• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Offseason News and Rumors v2.0

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Juice would rat Gemma out and plant that seed of doubt in Jax's mind. The 2nd episode was great!

Indeed it was!!!

Think that Kid was the other Charter leaders son?

If so, why didn't he just say so? Clearly he means something to him. But, he just passed it off as some guy he meant thru one of his " whores" :doh:

I knew where it was headed when the camera focused in on the gun he placed in the truck.

Same one Jax planted on the kid.

This is gonna be BAD:gaah:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I double checked the source, it wasn't much of a rumor, so nevermind

Yeah, he was basically just thinking out loud.

But, I saw the reports too and they made it seem like it was something that was on the table just to get you to click on the story:lol:.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Earlier today, Thunderous Intentions’ other editor, Mark Bruty, shed some light on a rumor that seems to be gaining a bit of ground lately. The rumor in question? The potential of the Celtics trading Rajon Rondo to the Thunder.

The Sporting News’ Sean Deveney is the man accused of making the noise during a recent Q&A with SBNation’s Celtics Blog:

Q: “It seems like the league has a lot of good-to-great point guards and the number of teams that actually need help at the position is kind of small. The usual suspects get mentioned a lot (Sacramento, Detroit, New York, etc.) but are there any teams out there that might be in the Rondo market that we haven’t talked a lot about?”

A: “Houston is certainly one. But I would keep an eye on teams willing to make sign-and-trades, and willing to play point guards together. Remember, a lot of teams have really good point guards but they are more like shooting guards, and teams are more willing to try playing those combinations together, as Phoenix and Minnesota did last year and as teams like Utah and Orlando are likely to try this year. It might not work, and teams might start shying away from it. But increasingly, the shooting guard spot is not what it used to be in the Michael Jordan heyday, and teams will either have a spot-up shooter or a second point guard there.

“The Thunder could be one to watch. They have pieces to shed in a sign-and-trade, and a Russell Westbrook-Rondo backcourt would be fascinating. Might not work financially, but it’s a possibility. Charlotte has young pieces to offer and they’ve been slowly building toward making that one big move that pushes them to the next level. Not sure it’s Rondo, but he would be an upgrade. Dallas has pursued pretty much any big-time free agent it can, I would assume they’d at least express interest.

“It’s all speculation at this point, but I would not rule out teams simply because they won’t have cap space or they already have a decent point guard.”

As Deveney even points out, it’s all speculation at this stage of the game. but that doesn’t mean what he said isn’t up for analysis. Spectators love playing “what if”, and Rondo certainly creates an interesting “what if” scenario that even Dime Magazine’s Jack Winter had to take a quick look at in this article, which I found quite interesting:

“The crux of that pipedream’s problem is that neither team is likely interested in such a trade. … A backcourt pairing of Rondo and Westbrook, no matter how enticing given their starry names, is simply mismatched. Oklahoma City’s only playoff problem – other than injuries, of course – has been a lack of scoring and floor-spacing around Westbrook and Kevin Durant, two deficiencies that Rondo would hardly solve.”

Dime Magazine (dimemag.com) : Daily NBA News, NBA Trades, NBA Rumors, Basketball Videos, Sneakers » Blog Archive Report: Don't Rule Out Oklahoma City Thunder Trading For Rajon Rondo

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Earlier today, Thunderous Intentions’ other editor, Mark Bruty, shed some light on a rumor that seems to be gaining a bit of ground lately. The rumor in question? The potential of the Celtics trading Rajon Rondo to the Thunder.

The Sporting News’ Sean Deveney is the man accused of making the noise during a recent Q&A with SBNation’s Celtics Blog:

Q: “It seems like the league has a lot of good-to-great point guards and the number of teams that actually need help at the position is kind of small. The usual suspects get mentioned a lot (Sacramento, Detroit, New York, etc.) but are there any teams out there that might be in the Rondo market that we haven’t talked a lot about?”

A: “Houston is certainly one. But I would keep an eye on teams willing to make sign-and-trades, and willing to play point guards together. Remember, a lot of teams have really good point guards but they are more like shooting guards, and teams are more willing to try playing those combinations together, as Phoenix and Minnesota did last year and as teams like Utah and Orlando are likely to try this year. It might not work, and teams might start shying away from it. But increasingly, the shooting guard spot is not what it used to be in the Michael Jordan heyday, and teams will either have a spot-up shooter or a second point guard there.

“The Thunder could be one to watch. They have pieces to shed in a sign-and-trade, and a Russell Westbrook-Rondo backcourt would be fascinating. Might not work financially, but it’s a possibility. Charlotte has young pieces to offer and they’ve been slowly building toward making that one big move that pushes them to the next level. Not sure it’s Rondo, but he would be an upgrade. Dallas has pursued pretty much any big-time free agent it can, I would assume they’d at least express interest.

“It’s all speculation at this point, but I would not rule out teams simply because they won’t have cap space or they already have a decent point guard.”

As Deveney even points out, it’s all speculation at this stage of the game. but that doesn’t mean what he said isn’t up for analysis. Spectators love playing “what if”, and Rondo certainly creates an interesting “what if” scenario that even Dime Magazine’s Jack Winter had to take a quick look at in this article, which I found quite interesting:

“The crux of that pipedream’s problem is that neither team is likely interested in such a trade. … A backcourt pairing of Rondo and Westbrook, no matter how enticing given their starry names, is simply mismatched. Oklahoma City’s only playoff problem – other than injuries, of course – has been a lack of scoring and floor-spacing around Westbrook and Kevin Durant, two deficiencies that Rondo would hardly solve.”

Rajon Rondo's Potential Impact On The Thunder

Dime Magazine (dimemag.com) : Daily NBA News, NBA Trades, NBA Rumors, Basketball Videos, Sneakers » Blog Archive Report: Don't Rule Out Oklahoma City Thunder Trading For Rajon Rondo

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beasley to Grizzlies

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beasley to Grizzlies

Damn...I was hoping the Clips would wake up.

Oh well...guess they couldn't squeeze him in with the other 40 guaranteed contracts:doh:.

What's up with him playing the 4?

He played there in college, right?

I have always seen him as a sf.:noidea:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beasley is a tweener....Too slow to be a SF and too small to be a PF IMO

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beasley is a tweener....Too slow to be a SF and too small to be a PF IMO

:agree:

The Memphis Grizzlies have signed Michael Beasley on a non-guaranteed training camp deal.

Beasley spent several days working out for the Grizzlies this week and chose that offer due to the opportunity to make the roster as a backup power forward.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting lakers signed Wayne Ellington over him. Not that I'm high on Beasley but have to think he's the better player

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting lakers signed Wayne Ellington over him. Not that I'm high on Beasley but have to think he's the better player

The Lakers have enough frontcourt players. Randle needs to be getting the bulk of the minutes at PF.

Ellington is more of an insurance policy for the inevitable breakdown of Nash during the season.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not really.

Ellington may be a journeyman, but is a respectable player.

Beasley is a moron who can't keep his head on straight long enough to utilize his physical gifts.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers have enough frontcourt players. Randle needs to be getting the bulk of the minutes at PF.

Ellington is more of an insurance policy for the inevitable breakdown of Nash during the season.

do they really though? seem very thin at center. jordan hill lets face it is more of a PF. ed davis another PF. and Sacre i guess is a center just not much of one. read a report they signed ronnie price today so thats the team if nobody currently on roster gets cut

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do they really though? seem very thin at center. jordan hill lets face it is more of a PF. ed davis another PF. and Sacre i guess is a center just not much of one. read a report they signed ronnie price today so thats the team if nobody currently on roster gets cut

Thin at center, but the center position in the league isn't filled with a bunch of 7-footers anymore. Hill and Davis should be sufficient against most teams. Beasley isn't a center anyway.

I think both Ellington and Price have non-guaranteed contracts. They aren't locks to make it.