• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can we have a serious discussion: Draymond Green edition

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we have a serious discussion about Draymond Green around here for a minute?

I know there are tons of people who hate his demeanor. No argument there. I want to toss out personal preference of the guy in trying to evaluate his actual impact and value to a team.

In my opinion, there are not 10 players in the NBA who impact the game more significantly than Draymond Green. That's not to say there aren't more talented players but overall what he does for a team is often times underrated and underappreciated, especially when it comes to defensive schemes. So I wanted to get a gauge of what you guys actually think of him. I guess it would be best to start a baseline discussion from the following questions:

1) Where do you rank Draymond Green in terms of overall players in the NBA? Top 10, top 25, top 50?
2) Do you think Draymond Green is a product of the system or would he be nearly as successful on other teams? Is it a mixture of both?
3) Do you think Draymond is on a HOF trajectory or should be worthy of consideration if he keeps his current pace of play for say 4 more season.
4) What do you think his open market value would be, contract-wise?
5) Would you want him on your team and does he make your team better?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Where do you rank Draymond Green in terms of overall players in the NBA? Top 10, top 25, top 50?

Between top 25 and 50. I'll say more 25-35 when he's at his best. Not the Dray we saw earlier this season.

2) Do you think Draymond Green is a product of the system or would he be nearly as successful on other teams? Is it a mixture of both?

Yes he is a product of the system. He wouldn't be nearly as good on another team.

3) Do you think Draymond is on a HOF trajectory or should be worthy of consideration if he keeps his current pace of play for say 4 more season.

He would need to add a few more AS appearances, DPOY, and all defensive teams for me to consider him for the HOF.

4 yr/84 mil

No I wouldn't. He need to be on a team with stars/superstars IMO. Heat already got players similar to him. No need for another

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know there are tons of people who hate his demeanor. No argument there. I want to toss out personal preference of the guy in trying to evaluate his actual impact and value to a team.

In my opinion, there are not 10 players in the NBA who impact the game more significantly than Draymond Green. That's not to say there aren't more talented players but overall what he does for a team is often times underrated and underappreciated, especially when it comes to defensive schemes. So I wanted to get a gauge of what you guys actually think of him. I guess it would be best to start a baseline discussion from the following questions:

1. 51st :D
2. He wouldn't be as successful anywhere else because he wouldn't be surrounded by as much talent. But would be productive.
3. 50/50. The only player I can think of in recent memory that's in the HOF but averged less than 10.0 ppg is Rodman (Dray 9.1). That's more than Rodman (7.3). Dray isn't the rebounding machine Rodman was obviously. But if gets in it wouldn't surprise me. He's an important piece of the Warriors dynasty.
4. Godd question & I have no idea
5. Hell yes. Wouldn't even think twice about it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only other teams I would see him possibly meshing with are:

Lakers - if they were to get another star alongside Lebron, he would fit.
Possibly the Spurs - Pop could utilize him in an effective way. Just don't think Pop would take his bullshit.

I don't see many other fits tbh. I think Lebron-star-Draymond could be a good fit but that's about it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Possibly the Spurs - Pop could utilize him in an effective way. Just don't think Pop would take his bullshit.

I don't see many other fits tbh. I think Lebron-star-Draymond could be a good fit but that's about it.

He would be nice on Portland also IMO

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) Somewhere between 15 and 25

2) Mix of both

3) He's going to be a HoFer for sure. Multiple rings, multiple all star appearances, a few individual awards (DPOY)

4) The way the league works, he's getting the max. Now if it were unstructured like baseball, he shouldn't be paid like a top star (Lebron, Curry, KD) but instead should be on a tier below that. But that's not how the NBA market works. The Max System is somewhat broken. It pays all of the stars the same (% wise) even though all stars aren't the same.

5) Yes...to a point. The team needs shooting on it though. Not Curry/Klay levels, but at least some shooters. There's got to be a little space. Like you couldn't plug him on last year's Lakers with that garbage Lance/Rondo/Beasley crew and expect Green to make them significantly better.

Last edited:

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With the shooting guards have now a days and the talent depth at the point guard position I think he'd thrive on a lot of teams. Off the top of my head:

Portland - as BK mentioned
Celtics
Rockets
Nuggets
Bucks
Raptors

Mostly all the contenders right now could use him. He's incredible in the pick and roll and not even necessarily as just a wide open option if the guard gets doubled. There do need to be the right parts around him for him to be his best self, but I think there's a lot of quality teams he could go to and benefit them. He'd basically be great with any dominant PG/SG, IMO.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green needs the perfect system to thrive. He should thank the lord every night he was drafted by GS.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a lot of posts about Green mostly relating to his offensive ability. Any one think he'd be incredibly valuable to their team just defensively?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green needs the perfect system to thrive. He should thank the lord every night he was drafted by GS.

More and more teams are trying to run that system though. That is the new NBA.

He's probably ranked somewhere around 20-25 IMO, and a fringe all-star due to depth in the West. I would definitely take him on my team, but that decision becomes tougher as he gets more expensive. I do think that Golden State is the only team that should give him the max, given his perfect fit with the roster and coaching staff.

He's had a breakthrough this past series, realizing he was complaining too much and just put his head down and is playing hard. He and Steph have stepped up and filled any void created by Durant's injury; this is the Dray we raved about a few years back.

I'm sure nobody will try to compare him to Nance Jr anymore, lol (or even Love).

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More and more teams are trying to run that system though. That is the new NBA.

He's probably ranked somewhere around 20-25 IMO, and a fringe all-star due to depth in the West. I would definitely take him on my team, but that decision becomes tougher as he gets more expensive. I do think that Golden State is the only team that should give him the max, given his perfect fit with the roster and coaching staff.

He's had a breakthrough this past series, realizing he was complaining too much and just put his head down and is playing hard. He and Steph have stepped up and filled any void created by Durant's injury; this is the Dray we raved about a few years back.

I'm sure nobody will try to compare him to Nance Jr anymore, lol (or even Love).
Also, like Iggy and Curry, there's regular season mode and playoff mode. Dray doesn't have to prove anything in the regular season anymore

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will say he has played far better in the playoffs than I expected. He's been exceptional. To answer your questions.......

1) top 50
2) Mixture. I would like to find out before he goes downhill
3) tough one, I guess I might say yes if he played 4 more seasons like he has the last month or 2. Like the first 3-4 months? No.
4) Too lazy to look up his age but assuming late 20s/early 30s. I don't think he's worth it, but someone would give him a max or near max. And value is what someone will pay you. What's he worth? Probably 4 years, $8085 mil.
5) sure, and yes if he is just added to my current team (not dumping someone to have him). I would still say he would not make our Finals' teams better if we had him instead of, say, Love (not a Love vs. Green debate, just Love's shooting needed on that team). But adding him would certainly make them better.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only if the other star could shoot with another lesser player or 2 who can shoot.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, he is no Larry Nance or anything...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) I say toward the end of the top 25. Somewhere between 20 and 30.
2) Both. He is more than a product of the system, but he is a role player in the wrong system. Time with KD illustrates that a bit. I think he can be highly successful in other systems too, but not all systems.
3) Definitely. Ring this year gives him 4. 4 titles + DPOY = HOF. He doesn't even need to accomplish that much more because of how great this dynasty has been. He just can't turn into a role player overnight.
4) Somebody is maxing him if he plays like this next year, and I think he will.
5) Yes. I would always want a competitor like that on my team. Always.