• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Cowboys/Packers smack talk thread

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should I take your word for anything? You've already shown just in the past 10 minutes that you didn't watch the games.

That was one game and as I stated Rollins was the main guy covering him. Rollins is recovering from a neck and concussion injury and Packers are playing it safe with him right now since they don't rush anyone back too soon. He's in the final steps in concussion protocol but with the way the secondary performed vs the Lions and Giants I doubt they will use him if at all.

Gunter will shadow Dez
Randall on Williams
Hyde on Beastly
Morgan on Witten

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were up in the Bears game 27-10 with 13 minutes to go and went into soft coverage/zone as we sometimes do when we're destroying teams in the 4th. They play not to lose and give up wide open passes because they play 10 yards off the WR's when up by a big lead. We did this vs the Seachickens in the 2015 NFC CG and we were beaten. This is why I called for Dom to be fired since that game.

GB's pass defense is #22 and Dal's is #18 despite all the injuries and late game zone/soft coverage Dal's pass defense is ranked only 4 spots higher. This is from your favorite website in football outsiders.

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | 2016 DEFENSE EFFICIENCY RATINGS

Sure Dez could have a good game and I would give him credit for it if he does. As of right now we have the best health we've had all season, the secondary is playing at it's best with Randall coming off his best Pro Football Focus Score of the Year, Hyde has been consistently great in the slot the last 5 weeks and Gunter has been lining up vs elite WR's and has done an excellent job.
They were up 27-10 and nearly blew the game because of their secondary and their offense not doing shit. Chicago had the ball 1st and goal with under 2 mins left and a chance to take the lead and they ended up kicking a FG. I don't care what you say. You can't chalk that up as garbage time when they nearly lost.

I'm pretty sure the Cowboys have had several injuries in their secondary as well this year. But I know, you only watch the Packers and nobody else. But then again, I'm not even sure you watch the Packers either. I'm not even sure why you are bringing up football outsiders either. I'm not the one defending the Cowboys secondary. You are defending the Packers atrocious secondary. All that football outsiders link did was prove what I already know, the Packers have a below average secondary and considering they already have trouble stopping the run and considering better run defenses have not been able to stop Dallas' rushing attack, it could be a long day for you.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was one game and as I stated Rollins was the main guy covering him. Rollins is recovering from a neck and concussion injury and Packers are playing it safe with him right now since they don't rush anyone back too soon. He's in the final steps in concussion protocol but with the way the secondary performed vs the Lions and Giants I doubt they will use him if at all.

Gunter will shadow Dez
Randall on Williams
Hyde on Beastly
Morgan on Witten

With that man to man matchup, Zeke will run for at least 170 yds. Good luck with that.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gunter will shadow Dez
Randall on Williams
Hyde on Beastly
Morgan on Witten

Let me stop you right there. I know it was one game. And stopping Julio Jones, Hilton, and Beckham are just four games, but they seem to mean a lot according to you and the other Packer fan. And if we are being honest here, you didn't stop Beckham last week. He stopped himself. He dropped a TD pass and played terrible. They also didn't look that great against the Lions either. Matt Stafford missed Golden Tate who was completely wide open in the first quarter for an easy TD. Stafford was also less than 100%. He did not look the same for the rest of the season after he got injured against the Bears.

I look at the bigger picture. The Packers secondary overall is below average, so saying that Dez can't be a difference maker based on a small sample size of stopping receivers so called better than Dez is just retarded. Every team is different. Game plans are different. Adjustments are different.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of guys stopped Deandre Hopkins this year. Just saying...

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You initially questioned that he wasn't 100% for the last six years. I counted the last six years for you since you're incapable of that. Are you that absent minded that you forgot about you initial post?

The Irrefutable facts are Mason has made 21 of his last 21 while Danny has done nothing but kick 33% in the postseason.

Says he counted the last 6 years, but to get to 21 you have to count 7 years, but doesn't count the miss 7 years ago.

Someone get some concrete and set these goalposts permanently please.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 more days bitches

I am stoked

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THIS YEAR. On FG's, not XP

So you talk about Crosby being better than Baily because of historical stats, I challenge that, and you change to current year stats.

Cool, he made 2 FG's indoors this year. Must be better than Dan. :L
And Bailey had a back injury that bothered him for a bit this year.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
09000d5d8208e544_video_cp.jpg

I'm just hoping Jason Garrett lets Tony get in the game to hold for FGs.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was discussed much earlier in this thread. Not only was Gunter not playing good we had the #5 and #6 corners Brice and Goodson playing as well. In Sundays game Brice and Goodson the #5 and #6 corners will not be playing with Rollins being back and Gunter has improved significantly over the last 2 years especially the second half of the season and has been playing #1 corner quality. So the corner position will be much better than back in week 5.

In looking how the Packers did against 3 of the top 5 receivers this year they did fairly well holding them to less than their average per game numbers.

Julio Jones ranked #1 in the NFL in yards per game at 100.6 yards a game was held to 3 catches for 29 yards and no TDs

Hilton ranked #3 in yards per game at 90.5 yards per game was held to 6 catches for 82 yards and no TDs

Beckham ranked #5 in yards per game at 85.4 yards per game. The first game early in the season he was held to 5 catches for 56 yards and did score 1 TD in the loss. The second game last week he was held to 4 catches for 28 yards and no TDS so a bit of an improvement.

Dez Bryant is ranked 35th in the NFL at 61.2 yards per game so not near the quality of the top 5. Looking at this info it does not look like bringing Dez Bryant into this game isthat big of a difference as the Pack defense has worked agianst much better and held them under their averages.
Seriously dude, you put a pro Packer spin on EVERYTHING:cheer2:

If your guys did something well you shout it from the rooftops and expect it to happen over and over again. If they did something poorly you tell us how there's no way that ever happens again.

I've said over and over I think this game is a toss up and I respect the Hell out of Rodgers and am not looking forward to facing him. But there is a reason your team was 5-5 outside of your division

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
09000d5d8208e544_video_cp.jpg

I'm just hoping Jason Garrett lets Tony get in the game to hold for FGs.
Yeah, too bad Tony didn't secure that ball as well as the guys that guard the bathrooms for Ben when he is raping women

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gunter will shadow Dez
Randall on Williams
Hyde on Beastly
Morgan on Witten
Will gunter move around or stay of the right side? They will definitively move Dez around to get him on Randall as much as possible.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping T Smith is healthy and that Matthews shipment of PEDs was delayed this week. They need to put that juicer in a Geico commercial with those cavemen.
upload_2017-1-13_9-16-17.jpeg

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think fans of both teams have used this cliche a couple times now in this thread.
Not anywhere close to the Rodgers Gunther BS. I'm starting to believe Gunther will shut down Dez, Bailey, and Williams all by himself, leaving the rest of the DB only having to concentrate on Witten. I made my fan call to Jerry last night and told him he may as well keep his boys at home, the outcome is surely a GB win. I won't even need to waste my time watching. Hell maybe Atl, Seattle, NE, Houston, Pitt and KC sgoukd call their seasons too, no one is stopping that GB train.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear God

Its me, Dirt

Please let the Packers win, so I could see what this place looks like on Monday

Thanks,
5 Hail Marys and stuff, I know