• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NE Patriots Rumors and Rumors of Rumors 2022

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams have contacted BB about getting Damien Harris.

Rumor is that Bill want their #3.

Rams have no #1.
No #4 or #5.

They have three #6s and they're willing to give all of them to BB for Harris.

#2 and the #3 are their best picks of 2023.

Word heard is that that Bill might take them considering the Rams are hurting and Kupp took a couple last night.

With the deadline tomorrow at 2:00, would this be a good move??

His contract is up this year? If so, I guess I'd take the #3 though he's worth a #2 IMO.

Stevenson has made Harris a bit expendable though if he gets injured we're screwed.

If an offer actually was made for Harris I'd assume BB is strongly considering it.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams have contacted BB about getting Damien Harris.

Rumor is that Bill want their #3.

Rams have no #1.
No #4 or #5.

They have three #6s and they're willing to give all of them to BB for Harris.

#2 and the #3 are their best picks of 2023.

Word heard is that that Bill might take them considering the Rams are hurting and Kupp took a couple last night.

With the deadline tomorrow at 2:00, would this be a good move??
It would be if they send Patricia too

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His contract is up this year? If so, I guess I'd take the #3 though he's worth a #2 IMO.

Stevenson has made Harris a bit expendable though if he gets injured we're screwed.

If an offer actually was made for Harris I'd assume BB is strongly considering it.
If Jim at a number 3. Injury might mean we could sign him cheap, depending on the injury. I don’t see him as better than average RB so a 2 is out of reach.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots have not made a move. One hour to the deadline.

News and rumors tracker​

• Miami is bringing star pass rusher Bradley Chubb in from the Broncos in exchange for a 2023 first-round draft pick. | Report
  • The Steelers will acquire cornerback Will Jackson III from the Commanders. | Report
  • The Steelers have sent wide receiver Chase Claypool to the Bears, getting a second-round draft pick back in return. | Report
  • The Patriots do not plan to trade Isaiah Wynn. | Report
  • The Vikings have acquired tight end T.J. Hockenson from the Lions, sending second- and third-round selections to their division rivals to complete the trade. Detroit is sending Hockenson, as well as a pair of fourth-rounders, including one that is conditional. This means that the Patriots will face Hockenson in Week 12.
  • The Los Angeles Rams reportedly offered “multiple first-round picks” to the Carolina Panthers for linebacker Brian Burns. | Report
  • The Bears are among the teams having called the Patriots to inquire about Kendrick Bourne. | Report
  • The Ravens have reportedly acquired LB Roquan Smith via trade from the Bears. | Report
  • Isaiah Wynn, Damien Harris and Jabrill Peppers have drawn interest from other teams. | Report
  • The Patriots received calls on all their veteran wide receivers. | Report
  • Kendrick Bourne and Nelson Agholor are creating a buzz ahead of the trade deadline. | Report

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah we talked about this. With the cap space as it is I cannot see BB making moves less it be strictly trading assets away for draft picks. This team is not a contender this year no sense in act rambunctious at this point

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah we talked about this. With the cap space as it is I cannot see BB making moves less it be strictly trading assets away for draft picks. This team is not a contender this year no sense in act rambunctious at this point
I still think it's much better to trade players who you know will resign or you will not resign next year.

Wynn, Agholor, D. Harris all fall into that category. Then again, Henry and Jonnu are free agents too. Take whatever you can get and keep moving.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill did nothing for the first time in years.

Packers were scurrying like hell looking for a WR. They just won't pay up and were left dry.

Missed on Claypool and a couple of others. Called the Patriots but BB wasn't listening to 2024 7th round offers.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife just got up. She walks up to me and the first thing she says,

"Guess who might be coming back to 'your' Patriots next year?"

"I stand up, kiss her and say, "Good morning to you too. Don't tell me, Josh McDaniel?"

She laughs, "Bigger, Much Bigger."

I look at her smiling from ear to ear and I ask, "TB12?"

She says that she heard it on TV last night and she wasn't watching the game when I went to bed at the end of the third quarter.

Did anyone on this board hear anything even close to this???

My wife is a huge TB fan. She says that she's not pulling my leg and that heard this rumor on whatever station she was watchiung late last night. She's usually tuned into CNN and they don't report much sports stuff.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"I stand up, kiss her and say, "Good morning to you too. Don't tell me, Josh McDaniel?"

She says that she heard it on TV last night and she wasn't watching the game when I went to bed at the end of the third quarter.

My wife is a huge TB fan. She says that she's not pulling my leg and that heard this rumor on whatever station she was watchiung late last night. She's usually tuned into CNN and they don't report much sports stuff.
There are rumors floating about in the on line media, I read a few yesterday. I trust very little on line news, if TB12 comes back one has to wonder if it's to retire.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are rumors floating about in the on line media, I read a few yesterday. I trust very little on line news, if TB12 comes back one has to wonder if it's to retire.
Yeah, the rumors are everywhere.

Part of me wonders if he didn't leave because the Brazilian wanted him too.
Another part says, yes, he is coming back, for a day. Then he's going to the $37.5 million a year Fox job that is waiting for him after he retires a Patriot. Remember Bruce Arians came out and said he would not let TB out of his contract because it would be stupid and bad business (Not Verbatim and no, I'm not digging up a thread for you Upchuck) So TB unretired to play out his final year for Tampa.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the rumors are everywhere.

Part of me wonders if he didn't leave because the Brazilian wanted him too.
Another part says, yes, he is coming back, for a day. Then he's going to the $37.5 million a year Fox job that is waiting for him after he retires a Patriot. Remember Bruce Arians came out and said he would not let TB out of his contract because it would be stupid and bad business (Not Verbatim and no, I'm not digging up a thread for you Upchuck) So TB unretired to play out his final year for Tampa.
I do remember the Arians comments, no thread needed.

It would be cool for him to come here take one more snap, a knee and call it a career

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be cool for him to come here take one more snap, a knee and call it a career
Jeff Howe of the Athletic says that BB and TB have done a ton of repair work. Howe says nthat TB will seriously consider playing his final season in 2023 with BB in New England.

Howe also says that BB will seriously consider trading Mac if TB comes back.

IF, and I strongly say IF , this does happen, Bill will have to do several things.

1. Get an OC that Tommy can work with.
2. Spend the CAP money on experienced OTs
3. Sign a high end WR.

If, again I say IF, that does happen, the Patriots will be in the AFCCG in January 2024.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I read it, yawn.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Howe of the Athletic says that BB and TB have done a ton of repair work. Howe says nthat TB will seriously consider playing his final season in 2023 with BB in New England.

IF, and I strongly say IF , this does happen, Bill will have to do several things.

3. Sign a high end WR.

If, again I say IF, that does happen, the Patriots will be in the AFCCG in January 2024.
Well...They have +/- $100 mil in cap space, and Bill is already getting players to restructure to free up more cap space...

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

3. Sign a high end WR.

They would have CAP space.

I say FA get the best LT available and maybe a Guard. Draft a OT and a Center. We all love Andrews but he seems hurt a lot. Then grab best X receiver you can on draft. If TB is to play get the best FA slot receiver available. Get rid of Jonnu Smith retain Henry draft a TE

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol so now its brady to the rescue:suds:
no thx u do notice that tampa is 5-6 and has way more talent than us
nobody is doing good with this Oline
btw missed in all the O problems is the D actually sucked too

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol so now its brady to the rescue:suds:
no thx u do notice that tampa is 5-6 and has way more talent than us
nobody is doing good with this Oline
btw missed in all the O problems is the D actually sucked too
As far as TB12 I hope it's just to come in and retire, the old one day contract.

I don't think the D sucked so much it's more they are exhausted. Look at time of possesion it's pathetic