• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can we have a serious discussion: Draymond Green edition

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You agree? Well I'm disappointed. To be honest though I didn't read past the 1st two words. So have no idea what you said after that.
OK....let's switch it up to say "what are you nuts? He's at best a decent reserve and we should have a debate on who is better between Green and Tony Snell."

Better?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reminder to those saying Dray wouldn't be as productive elsewhere...

His stats have been down because of Kevin Durant. The ball doesn't move as much with KD and he doesn't need to do as much offensively.

He will never be a go-to scorer, nor should he be. But I think he could be a good distributor point forward on a good team that is much less stacked as long as they have a system that revolves around ball movement.

He is doing so well right now because this version of GS needs him to do MORE.

Yeah he's never had to score just pass the ball, play defense, rebound. Push the ball

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond is an elite player. You don't have to be a great scorer to be an elite player. He's an elite role player, always has been

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK....let's switch it up to say "what are you nuts? He's at best a decent reserve and we should have a debate on who is better between Green and Tony Snell."

Better?

Okay we can have a Draymond/Tony Snell who's better debate. I say Draymond's better. Debate over. I win.:yes: Can the next topic wait until I get home from work today?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can take it as well as anyone, but to be fair never compared TT and Dray.

This is kind of an old joke, but got going well before you got here. wiggy was saying for the longest time TT > Whiteside.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay we can have a Draymond/Tony Snell who's better debate. I say Draymond's better. Debate over. I win.:yes: Can the next topic wait until I get home from work today?
I will disagree so as not to disappoint.....but give me a minute.

OK.....I'm going Snell as he's more of a team player. He volunteered to sit out the ECF to be well rested for the Finals.

That wasn't easy.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a funny story about Kyle Korver.

During his commencement speech to grads @ his alma mater Crieghton he told them the story about how the Nets traded him in 2003 for cash considerations.

The money they got in the trade was used on summer league fees & a copy machine. The copy machine recently broke & Korver has become one of the best 3 point shooters in league history.

:pound:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond is an elite player. You don't have to be a great scorer to be an elite player. He's an elite role player, always has been
not really sure a role player can be truly elite. But I can buy he's among the best of the role players in the NBA. Can there also be elite bench players? Elite garbage time players?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a funny story about Kyle Korver.

During his commencement speech to grads @ his alma mater Crieghton he told them the story about how the Nets traded him in 2003 for cash considerations.

The money they got in the trade was used on summer league fees & a copy machine. The copy machine recently broke & Korver has become one of the best 3 point shooters in league history.

:pound:
hope they used the summer league fees wisely.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we have a serious discussion about Draymond Green around here for a minute?

I know there are tons of people who hate his demeanor. No argument there. I want to toss out personal preference of the guy in trying to evaluate his actual impact and value to a team.

In my opinion, there are not 10 players in the NBA who impact the game more significantly than Draymond Green. That's not to say there aren't more talented players but overall what he does for a team is often times underrated and underappreciated, especially when it comes to defensive schemes. So I wanted to get a gauge of what you guys actually think of him. I guess it would be best to start a baseline discussion from the following questions:

1) Where do you rank Draymond Green in terms of overall players in the NBA? Top 10, top 25, top 50?
2) Do you think Draymond Green is a product of the system or would he be nearly as successful on other teams? Is it a mixture of both?
3) Do you think Draymond is on a HOF trajectory or should be worthy of consideration if he keeps his current pace of play for say 4 more season.
4) What do you think his open market value would be, contract-wise?
5) Would you want him on your team and does he make your team better?

He's the one who can't keep his hands off other players' dicks, right?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will disagree so as not to disappoint.....but give me a minute.

OK.....I'm going Snell as he's more of a team player. He volunteered to sit out the ECF to be more well rested for the Finals.

That wasn't easy.

Yeah but Dray's playing w/ renewed energy after his wife & mother told him to stop being such a jackass on the court. Snell's good. But he doesn't have the all around around game Dray has. Plus DG's a BigTen guy that didn't play in ann arbor. I always root for former conference players as long as their colors aren't maze 'n blew.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know, you asked for a "serious discussion". That means that people provide an opinion and it's discussed. So I did. What did I get from the OP who wanted a "serious discussion"? Nothing but a silly shit answer. Come back when you reach 18 and know more about basketball.

You're a fucking leper.

LOL. So mad bro. Smoke a bowl and enjoy the day.

For me I feel like cleaning the house helps keep me in a good mental space. I'll probably end up sweeping some floors. I haven't put my broom back away from Monday.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the one who can't keep his hands off other players' dicks, right?

I think it's more the balls, than the shaft, but yeah probably the same one.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not really sure a role player can be truly elite. But I can buy he's among the best of the role players in the NBA. Can there also be elite bench players? Elite garbage time players?

Elite garbage time players hmmm you got me thinking there

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I'm aware. Almost like winning a GG in a sense. Win one and you'll get them for life.

No matter how often I admit I'm wrong I'll always be the guy who never admits he's wrong, and will be accused by those who live to argue as the guy who only wants to argue.

And I wouldn't change a thing.
Ever wonder why that is?