• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Assistant Coaches Rumors and Hires

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that we know Hackett is the HC choice, the next fun thing to consider is who will he hire as assistants.

Here is the first rumors I read from The Athletic this morning:
Will he try to bring over an assistant from the Packers, with the NFL Network reporting the Broncos plan to request Green Bay’s offensive line coach and run game coordinator Adam Stenavich? Or could an offensive coordinator the Broncos interviewed during their head-coaching search, someone like Cincinnati’s Brian Callahan, be enticed by a job as offensive coordinator for the Broncos if it includes play-calling duties? And what about the defensive staff? The Packers ran a 3-4 defense during Hackett’s time in Green Bay, and it figures he’d stick with that scheme given Denver’s personnel. Rams secondary coach Ejiro Evero, a fellow UC Davis alum who has worked with Hackett at various stops, should be considered a frontrunner for the defensive coordinator position. Could Christian Parker, the Broncos’ defensive backs coach under Fangio who worked with Hackett in Green Bay in 2020, be a candidate for a prime role with the new defense?

Who on the current staff would you like to see retained?

Reactions: LGM

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I recall, part of Mike Munchak's decision to come to Denver even after missing out on the HC position was to be near his daughter and her family ... Seems to me that even if Stenavich is hired - or maybe even because he is hired - it would make sense to keep Munchak on the staff ...

I also think Bill Kollar is a total pro and I'd love to see him stay

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Steno’ is a fantastic coach. He’s not just a good man, but he’s a really bright coach,” Rodgers said. “And I think he’s got a future above offensive line coach, for sure.” - Aaron Rodgers

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The franchise needs new energy - bring it on. Coach Hackett needs to put in place guys who he can trust and hold accountable. The DC needs to keep enough of the Fangio design to fit the personnel acquired to perform well in it.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m hearing that Stenavich will become GB’s OC.

Getsy here as OC? (my speculation not anything I’ve heard)

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The franchise needs new energy - bring it on. Coach Hackett needs to put in place guys who he can trust and hold accountable. The DC needs to keep enough of the Fangio design to fit the personnel acquired to perform well in it.
Spot on!

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I recall, part of Mike Munchak's decision to come to Denver even after missing out on the HC position was to be near his daughter and her family ... Seems to me that even if Stenavich is hired - or maybe even because he is hired - it would make sense to keep Munchak on the staff ...

I also think Bill Kollar is a total pro and I'd love to see him stay
You know I was thinking about that story regarding Munch’s daughter. I just hope he’s focused equally on Dove Valley. Let’s just say the OL hasn’t been the strongest unit on the team. How much of that lays at his feet it’s up for debate ……but I have at least wondered about Munchak.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know I was thinking about that story regarding Munch’s daughter. I just hope he’s focused equally on Dove Valley. Let’s just say the OL hasn’t been the strongest unit on the team. How much of that lays at his feet it’s up for debate ……but I have at least wondered about Munchak.
That's a great point - perhaps Munchak getting a little too comfortable , or at least his priorities being affected

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a great point - perhaps Munchak getting a little too comfortable , or at least his priorities being affected
You may be right, but it is my suspicion that Elway hired Munch and then fed him no resources - allowing Elway to flow money to the skill positions. Paton helped change that a bit last year.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be right, but it is my suspicion that Elway hired Munch and then fed him no resources - allowing Elway to flow money to the skill positions. Paton helped change that a bit last year.
No doubt a possibility. Let’s hope to see another OL blue chip piece or two as a foundation for our new O.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ejiro Evero sounds like the front runner to become our D cord. Love this if true. He has ties to familiar names... Fangio, Wade Phillips, Hackett. This guy is an up and comer. Highly respected (I know we hear this about most coaches) but I would like to see us hire a solid energetic African American D cord.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ejiro Evero sounds like the front runner to become our D cord. Love this if true. He has ties to familiar names... Fangio, Wade Phillips, Hackett. This guy is an up and comer. Highly respected (I know we hear this about most coaches) but I would like to see us hire a solid energetic African American D cord.
How does race factor in?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does race factor in?

Not going into much detail on this but I have been around enough football teams and football players to know that it does matter. That is all I am going to say.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some rumblings this morning that Eberflus and Getsy could have a mutual interest in Getsy becoming the OC for the Bears. Getsy may feel he can grow better under a defensive minded coach allowing him to take more control of the offense then if he was to come to a team like Denver.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need someone on the staff with previous Head Coaching experience.

It is hard to know what you don’t know. Learning through failures on the job.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Albright was reporting Adam Stenavich Is the first choice of Hackett’s for OC. Also sounding like Hackett may call plays for the offense.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Albright was reporting Adam Stenavich Is the first choice of Hackett’s for OC. Also sounding like Hackett may call plays for the offense.

Stenavich is likely to become the Packers OC. I don't believe Green Bay is going to let him go. I think most would be SHOCKED if Hackett doesn't call plays here.