• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Cowboys/Packers smack talk thread

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
keyword was Houston

So, I hate the cowboys because I'm an Astros fan? Where is the logic in that?

I'm not even from Houston.

No, I hate the cowboys because of how Jerry Jones fired Tom Landry and how the typical cowboys fan runs their mouth. I grew up a Steelers fan in the 70s but liked Tom Landry, Roger Staubach, Tony Dorsette, Robert Newhouse, Preston Pearson, Randy White, "Too Tall", etc. the way Jerry canned Tom was a completely classless dick head move. I've hated the Cowboys ever since. Then when Dallas was winning in the 90s, the average cowboy fan became an asshole. Not all of them, but a majority. I have friends that are cowboy fans that I simply can not watch football with. They think the gold standard in football is everything Dallas Cowboys and nothing can stop them from going to and winning the Superbowl. They are just that much better than any other team in the NFL. Others are more objective and I don't have a problem with them.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without Jordy Nelson, does Green Bay have any WR with that kind of speed? Adams and Cobb are great and all, but I don't associate them with game breaking speed like an Odell Beckham has.
Unlike Dez they actually catch the ball.
Cue :peep:@Hank Kingsley INCOMING:eek:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Proclaiming that Dez/Romo was the greatest redzone threat from 2010-2015, being proven wrong, and then saying "well, that was just an opinion". That is the typical cowboys fan. Talk shit without anything to back it up.

Dallas did go 13-3 this year and it's a great season. You deserve to have bragging rights. However, many cowboy fans think there is nothing that can stop them from winning the SB this year.
No, He made a mistake and owned up. It's different.

Please point out a few cowboy fans thinking that. There are many of us here. I've yet to see one say it with any type of guarantee. Heck, point out ONE rational Cowboy fan who is saying it...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, I hate the cowboys because of how Jerry Jones fired Tom Landry and how the typical cowboys fan runs their mouth. I grew up a Steelers fan in the 70s but liked Tom Landry, Roger Staubach, Tony Dorsette, Robert Newhouse, Preston Pearson, Randy White, "Too Tall", etc. the way Jerry canned Tom was a completely classless dick head move. I've hated the Cowboys ever since. Then when Dallas was winning in the 90s, the average cowboy fan became an asshole. Not all of them, but a majority. I have friends that are cowboy fans that I simply can not watch football with. They think the gold standard in football is everything Dallas Cowboys and nothing can stop them from going to and winning the Superbowl. They are just that much better than any other team in the NFL. Others are more objective and I don't have a problem with them.
LOL...personally I love when people bring up that one. I always take it as I liked them until they stunk...guess what, none of us likes Jerry...

On the Hoop we call that second group Patriot fans...

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think it's a nightmare matchup for GB

Rodgers and the offense will be fine, he's just too damn good

But Dallas will limit his possessions with clock killing drives that end in TDs

That will apply so much pressure on Rodgers to score on every possession

You must be expecting something completely different than what occurred in the first game back in week 6.
The time of possession was 30:10 for GB and 29:50 for Dallas with GB having 4 turnovers which limited their time with the ball. The thing is the Packer defense is significantly improved from back in week 6.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must be expecting something completely different than what occurred in the first game back in week 6.
The time of possession was 30:10 for GB and 29:50 for Dallas with GB having 4 turnovers which limited their time with the ball. The thing is the Packer defense is significantly improved from back in week 6.

I'd expect Garrett to be more conscious of the fact that he's facing a QB on some legendary type tear right and playcall accordingly. Packers winning wouldn't surprise me in the least

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not, you are, no?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's all good...
It's a Houston/Dallas thing and it all started back in the Landry & Luv ya Blue days.

Big Astro fan back in the day. Jimmy Wynn, Dennis Menke, Don Wilson, Larry Dierker & Cesar Cedeno. LOVED Jesus Alou....pissed my Dad off when I'd imitate him in the box back in my Little League days. LOL

Seems the Houston folks have a nasty thing for my Rangers now.

also....most long standing Cowboy fans hate all that is Jerry Jones, and as I say often, we wanna win inspite of all that is Jerry

Good luck to your Steelers. Wouldn't mind a Pittsburgh/Dallas SB one bit.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team Opponent H/A Stadium Result Attend

10/16/2016 Green Bay Packers Dallas Cowboys H Lambeau Field (Green Bay, WI) L 30-16 78,481
12/13/2015 Green Bay Packers Dallas Cowboys H Lambeau Field (Green Bay, WI) W 28-7 78,369
01/11/2015 * Green Bay Packers Dallas Cowboys H Lambeau Field (Green Bay, WI) W 26-21 79,704
12/15/2013 Green Bay Packers Dallas Cowboys A AT&T Stadium (Arlington, TX) W 37-36 91,054
11/07/2010 Green Bay Packers Dallas Cowboys H Lambeau Field (Green Bay, WI) W 45-7 70,913
11/15/2009 Green Bay Packers Dallas Cowboys H Lambeau Field (Green Bay, WI) W 17-7 70,894

So what I hear is that this current team is 1-0 against the Pack.

Soon to be 2-0.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
psst....cowboys are better too.

should be a good one

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That sounds like the view a lot of Oiler and Texan fans have of Dallas.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or turning the ball over gave us a short field so we scored faster than if you gave it to us at the 25.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
psst....cowboys are better too.

should be a good one

We faced them, and doubled them up, without Dez and an untested Dak.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3