry about missed calls at all I was just stating why he threw it.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richard Sherman picks off Aaron Rodgers

Bennetts hand never left the ground. He flinched but wasn't in the neutral zone when ball is snapped.

NFL Rules Digest: Definitions

Good no call.

I will restate when Rodgers saw the play he thought it was offsides and thought he had a free play and that is why he threw that ball. If that line movement did not happen he would not have thrown the pass I hope this makes sense. Rodgers throws for a deep pass on any play he thinks there is offsides trying to get a big play. He did it a few times last week.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will restate when Rodgers saw the play he thought it was offsides and thought he had a free play and that is why he threw that ball. If that line movement did not happen he would not have thrown the pass I hope this makes sense. Rodgers throws for a deep pass on any play he thinks there is offsides trying to get a big play. He did it a few times last week.

So Rodgers was fooled fooled by the moment, got the snap off late, and threw it anyways?

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those of you Hawk fans that are hating on Bevell may have a point after reading this article!

The Rams were able to tell just where the play was going to go and where it would be run based on how Graham was lined up. I better email this to McCarthy :yes:

It is a good read click the link for the full article

Green Bay Packers at Seattle Seahawks: Jimmy Graham was a tell against St. Louis Rams

Jimmy Graham was a tell against St. Louis Rams

Setting aside all that much-deserved praise Graham receives as a pass catcher, he's a very limited inline run blocker -- especially against defensive ends and bigger outside linebackers. How exactly Graham would be used in the Seattle offense was a huge offseason talking point, including pep talks reminding him of his considerable size and the need for tight ends in Seattle to be tight ends.

Besides, Seattle is a run-first team -- and one that often uses two tight ends whose specialty is blocking.

The issue that was apparent last Sunday is that Graham is best suited as a wide receiver -- extended from the formation. When he's inline, he's simply not the same player.

The Seahawks seemed insistent on Sunday on treating him as a true tight end, aligning him in location (next to the tackle, on the line of scrimmage) during significant chunks of the game.

The Packers would appreciate it very much if the Seahawks stick with that approach.

The problem with Graham as an inline player is evident in plays like the screen shots below, where the defensive end pushes Graham well into his own backfield, closing off one side of the formation entirely.

In other words, the offense can't rely on running the ball effectively behind Jimmy Graham -- or any other less-skilled blocking tight end for that matter. All players in the NFL have weaknesses, and for Graham, that's inline blocking at the point of attack.

New Orleans knew this. St. Louis knew this. Green Bay will know this. And most unusually, Seattle knew as well, as was obvious throughout the game when they continued to align Graham as a true tight end, but send the direction of the runs away from him.

There's nothing more powerful for the run portion of your defense than to know where the ball is going to go.

And St. Louis knew.

Hmmm.

So the (arguably) best front seven in football knew where the ball was going, but still got rung up to the tune of 125 yards or so. I'll take it.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers will pick the Seahawks secondary apart. he'll make Sherman look like a rookie. This will be a blow out, 38 to 17 Packers

Oh look, the troll's back

You think a career ~.220 hitter in part time Single A ball has leverage to pretend he's going to "go to MLB" instead of continuing a career that has seen 3 playoff appearances, 2 SB appearances, and a Lombardi trophy?

For a guy who calls himself Sportsdude you sure don't know much about sports.

Ned_Merrill

Qui n’avance pas, recule
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I haven't heard anyone mention the loss of Dan Quinn.
Erroneous.
It may be impossible to overstate the impact Dan Quinn had on this team, and his tenure as HC in Atlanta certainly got off to a good start, at least in the First half of the Eagles game.

Another fallacy.

84-prev1.jpg

The article above was published on Monday, November 12, 1984.

"Right now, it's the toughest environment in the league," said Derrick Jensen, Raiders special-teams' captain. "For me, playing there is like a circus. It's going to be very, very loud and very, very emotional. Personally, I prefer it when it's quiet and we're ahead by 40 points."

Last edited:

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Oh it's crying time again"!!!!!! Yeah blame it on the refs, it's their fault!!!

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Oh it's crying time again"!!!!!! Yeah blame it on the refs, it's their fault!!!

I know Lambeau and he isn't a fan that squabbles about the refs. He is just making a point on the errant pass from Rodgers that was picked off.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Lambeau and he isn't a fan that squabbles about the refs. He is just making a point on the errant pass from Rodgers that was picked off.
Fair enough. It sounded like he was making an excuse. IMO, the blame for "errant" pass is all on Rodgers!!!