• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Seahawks vs Packers smack thread

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. It sounded like he was making an excuse. IMO, the blame for "errant" pass is all on Rodgers!!!

No argument there. I do doubt he ever would have chucked it up like that if he didn't think the Hawks were offsides.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No argument there. I do doubt he ever would have chucked it up like that if he didn't think the Hawks were offsides.
So Rodgers "chucked it up", because he thought the Hawks were offsides? Okay!!!!!

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. That doesn't change the fact that he tried to test Sherman and lost.
2. I hope you aren't going to try and cry about missed calls being the difference in that game.

Why is this so hard to understand. He figured he had a free play so go for the big play if it is picked and there is offsides he gets a do
Pre snap/flinch ball snapped and flinch
View attachment 30541View attachment 30538

:thumb: :suds:[/QU
Fair enough. It sounded like he was making an excuse. IMO, the blame for "errant" pass is all on Rodgers!!!

I was just stating why Rodgers even threw the ball. He was asked after the game and stated he saw movement thought it was an offsides and wanted to try for the free play he thought he was going to have. His thoughts are go with the regular play and get 5 or 6 yards or take a risk on a pass into the endzone maybe we get the TD but if not we at least get the 5 yards on the offsides. The play was a pick so the big play was not made and the offsides was not called so Rodgers was not correct and lost that gamble.

The Seahawk fans are all about the game 1 last year when Rodgers would not throw to the side Sherman payed on. I guess I see it as Rodgers would where if I have my #3 receiver being covered by Sherman that is cool let the Hawks waste his talent on the #3 and I will throw where the coverage may not be as tight. It seems it offended Hawk fans that Rodgers wouldnt test his ability against Sherman and just ignored him or that Rodgers is afraid of Sherman and will never throw his way because of Shermans super human abilities.

So this is why the play being discussed with the offsides is being talked about by Hawk fans, They are trying to say see what happens when Rodgers has balls enough to throw at Sherman he will be picked off.

My point it that Rodgers didnt throw that ball to see if he could complete a pass against Sherman. It would not have mattered who the defender was as Rodgers thought it was offsides and that means a pass into the endzone to whichever receiver can get there and lets try to make a big play if it is a free play.

It just so happened to be against Sherman so that gives the Hawk fans justification for their thoughts back in game 1 of the season that Rodgers would not throw his way because he was afraid of being picked off because now when he did he then did get picked off.

I hope this makes sense and clarifies everything

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Rodgers "chucked it up", because he thought the Hawks were offsides? Okay!!!!!

Yep. That is a drill that they practice. Whenever an opposing D players jumps offsides, the WR's go deep and he hurls it downfield. Historically it has worked well for them.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. That is a drill that they practice. Whenever an opposing D players jumps offsides, the WR's go deep and he hurls it downfield. Historically it has worked well for them.
Fair enough!!!

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is this so hard to understand. He figured he had a free play so go for the big play if it is picked and there is offsides he gets a do

I was just stating why Rodgers even threw the ball. He was asked after the game and stated he saw movement thought it was an offsides and wanted to try for the free play he thought he was going to have. His thoughts are go with the regular play and get 5 or 6 yards or take a risk on a pass into the endzone maybe we get the TD but if not we at least get the 5 yards on the offsides. The play was a pick so the big play was not made and the offsides was not called so Rodgers was not correct and lost that gamble.

The Seahawk fans are all about the game 1 last year when Rodgers would not throw to the side Sherman payed on. I guess I see it as Rodgers would where if I have my #3 receiver being covered by Sherman that is cool let the Hawks waste his talent on the #3 and I will throw where the coverage may not be as tight. It seems it offended Hawk fans that Rodgers wouldnt test his ability against Sherman and just ignored him or that Rodgers is afraid of Sherman and will never throw his way because of Shermans super human abilities.

So this is why the play being discussed with the offsides is being talked about by Hawk fans, They are trying to say see what happens when Rodgers has balls enough to throw at Sherman he will be picked off.

My point it that Rodgers didnt throw that ball to see if he could complete a pass against Sherman. It would not have mattered who the defender was as Rodgers thought it was offsides and that means a pass into the endzone to whichever receiver can get there and lets try to make a big play if it is a free play.

It just so happened to be against Sherman so that gives the Hawk fans justification for their thoughts back in game 1 of the season that Rodgers would not throw his way because he was afraid of being picked off because now when he did he then did get picked off.

I hope this makes sense and clarifies everything
Fair enough!!!

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was laughing hysterically last year in week one when Rodgers refused to acknowledge that the right side of the field existed, and then again in the NFC Championship when Rodgers finally sacked up and tried to throw at Sherman...only to get picked off in the end zone.

See this post here is what I was talking about. This Seahawk fan had no clue that as the post a few above this show that there was offsides with a head in the neautral zone after the ball was snapped so Rodgers thought he had a free play but the refs didnt call it as they do miss calls on occasion. This Hawks fan assumed he was finally getting big enough balls to throw against Sherman and then when he did he got picked. So this Hawks fan had no clue what was really going in with this play.

But at least he had fun laughing :suds:

In reality if there was not the appeared to be offsides that pick would never have happened

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See this post here is what I was talking about. This Seahawk fan had no clue that as the post a few above this show that there was offsides with a head in the neautral zone after the ball was snapped so Rodgers thought he had a free play but the refs didnt call it as they do miss calls on occasion. This Hawks fan assumed he was finally getting big enough balls to throw against Sherman and then when he did he got picked. So this Hawks fan had no clue what was really going in with this play.

In reality if there was not the appeared to be offsides that pick would never have happened

Right... The only reason Rodgers attempted to throw Sherman's way was because he thought there would be no consequence when he was picked off.

And if there was no offsides, Rodgers would have continued to delete half the field from his gameplan.

So he didn't grow a pair afterall.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right... The only reason Rodgers attempted to throw Sherman's way was because he thought there would be no consequence when he was picked off.

And if there was no offsides, Rodgers would have continued to delete half the field from his gameplan.

You are confusing game one of last year with game 2. He threw to more than one side of the field in game 2 and that pick was in game 2. He would have run whatever play was called if there was not the offides regardless of what side of the field it was on run or pass

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe you should read this to see just what Rodgers has very limited interceptions. There has not been an interception in Lambeau Field since 2012. With my luck now I jinxed them but hopefully not so. There are reasons he does not throw many and of the 5 he had last year 4 of them were tips off of receivers hands. There was one last year in the Buffalo game where it was a pick of a bad pass.

But here read this I just posted a small part of the article

Who is Aaron Rodgers? Inside the NFL's best QB

GREEN BAY, Wis. — You get bombarded by a lot of statistics this time of year. Make time for one important one, about Aaron Rodgers:

Rodgers threw 520 passes last season. Five were intercepted. Of those five, four deflected off a receiver’s hands. Bacarri Rambo of the Buffalo Bills did what no other opposing defensive player, over 16 regular-season games covering 519 other throws, could do: He intercepted a poorly thrown ball by Rodgers.

You also get bombarded by a lot of quotes from players and coaches. Take time for one important one, from Rodgers:

“I desperately want to be coached.”

This is a story on the art of not throwing interceptions, which is a difficult approach for a quarterback. You don’t say to a great shooter at the end of a basketball game, Don’t miss that shot! You don’t say to a hitter, Don’t swing and miss!

We’ll get to the numbing numbers in a moment (like Rodgers’ 11 interceptions over the last two years, covering 810 throws). But first, step into a room just off the Packers’ locker room at Lambeau Field, sit down to watch tape, and experience Rodgers explaining the whys of his worst moments—throwing picks

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The problem with that is that when you avoid one side, you tip your hand before the play where the ball is going and allow the defense to adjust accordingly. I guess it's a decent strategy when the other receivers are producing, but when they're not....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Erroneous.

Another fallacy.

View attachment 30470

The article above was published on Monday, November 12, 1984.

"Right now, it's the toughest environment in the league," said Derrick Jensen, Raiders special-teams' captain. "For me, playing there is like a circus. It's going to be very, very loud and very, very emotional. Personally, I prefer it when it's quiet and we're ahead by 40 points."
Actually I saw your quote after I posted. But you are the only other one I saw. I think the loss of Quinn could be a huge loss? I guess we'll see as the year goes on?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd argue most quality QBs do the same thing. Thus the reason it's referred to as a free play?