• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NE Patriots Off Season and Pre-Season

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game alone will get him considered for the NFL HOF

He's in the Pat's HOF for sure.
Ummm no sorry. Isn't this the same game in which James White was snubbed for SB MVP? Sorry but the play of White and to a degree Brady and Jules are as significant as any contribution Danny made.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm no sorry. Isn't this the same game in which James White was snubbed for SB MVP? Sorry but the play of White and to a degree Brady and Jules are as significant as any contribution Danny made.
Did I say that his contribution was any more than Brady, Edelman or White?

You disagree with my opinion and that's fine.

Danny made a significant impact during his time with the Patriots.

Why does any player prior to 2001 belong in the Patriots' HOF? Not one ever won a Super Bowl. Only two teams won the AFC Championship.
There are arguments for and against many things. Without Malcolm Mitchell the Patriots would not have beaten the Chiefs or won the SB against the Rams.

That's why sports are great. It forces us to validate our opinions.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I say that his contribution was any more than Brady, Edelman or White?

You disagree with my opinion and that's fine.

Danny made a significant impact during his time with the Patriots.

Why does any player prior to 2001 belong in the Patriots' HOF? Not one ever won a Super Bowl. Only two teams won the AFC Championship.
There are arguments for and against many things. Without Malcolm Mitchell the Patriots would not have beaten the Chiefs or won the SB against the Rams.

That's why sports are great. It forces us to validate our opinions.
Yeah we are not talking about sports as a whole sport, the comment was about Danny and the Pats HOF. I can't see where two years with a team would justify making their HOF. As for the one SB game you are correct his contributions are no greater than the aforementioned players so how does that game alone warrant his getting into the Pats HOF. Sorry makes no sense.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah we are not talking about sports as a whole sport, the comment was about Danny and the Pats HOF. I can't see where two years with a team would justify making their HOF. As for the one SB game you are correct his contributions are no greater than the aforementioned players so how does that game alone warrant his getting into the Pats HOF. Sorry makes no sense.
There are only 30 people in the Pats HOF. 28 are players and two are contributors (Billy Sullivan and Gil Santos).

I agree that Amendola wasn't here very long, but Randy Moss has been considered and if he gets in, then the flood gates will be open. Maybe there should be a minimum number of years or games.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are only 30 people in the Pats HOF. 28 are players and two are contributors (Billy Sullivan and Gil Santos).

I agree that Amendola wasn't here very long, but Randy Moss has been considered and if he gets in, then the flood gates will be open. Maybe there should be a minimum number of years or games.
Yeah there should be some criteria as to time with team. What Moss did in 2007 was amazing but in the end the lost so I can't see him. But you are correct it may open the gates.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah there should be some criteria as to time with team. What Moss did in 2007 was amazing but in the end the lost so I can't see him. But you are correct it may open the gates.
Moss was one of the best WR's of all time.
In an unparrelled season he was at the very top of the reasons we were undefeated.

We could argue anything??????

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was 5.
With 3 SB appearances and 2 SB wins.

Makes a difference.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was 5.
With 3 SB appearances and 2 SB wins.

Makes a difference.
Mehh maybe I still can't see it. I just don't see how is HOF worthy. But hey if people like it I don't really care, all that shit is silly to me.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not HOF worthy but Patriots HOF. Team HOF is also about popularity, IMHO

I think everybody is talking about Pats HOF???

I'm on the fence. The guy was great for the Pats and his contributions during the 28-3 game were epic, most notably the 2 point conversion that tied the game which puts chills down my spine and a small tear to my eye every time I watch it.

When he left the Pats he said some shit about BB so his popularity takes a hit in my book.

Vrabel and a few others would need to get in first before I'd personally consider it.

But he was great, albeit often injured, and he's certainly no JE11.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't feel Amendola is Patriots Hall of Fame worthy. Not even close. He wouldn't even be on the team if he didn't renegotiate his contract for less money every year.

I know stats don't tell all.... but....

65 catches for 648 yards and 3 tds was his best season.

He was clutch for sure. But certainly not an All Time Patriots great.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't feel Amendola is Patriots Hall of Fame worthy. Not even close. He wouldn't even be on the team if he didn't renegotiate his contract for less money every year.

I know stats don't tell all.... but....

65 catches for 648 yards and 3 tds was his best season.

He was clutch for sure. But certainly not an All Time Patriots great.

That kinda puts it back into perspective for me. I have all the feelies because of that Super Bowl but you bring up great points.

Fuck him. No HOF.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not HOF worthy but Patriots HOF. Team HOF is also about popularity, IMHO
I would like to think its about more than that. But even at that I can't ever remember thinking or anyone saying they were a big fan of Danny.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game alone will get him considered for the NFL HOF

He's in the Pat's HOF for sure.

This just seems like a situation where everyone is right... I take BK's remarks as hyperbole to emphasize how good he was that game. Brady, Edelman, White and even Hogan to a lesser extent were all off the charts once they gained their second half momentum. Wasn't that also the Malcom Mitchell game?