• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #1 NE Patriots v Miami Dolphins 9/11/2022 1:00 PM CBS

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
""I"" think that Kraft needs to sit down with Bill and tell him, not ask, to find an experienced OC and hire him immediately. Then tell him to name a DC and not Patricia. Either Mayo or his son. Doesn't matter, just do it. If he refuses, Give John Gruden a call.

Brady was the glue that kept the team together and McDaniels knew that he could do just about anything with Brady at the helm. This team has lost its direction and if Bill wants to keep moving forward, he needs to make some hard decisions or he shouldn't be making any at all.

Sorry but Bill doesn't have the solidarity behind him to step up and make critical decisions on either side of the ball. One man cannot be GM, Head Coach, OC and DC. and do any of them well.

JMHO.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you mentioned @BigKen you could clearly see the disconnect in play calling all game. Mac constantly thinking to himself, wtf is this play call

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob’s will to win made the Pats great. I know you all hate it when there is a Parcells reference and influence. But hey, that’s where it started, BB D coordinator, then gets a diamond in the rough with Brady. Sorry, but Bill is over the hill. We need a younger more dynamic coach.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team may reek of mediocrity, but putrid seems a bit harsh.
Nope. Putrid pretty much sums it up. Had a hard time watching this game. I know Miami has our number especially in Miami but the Patriots look really bad.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Putrid pretty much sums it up. Had a hard time watching this game. I know Miami has our number especially in Miami but the Patriots look really bad.
You were very patient waiting to respond. I'll reply when a good game shows up proving they're closer to mediocre, but it might be a long wait :).

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@BigKen Review:

1. Mac took a hit early and was knocked over backwards over two players on the ground. Wayching him get up indicated that he got hurt on that play. That occurred in the first quarter.

2. The injury affected his play the entire game and the play calling. The injury also played a part in the fumble by Mac that was picked up by Ingram for a TD.

3. Kendrick Bourne did not enter the game until the fourth quarter and immediately got separation for a 41 yard catch. Bourne spent the rest of the game on the sideline.

4. The Patriots running game was very good initially. Mac's back problem was enough of a concern that he spent most of the remainder of the game in the shotgun to give him and extra second or two. It completely took away the play action pass.

5, The front seven were very good and continually got pressure on Tua. The DBs sucked. On the fourth and seven just before the half, Waddle was let go and Bryant took out Dugger on the crossing. Waddle scores the only Miami Offensive TD.

6. Mac did not take questions from the media after the game. Excuse from BB was that he was being treated for the back injury.

7. Medical expert on the post game show says that X-rays are not done in this day for spinal injuries unless an MRI is not available. He suspects that Mac has severe rib injury if the medical people didn't MRI him. Don't know what's cooking here, unless they're trying to catch BB in a lie or something.

My Summary:
Bill had Bourne in the doghouse because of less than stellar practice performance. When he caught the bomb, BB kicked himself in the ass for allowing Bourne to upstage him. Three times on fourth and short, BB wouldn't let Mac do a sneak. That pretty much says that Mac was limited.

The issues that have been brought up since training camp open were clearly exposed yesterday. Bill said after the game, "We have a lot of work to do." In other words, BB ain't gonna change a fuckin' thing. We have moved into a new era. Bill is now saying "It's on me." Question everything and he still won't give an answer. Sorry Bill, the toilet got flushed, but there are stains that need to be cleaned before company arrives.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other question I have......

Why wasn't there any adjustments on offense? If Mac was hurt, why not run the ball more often?

By the way. One thing that stands out bigger than anything else. In 2021, this team showed that it did not play well from behind.

Yesterday, when the Patriots were down 17-0, they were playing like they were down 37-0. This is going to be a major problem if they don't find a way to correct it OR find somebody to step forward during the game and inject some life into it.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oddly enough I feel that opening drive where the refs missed the call on Parker had an effect on momentum. The Pats were moving the ball well and things just seemed to fall apart from there.

Dammit I like Duggar.

It's a loss, not the end of our world. I would like to think we could have been more productive but that didn't happen. Still seems to me the O line is an issue that will be addressed in FA and Draft next year. This team needs to address the OT position IMO.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2. The injury affected his play the entire game and the play calling. The injury also played a part in the fumble by Mac that was picked up by Ingram for a TD.
How does one player's injury cause other players to be callously unaware? While the blitzer moved into position too late for Mac to recognize it, both Henry and Brown could have been aware and done something. If Brown had reacted another rusher would have gone up the middle but Mac would have seen that guy.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oddly enough I feel that opening drive where the refs missed the call on Parker had an effect on momentum. The Pats were moving the ball well and things just seemed to fall apart from there.

Dammit I like Duggar.

It's a loss, not the end of our world. I would like to think we could have been more productive but that didn't happen. Still seems to me the O line is an issue that will be addressed in FA and Draft next year. This team needs to address the OT position IMO.
Weird things continue to happen in Miami.
Our defense had an effective game overall.
Poor play calling on offense.
TD taken away by an obvious hold by Howard.
Interception by rookie Jack Jones was stolen by veteran Hill - similar to stolen "fumble" last year.
Tua did not have a good game but is now 4-0 against Belichick and Patriots.
Turnovers killed us. Mistakes did not help.
Going to Miami early did not help. Patriots looked tired before the game. Ran out of steam in 2nd quarter.

It is not a round ball. Miami got all the breaks - as usual.
We're on to Pittsbugh

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as a result he got hurt... Thanks OL!

The suspected OC is the the OL coach.

I don't want to go and be a Matty P hater especially if it isn't warranted but didn't it seem like the Pats defense got way better after he left and then kinda resorted back to bend and break after he retuned? "Senior Football Advisor"? Coincidence?

I know everybody is saying the defense played good yesterday but Miami was still able to move the ball and get first downs while simultaneously killing the clock. And then our offense, even when moving the ball, helped kill the clock for Miami.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The suspected OC is the the OL coach.

I don't want to go and be a Matty P hater especially if it isn't warranted but didn't it seem like the Pats defense got way better after he left and then kinda resorted back to bend and break after he retuned? "Senior Football Advisor"? Coincidence?

I know everybody is saying the defense played good yesterday but Miami was still able to move the ball and get first downs while simultaneously killing the clock. And then our offense, even when moving the ball, helped kill the clock for Miami.
We lost the game in the 2nd quarter.
Coming back in the Miami heat was not an ideal situation - doing it when the offense kept giving the ball back was impossible

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember of few of use wishing BB would hire an actual O Line coach instead of playing god.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We lost the game in the 2nd quarter.
Coming back in the Miami heat was not an ideal situation - doing it when the offense kept giving the ball back was impossible

I feel this years team(based on yesterday in Miami) seems eerily similar to last years. We allow the other teams offense to move the ball and kill the clock and give up some points but not a ton, consistently keeping the game within reach. Then our offense moves the ball a bit while killing the clock and often comes up empty.

It's so close to working but there's just something missing.