• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No rebuild- PC and Jody Allen

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bellicheck is best head coach in football history
Of course he is, yet there were some Pats fans that would of rather keep Brady and dump Belichick. They credit Brady for those Super Bowls and figured the Pats were cooked without him. It's not that different then the discussion taking place here.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah if only they kept drafting Hall of Fame corners in the 5th round, we wouldn't be where we are today.
you think the problem is our corners? now youre just being an obtuse twat
The Seahawks 2012-2014 defense was an historically great defense. Comparable to the 70s Steelers and late 90s Ravens. So, sure, all we need to do is get back to having that defense and then we don't need a great QB.
we also had a dominant run game. instead of sticking with that they traded away OL for TEs and drafted soft RBs like penny

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you think the problem is our corners? now youre just being an obtuse twat

No, dipshit, my point is that the Seahawks drafted a slew of elite players in a very short period of time that enabled the team to create one of the best defensive teams in the history of the NFL. Whether it was drafting Sherman or Wagner or Chancellor or Thomas or bringing guys like Michael Bennett in on the cheap.

If that was easy to do then they would have done it again. Other teams would do it repeatedly. Except they don't. Because it isn't repeatable.

we also had a dominant run game. instead of sticking with that they traded away OL for TEs and drafted soft RBs like penny

Yeah how could they not see that Penny, who was never injured in high school or college, would be constantly injured in the pros?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he is, yet there were some Pats fans that would of rather keep Brady and dump Belichick. They credit Brady for those Super Bowls and figured the Pats were cooked without him. It's not that different then the discussion taking place here.

I didn't see too many Patriot fans saying that they should keep Brady. He was 42 years old when he left New England.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see too many Patriot fans saying that they should keep Brady. He was 42 years old when he left New England.
There was discussion on it. Some goes back quiet a ways but here is a example.

Belichick.png

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was discussion on it. Some goes back quiet a ways but here is a example.

View attachment 285948
Well I'm sure there were some.

Just like there are some here that want us to fire JS and PC and get rid of Russ so we can be absolutely terrible next year so we can have good draft picks in the future.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm sure there were some.

Just like there are some here that want us to fire JS and PC and get rid of Russ so we can be absolutely terrible next year so we can have good draft picks in the future.
I feel the discussion revolves around "is further success sustainable" or is a rebuild necessary. Some feel it is (sustainable)....with a new staff, some feel we just need to tweak the roster some ( Like Pete does), some feel a rebuild is necessary. Any one of them could be correct. I feel a rebuild is needed, might be able to put it off for a year, but that comes at a cost also. I also rather do a rebuild with the present staff ( maybe replace JS) then hire some noob to get on the job training trying to do Petes job.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel the discussion revolves around "is further success sustainable" or is a rebuild necessary. Some feel it is (sustainable)....with a new staff, some feel we just need to tweak the roster some ( Like Pete does), some feel a rebuild is necessary. Any one of them could be correct. I feel a rebuild is needed, might be able to put it off for a year, but that comes at a cost also. I also rather do a rebuild with the present staff ( maybe replace JS) then hire some noob to get on the job training trying to do Petes job.

I just don't see a path where we can do a rebuild with Pete staying on as coach. And it doesn't seem like Pete thinks he can do that either.

It's a chicken or egg problem. To have the cap space where you can rebuild the team means that we would need to get rid of Wagner and Wilson which then means we have no QB. So we would be doomed to a bad year next year. Why would Pete stay on for that?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see a path where we can do a rebuild with Pete staying on as coach. And it doesn't seem like Pete thinks he can do that either.

It's a chicken or egg problem. To have the cap space where you can rebuild the team means that we would need to get rid of Wagner and Wilson which then means we have no QB. So we would be doomed to a bad year next year. Why would Pete stay on for that?
Because he has done it before successfully

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he has done it before successfully

He's done it once 12 years ago. You are pinning a lot of faith on him being able to replicate some historic draft classes including a Hall of Fame level QB.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the 2012 draft was their last good draft, that was almost 10 years ago now. if they threw darts at a board or went with kipers draft board they would have done better.

the patriots, chiefs, bucs, cardinals, colts, titans, even the niners have done a better job.

its not up to me as a fan to find the next GM or coach or QB, thats up to the owner. but as a fan, I can certainly tell when its time to move on and its now.
I still think JS can draft but Pete having final say could be the reason the depth has thinned out over the last few years. Hopefully Pete moves on and let JS pick his next coach with an offensive mind and give him full control of the draft.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball is set up differently because the CBA gives the teams 7 years of control on players. And baseball teams aren't nearly as dependent on pitchers as football teams are dependent on quarterbacks.

This will be the 1st year since 1996 that the Seahawks will wind up in last place of their division. If we get rid of Wilson, it won't be a one time event. I don't think most Hawks fans comprehend what it is like to be a cellar dweller every year. I'm surrounded by Jets and Giants fans and let me tell you, they are miserable. The Giants are about to clean house, again. The Jets just cleaned house last year and already looking at doing it again in the next year or 2.

We should be doing everything we can to keep Russ and work through the transition from our 71 year old coach.
I get it since I too have Giants fans as friends. Keeping Russ is important with the key players we already have on this team. This team isn't dead, just needs a make over and a fresh offensive scheme.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think JS can draft but Pete having final say could be the reason the depth has thinned out over the last few years. Hopefully Pete moves on and let JS pick his next coach with an offensive mind and give him full control of the draft.

That would be my preferred path.

I really don't want to see Pete stick it out another year or two of struggling rebuilding and have that tarnish his legacy here.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, dipshit, my point is that the Seahawks drafted a slew of elite players in a very short period of time that enabled the team to create one of the best defensive teams in the history of the NFL. Whether it was drafting Sherman or Wagner or Chancellor or Thomas or bringing guys like Michael Bennett in on the cheap.
right, they just got lucky throwing darts at the draft board, had nothing to do with building the defense with players that fit the system.
If that was easy to do then they would have done it again. Other teams would do it repeatedly. Except they don't. Because it isn't repeatable.
you draft players that fit the system. ie, if you want to be a power run team, draft players that fit into that. they didnt do that.
Yeah how could they not see that Penny, who was never injured in high school or college, would be constantly injured in the pros?
soft isnt about being injured, he is a finesse back. just look at how he threw himself on the ground yesterday to avoid getting hit. he is a good runner, but he is a lot like shaun alexander, he needs good run blocking or he wont be productive. when we face a good DL, he will get shut down.

so again, they got away from drafting for the system

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if schneider has no control and isnt allowed to make any decisions, what reason do we have to keep him around? just to take a chance and hope he can do better without carroll?

schneider is tainted by terrible drafting and personnel moves, especially the adams trade. that trade alone should be a career killer.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right, they just got lucky throwing darts at the draft board, had nothing to do with building the defense with players that fit the system.

Yes. They got lucky. Just like other teams get lucky. Which is why successful teams don't rely on drafting great players.

you draft players that fit the system. ie, if you want to be a power run team, draft players that fit into that. they didnt do that.

I can't believe they didn't draft Derrick Henry.

soft isnt about being injured, he is a finesse back. just look at how he threw himself on the ground yesterday to avoid getting hit. he is a good runner, but he is a lot like shaun alexander, he needs good run blocking or he wont be productive. when we face a good DL, he will get shut down.

This is complete nonsense. Every running back needs good run blocking to be productive. RBs who get hit behind the line regularly are never productive. RBs who constantly seek contact, constantly get hurt.

so again, they got away from drafting for the system

If only they had you and your hindisght they could have drafted so much better.

But don't worry, once they fire everyone and get rid of Wilson they will bring in guys that will hit on all their draft picks and sign only great players.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would say that PC/JS have been chasing championships the past few years and they went away from their draft board accumulation and tried to trade for big home runs like Adams and Richardson and Clowney. They were running the team like they were on a timer.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow I was just reading through this because it blew up page wise and all I can say is we got people with some EXTEREM homer glasses on big time. No, not homer glasses, BLINDERS!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say that PC/JS have been chasing championships the past few years and they went away from their draft board accumulation and tried to trade for big home runs like Adams and Richardson and Clowney. They were running the team like they were on a timer.
A lot of truth in what you say in your post. Got away from win forever and went with got to win now.

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow I was just reading through this because it blew up page wise and all I can say is we got people with some EXTEREM homer glasses on big time. No, not homer glasses, BLINDERS!

How so?