• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dallas Cowboys RB

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well last year, with their 'franchise' RB Pollard around, Dallas Rb's, as a whole unit, garnered a grand total of 453 touches (371 carries, 82 catches), that's 26.6 per game. And remember, that's accounting for having a RB who was SUPPOSSED to be a 'bell cow' with 307 of those touches to his name (18.1 per game). The plan was not a committee whatsoever.

Now with 'the plan' going in to be a 2 or 3 man committee, and, with the at least perceived downgrade in RB quality, we HAVE to assume that it'll be even less focused on the RB which I can only assume means no one is going to be averaging more than 13-15 touches a game, probably less, I can't even see a hot hand type situation, no one will get a feel for the flow enough to develop a hot hand

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well last year, with their 'franchise' RB Pollard around, Dallas Rb's, as a whole unit, garnered a grand total of 453 touches (371 carries, 82 catches), that's 26.6 per game. And remember, that's accounting for having a RB who was SUPPOSSED to be a 'bell cow' with 307 of those touches to his name (18.1 per game). The plan was not a committee whatsoever.

Now with 'the plan' going in to be a 2 or 3 man committee, and, with the at least perceived downgrade in RB quality, we HAVE to assume that it'll be even less focused on the RB which I can only assume means no one is going to be averaging more than 13-15 touches a game, probably less, I can't even see a hot hand type situation, no one will get a feel for the flow enough to develop a hot hand
I'm curious what do you feel Zeke value is in the trade market in FF? Asking because I just traded him in my SF league and for rather cheap.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious what do you feel Zeke value is in the trade market in FF? Asking because I just traded him in my SF league and for rather cheap.

What did you trade him away for?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would have said more than pierce... but cowboys get as much hate as they do love...
Well tried like heck to trade Zeke last year, as I was trading vets for picks every chance I got. Absolutely no one was interested. This season during the league draft someone offered a 4th for him. So I was just going to keep him, but I tried to trade for Pierce (for cheap of course) with a different team and offered a third for him and was rejected and wasn't willing to offer a second, thus I offered Zeke for him straight up. Zeke would of been a waste on my team and I wanted youth. If Piece busts, well then so be it. I can live with it.

Last edited:

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you think? To cheap, OK, a steal?

I'd file that in the OK bucket. Not sure you're getting any more than that from anyone, and you got a younger cuff RB tied to an up and coming offense. I value a cuff back like Pierce at a 3rd rd rookie pick if I have Mixon, and that's what I'd pay for Zeke at this point too.

Zeke will see more touches this year unless Mixon gets hurt, but as you mentioned, you aren't playing for this year. Pierce should at the very least still be on an NFL roster in 2 years, hard to claim the same for Zeke.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would you give for Zeke?

if i was a zeke owner... there is not much i would take for him right now.... clearly, if it was a clear win of a trade i would do it... but anything else, i would hold him... his value is very low right now... he either keeps the low expectations and i have to drop him, or i get a kings ransom for him... no middles...

cowboys, we know have a good offense, a goof offensive line... why trade him for peanuts... because now remember, now you have peanuts on your team who will likely have the same bench seat as you were planning on having for zeke...

IMO, zeke is a perfect wait and see guy... probably the biggest example of that this season...

and i would be happy today to "overpay" for him... i would give up a Mike Williams or better type.... again thats spitballing off the top of my head... not even sure if Williams value is higher or lower than zeke's

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if i was a zeke owner... there is not much i would take for him right now.... clearly, if it was a clear win of a trade i would do it... but anything else, i would hold him... his value is very low right now... he either keeps the low expectations and i have to drop him, or i get a kings ransom for him... no middles...

cowboys, we know have a good offense, a goof offensive line... why trade him for peanuts... because now remember, now you have peanuts on your team who will likely have the same bench seat as you were planning on having for zeke...

IMO, zeke is a perfect wait and see guy... probably the biggest example of that this season...

and i would be happy today to "overpay" for him... i would give up a Mike Williams or better type.... again thats spitballing off the top of my head... not even sure if Williams value is higher or lower than zeke's
No Way Abandon Thread GIF

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dameon Pierce.
Like Monkey, I'd rank it as a push. ... I think I would've tried for a combo deal (a two 'fer - if you have anyone you'd want to add) for an upgrade somewhere or picks. I also think you'll find the market to be just as soft on Pierce as it was on Zeke - so trade value remains basically the same - - that is unless the guy with Mixon is looking to cuff. He disappointed too many people by failing of the map. ...

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

its tough to say, he's obviously only a realistic target for a win now team. Most 'win now' teams aren't desperate exactly in a desperate situation for a RB who isn't going to get a ton of touches, so we're talking about a depth piece, for a team that's most likely to have a lower expected draft position, as your possible target market.
I wouldn't MIGHT GIVE a 2nd rounder, or equivalent younger player for him. (I think D. Peirce is spot on, maybe just a small tick of an underpay, but pretty accurate)

If I had him, and was looking to trade him away, I'd be ecstatic to receive a 2nd rounder for him.

BTW, the one place where I do have him, Bandit's D? I need a usable WR, ya know, just in case you're interested :)

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, the one place where I do have him, Bandit's D? I need a usable WR, ya know, just in case you're interested :)

If you're interested in completing the backfield with Dowdle, give me a holler!

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why people keep saying this. they haven't had a great line for years. ON paper, sure they SHOULD have had great lines most of those years, but when Zack Martin and Tyron Smith don't play more than 3-5 games, that 'great' line becomes average at best the other 10-12 games.
And now they don't have Tyron Smith any longer, Zack Martin will likely miss half the season again, cuz that's just how it goes, and they lost their starting center in free agency. PFF has them as the projected 16th ranked O-line, and I'd say that's probably pretty accurate. They need a couple reserves and/or rookies to step up and really perform to be any better than average at best. Very realistic possibility that those rookies/reserves don't meet expectations and the line is sub par.

certainly not a check mark in the plus column as to a valuation on Zeke, or any other Cowboys RB

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why people keep saying this. they haven't had a great line for years. ON paper, sure they SHOULD have had great lines most of those years, but when Zack Martin and Tyron Smith don't play more than 3-5 games, that 'great' line becomes average at best the other 10-12 games.
And now they don't have Tyron Smith any longer, Zack Martin will likely miss half the season again, cuz that's just how it goes, and they lost their starting center in free agency. PFF has them as the projected 16th ranked O-line, and I'd say that's probably pretty accurate. They need a couple reserves and/or rookies to step up and really perform to be any better than average at best. Very realistic possibility that those rookies/reserves don't meet expectations and the line is sub par.

certainly not a check mark in the plus column as to a valuation on Zeke, or any other Cowboys RB
He didn't say good, he said goof. ;)

But seriously, you're right. They expect the draft pick to fill in at center right away. The OL is hurting.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@HaroldSeattle - I think Zeke has value as a goal line vulture this year...until the obvious is figured out.

Then he's gonna retire in all his glory as a Cowboy.

I'm good with the Pierce trade.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Personally, i think Zeke's abilities are trending down. Someone did a study on RB with 1800 or more touches.... (my kind of article btw, but wasnt me), and historically, RB dont get better after 1800 touches. Zeke is at 2421 for his career.

And if you look at his career - about the timeframe he hit 1800 - his ypc was dipping.

To me you unloaded a player you'd probably be benching a lot. If not outright cutting later into the season.