• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nick Bosa... Can we have a realistic discussion?

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude played 3 games so pretty much everyone was better

Lmao rmilia, give us a freakin break with this nonsense. Thats the answer you're going to give?? Bwahahah

Josey Jewell, yeah, that guy is really gonna clean up on NFL DPOY awards :pound:

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously....I have no fucking idea how you are trying to respond to the post in question. That Watt wasn't deserved of the top pick in his draft, knowing what we know now? That defensive players, no matter how much they've dominated in the pros...they don't deserve to be top 10 picks?

The post/link showed that stats aren't everything....especially when translating to the pros......and this is your counter?
Your delusional. I just said Bosa wasn’t worth the #1 pick. You brought up Watt, for whatever reason. Watt was not a top 10 pick. Where is you delusional ass going with this?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao rmilia, give us a freakin break with this nonsense. Thats the answer you're going to give?? Bwahahah

Josey Jewell, yeah, that guy is really gonna clean up on NFL DPOY awards :pound:
My statement was Bosa was never the best defender on the B10 and was certainly never the best player in the B10. That has nothing to do with the pros . App I'm saying is I wouldn't take a guy at 1 who was never the best in his own league especially if he's coming off injury. There are plenty of other guys who were better than Bosa in college and who grade out similarly . You're a OSU fan do I don't expect you to agree

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My statement was Bosa was never the best defender on the B10 and was certainly never the best player in the B10. That has nothing to do with the pros . App I'm saying is I wouldn't take a guy at 1 who was never the best in his own league especially if he's coming off injury. There are plenty of other guys who were better than Bosa in college and who grade out similarly . You're a OSU fan do I don't expect you to agree

Your statement was at no point was he the best player in the B10. I'd say he was the first 3 games this year.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tbh sounds like a chris Long not worth his draft position, but will be a decent player after some seasoning

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your statement was at no point was he the best player in the B10. I'd say he was the first 3 games this year.
Lots of guys had comparable numbers the first 3 games of this year so tough to say . If you want to say so that's fine by me but hes going to need to do it way more consistently than 3 games vs overmatched competition in the NFL

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To answer the thread question without reading anything, I'm going to say no

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of guys had comparable numbers the first 3 games of this year so tough to say . If you want to say so that's fine by me but hes going to need to do it way more consistently than 3 games vs overmatched competition in the NFL

First off, lots of guys in the B10 did not have comparable numbers. That's made up. Second, teams focused game plans on him in college. That is hard to value.

I'll buy the injury complaint, it is legit and worrisome for a high 1st round pick. The "well he isn't that good" idea is terrible. The guys technique is really really good and should he stay healthy he will have an immediate impact just like his brother did

Reactions: gob

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, lots of guys in the B10 did not have comparable numbers. That's made up. Second, teams focused game plans on him in college. That is hard to value.

I'll buy the injury complaint, it is legit and worrisome for a high 1st round pick. The "well he isn't that good" idea is terrible. The guys technique is really really good and should he stay healthy he will have an immediate impact just like his brother did
You're wrong but I don't care enough about bosa to get into it . Good luck to him . I hope he succeeds

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to LTs being top 3 picks? Seems like it’s been awhile Since we’ve had some consistency at that position in the draft.

AZ needs some Oline help for that QB. Especially if Aaron Donald is still playing at a high level

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
His stats are not #1 pick worthy. Some might argue that his 2018 stats are skewed because of injury.
My response... EXACTLY!

I admittedly am not a college expert, so can somebody please explain why he is the draft darling this year?

I really, really, really want the Cards to trade out of the # 1 position.

View attachment 196019

Sack numbers usually translate well to the NFL, but there's a lot more to it than that. JPP had 6.5 sacks his last year in college. Everson Griffen had 8.

Bosa is probably not as good as Q. Williams as a prospect, but he's easily the best DE in the class. By a decent margin. Health is the only concern with this guy.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give a name lets see the stats.
Well one o know for sure is Epenesa from Iowa. 4 sacks , 2 FF, 4-5 tackles per game the first 3. Same as Bosa. Haven't looked it up but Coughlin from Minnesota had a killer start as well. Those are just guys they play the same style as Bosa. Tons of guys had more tackles than him through 3 games ( think he had 12 or 14 total ), lots of dbs had great starts as well . Bosa had a great start for sure but not any better than multiple other guys then he didn't play anymore so.... Yeah

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only negative is health. That's probably questionable

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're wrong but I don't care enough about bosa to get into it . Good luck to him . I hope he succeeds

1 month avy bet. If Nick stays healthy for 10 or more games, he leads all rookies in sacks. If he plays in less than 10 then it's a push.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 month avy bet. If Nick stays healthy for 10 or more games, he leads all rookies in sacks. If he plays in less than 10 then it's a push.
Sure I'm always game for a bet plus I like Bosa so even if I lose it's whatever lol.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
It's very rare you see a DT go #1 anymore, since the 80's.

'90s. Dan Wilkinson in 1994. Steve Emtman in 1992 and Russell Maryland in 1991 before that.

But Suh was the first non-QB taken in 2010. And DT has been the 2nd or 3rd non-QB taken in a lot of drafts. 1997, 2003, 2011, 1992, 1990.

DT is just a hair behind DE in terms of relative value, and it's probably equal to OLT. So a DT going #1 overall isn't out of the question at all.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just another brittle Bosa bitch from a distant view. But that’s just me.

Makes sense for the Cards, they drafted a brittle guy last year with their first pick, might as well waste another 1st round pick.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your delusional. I just said Bosa wasn’t worth the #1 pick. You brought up Watt, for whatever reason. Watt was not a top 10 pick. Where is you delusional ass going with this?

OK...Lets start at the beginning, shall we?

You started your opinion off by 1) posting his college stats - as an indication of how 'good' he appears to be, and 2) admitted you're not some college expert, and therefore asked as to why he's the #1 guy.

I posted links 1) to where the Draftnetwork's Jon Ledyard breaks down the elite edge rushers of the last 5 years and how Nick Bosa compares, and 2) another set of 'inferior stats' put up by JJ Watt in college, thus showing how numbers/talent do not exactly translate from college to the pros.

You couldn't address the first link, because it's obviously beyond your admitted limited college football knowledge. Ledyard/Draftnetwork is a very good source for information in regards to prospects, and they provided a comparison with Nick Bosa to NFL All Pro-type players. Your only response to the second was that 'JJ Watt didn't go top 10.' My second point clearly shows that JJ Watt, given his pro NFL career, could've easily been picked #1, and nobody could say anything against it. Where he 'fell' in the draft is completely irrelevant now.

It also shows how college stats aren't the be-all/end-all....it's the actual ability to translate to the NFL that counts. Again...right from the first link:

It’s important to remember that until this season, which lasted only three games for Nick, he played in a decent rotation simply due to Ohio State’s absurd depth at the position, so his snap counts probably aren’t where the others are. Also, his per-game production is still pretty insane, which is really the way to look at this.

Every so-called college expert generally agrees that Nick Bosa is the best edge rusher in the draft - a position coveted more than any other except for QB - and as of right now, the best by a noticeable gap in a draft filled with a lot of high quality pass rushers from the outside. He, along with Quinnen Williams, are now looked at as the 2 guys separating themselves from everybody else.

Given that you really aren't interested in a 'realistic discussion,' I don't see the need to continue much further. I've shown exactly why he can go #1, and I haven't seen much to refute it....especially from you.

Last edited: