• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No rebuild- PC and Jody Allen

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

There aren't going to be a ton of teams yearning to give Penny a big contract because of a handful of good games. The Seahawks should offer him an incentive laden contract based on how much he actually plays.
There's only 3 teams I can see that could over pay are the Dolphins which has the most cap space, Jets but they already drafted a rookie RB this past draft and Houston which is at 38mil but they have a ton of holes so probably pass. Everyone else has that does have the cap space already have good RBs. I think our chances are very good.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's only 3 teams I can see that could over pay are the Dolphins which has the most cap space, Jets but they already drafted a rookie RB this past draft and Houston which is at 38mil but they have a ton of holes so probably pass. Everyone else has that does have the cap space already have good RBs. I think our chances are very good.

It's also a matter of risk. Why would some team come in an overpay for a non-premium position player who has fewer than 12 games played in 4 years?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You resign Penny on a team friendly deal therefore they can use the draft pick else where. Just don't over pay for this past months production.
we would still need to draft a RB, or we will be repeating the same mistake we made last year, relying on an injury prone RB to be available.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You resign Penny on a team friendly deal therefore they can use the draft pick else where. Just don't over pay for this past months production.
True, but FA will set his price tag... If I was him, I'd follow the money with his injury history...

It would be great to resign him with an incentive tiers to help him be competitive in the FA market...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we would still need to draft a RB, or we will be repeating the same mistake we made last year, relying on an injury prone RB to be available.
Why couldn't we get one through FA? With this thought process, wouldn't we then have to draft 2 if we lost Penny to FA? We don't have that much capitol which makes it a lot more sense to try and secure Penny... RB's don't break the bank anymore, which is to our advantage...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the team is planning on trading Bobby because of how they pulled him out of the game asap when he got dinged up. If they hold him out of the last game i think it's a sign that they have a plan to do something with him this offseason as far as trades go.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the team is planning on trading Bobby because of how they pulled him out of the game asap when he got dinged up. If they hold him out of the last game i think it's a sign that they have a plan to do something with him this offseason as far as trades go.

I hope you're wrong, as a fan. I've never been as excited about a pick as I was about Bobby (CBS peeps might even remember ;)). I watched him all through college (hometown kid was on his Utah State team) and I've been so fortunate to get to root for him as a Seahawk.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure they'll try to trade him but with his salary and age the return will be disappointing. Seahawks need the 20 million in cap space and teams will be seeing if he simply gets released as a cap causality. We saw this play out with Thomas and Sherman.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it hard to believe that the Hawks would do that to Bobby if he told them he was good to go... Pulled him out of possibly his last home game as a Hawk where he had a HOF career? I don't 'see that being the case...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure they'll try to trade him but with his salary and age the return will be disappointing. Seahawks need the 20 million in cap space and teams will be seeing if he simply gets released as a cap causality. We saw this play out with Thomas and Sherman.
I wouldn't be surprised to see him retire if the Hawks choose to move on from him...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
give wagner an extension and lower his cap hit, I can see him playing late into his career like ray lewis did if we can get better players around him. I think the defense needs his leadership and he can still make some plays.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
give wagner an extension and lower his cap hit, I can see him playing late into his career like ray lewis did if we can get better players around him. I think the defense needs his leadership and he can still make some plays.

A rare moment when we agree.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they can restructure a new agreement with a 2 year contract or something, i'd be all over that...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they can restructure a new agreement with a 2 year contract or something, i'd be all over that...

I will be shocked if they don't restructure his contract, reduce his pay, and dramatically reduce his cap hit. If he were to get 10 million next year, that would be better than he would get on the open market.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nah Bobby is fine and will play at top level for the next 3+ years. You all saying he is done are just out of your mind. The issue is the Linebackers playing 15 yards off the ball that much space would make the fastest Linebacker in the league look slow. He should net the Hawks some nice capital after they resign him for a better cap number.

As for how I feel about Wagner well everyone that use to be on the ESPN board knows no one was more excited than I was. There was a couple of us saying he would be a HoF type player. breaks my heart that we would move on from him but he has value and this team needs draft capital because they were raped by Jamal Adams. I hope they Do what ever they have to do to also trade Adams.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah Bobby is fine and will play at top level for the next 3+ years. You all saying he is done are just out of your mind. The issue is the Linebackers playing 15 yards off the ball that much space would make the fastest Linebacker in the league look slow. He should net the Hawks some nice capital after they resign him for a better cap number.

As for how I feel about Wagner well everyone that use to be on the ESPN board knows no one was more excited than I was. There was a couple of us saying he would be a HoF type player. breaks my heart that we would move on from him but he has value and this team needs draft capital because they were raped by Jamal Adams. I hope they Do what ever they have to do to also trade Adams.
Who is saying that he is, "done"? I haven't seen anyone say that TBH...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is saying that he is, "done"? I haven't seen anyone say that TBH...

People have been saying it for the last 3 months on this very forum. "Bobby is done he is to slow" " He looks old out there" etc etc. Same people that were saying Brooks is awful lol. They kind of slinked off as the season progressed.
homer-simpson-bush-gif.gif

Last edited:

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People have been saying it for the last 3 months on this very forum. "Bobby is done he is to slow" " He looks old out there" etc etc. Same people that were saying Brooks is awful lol. They kind of slinked off as the season progressed.
View attachment 286174
Brooks was great against the run and an excellent tackler, but he was down right horrible in pass defense for most of the year. He seemed to play better in pass d the most recent games (I remember a couple of very good plays against the Bears) but anyone who thinks that he has played well against the pass this year is fooling themselves.

I never said anything bad against Bobby W. He is an all-timer.
I do remember a few folks saying he looked slower, and I did see that a little this year in coverage reaction but he has been fine overall.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly.

There aren't going to be a ton of teams yearning to give Penny a big contract because of a handful of good games. The Seahawks should offer him an incentive laden contract based on how much he actually plays.

So what/how do we define a team friendly price in this case? $2M/yr? Less? If he has another 130+ yard game this Sunday (or anywhere close), it wouldn't surprise me at all if some team out there -- and it only takes 1 -- to come in with some dough and wreck our "team friendly" plans for him. I am not saying we should overpay or outbid the field for a guy who has been challenged to stay on the field, but I just don't think we can unilaterally dictate his contract for '22. The way he's finished out this season is not going to go unnoticed.

Also, we look at him as someone who can't stay healthy, but as of this Sunday's game he will have played in 10+ games in 3 of his 4 years. That's not me saying he's some super durable bellcow, but I bet that's more games played than most people here would guess. If I am his agent, I am going to argue he was healthy enough to play in a lot more games but he wasn't the starter and the team was just being overly cautious as they tend to be. And when he finally got his chance to be RB1, he was out there every week and the numbers speak for themselves.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Bobby Wagner is tradeable. He's turning 32 going into the final year of a deal with a base salary of $16.35M. I think the only 2 realistic options for him are restructure or release.