• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can we have a serious discussion: Draymond Green edition

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between top 25 and 50. I'll say more 25-35 when he's at his best. Not the Dray we saw earlier this season.

Yes he is a product of the system. He wouldn't be nearly as good on another team.

He would need to add a few more AS appearances, DPOY, and all defensive teams for me to consider him for the HOF.

4 yr/84 mil

No I wouldn't. He need to be on a team with stars/superstars IMO. Heat already got players similar to him. No need for another
Isn't all players "product of the/a system"? Jordan was a different player out of Chicago.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reminder to those saying Dray wouldn't be as productive elsewhere...

His stats have been down because of Kevin Durant. The ball doesn't move as much with KD and he doesn't need to do as much offensively.

He will never be a go-to scorer, nor should he be. But I think he could be a good distributor point forward on a good team that is much less stacked as long as they have a system that revolves around ball movement.

He is doing so well right now because this version of GS needs him to do MORE.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reminder to those saying Dray wouldn't be as productive elsewhere...

His stats have been down because of Kevin Durant. The ball doesn't move as much with KD and he doesn't need to do as much offensively.

He will never be a go-to scorer, nor should he be. But I think he could be a good distributor point forward on a good team that is much less stacked as long as they have a system that revolves around ball movement.

He is doing so well right now because this version of GS needs him to do MORE.
I agree with this, but does help to have 2 of the best shooters on his team to open things up. If he has to be better than a team's 3rd best player I don't think that team is going very far.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this, but does help to have 2 of the best shooters on his team to open things up. If he has to be better than a team's 3rd best player I don't think that team is going very far.

It all depends how you define best player. Dray doesn't fit the cookie cutter mold of how people typically discuss "best players" because he doesn't score that well.

Like Klay, if you are building a team around him, it would have to be an intelligent system.

But, for example, take Curry, KD and Cousins off the Warriors and replace them with quality role players, and they are still a playoff team. Might even win a series.

How do I know this?

Because they have. They essentially won 2 playoff series with Klay and Dray as the best 2 players in 2016 with Curry out. Went 3-1 vs both the Rockets and Blazers, Curry returned for game 5.

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Where do you rank Draymond Green in terms of overall players in the NBA? Top 10, top 25, top 50? TOP 50- MAYBE. I THINK MORE LIKE TOP 100.

2) Do you think Draymond Green is a product of the system or would he be nearly as successful on other teams? Is it a mixture of both? PRODUCT OF THE SYSTEM ALL THE WAY. LIKE RODMAN OR PIPPEN TO DA BULLS, SO IS GREEN TO GS.

3) Do you think Draymond is on a HOF trajectory or should be worthy of consideration if he keeps his current pace of play for say 4 more season. PROBABLY NOT. HIS STATS DON’T MAKE IT AND PLAYERS DON’T GET INTO THE HALL FOR DEFENSE AND DOING THE DIRTY WORK.

4) What do you think his open market value would be, contract-wise? $15 MIL, GIVE OR TAKE.

5) Would you want him on your team and does he make your team better? SURE. I’M NOT SO SURE HOW MUCH BETTER HE’D MAKE OUR TEAM. MANY A PLAYER THAT WAS INDESEPSIBLE ON ONE TEAM ISN’T SO ON ANOTHER.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Where do you rank Draymond Green in terms of overall players in the NBA? Top 10, top 25, top 50? TOP 50- MAYBE. I THINK MORE LIKE TOP 100.

2) Do you think Draymond Green is a product of the system or would he be nearly as successful on other teams? Is it a mixture of both? PRODUCT OF THE SYSTEM ALL THE WAY. LIKE RODMAN OR PIPPEN TO DA BULLS, SO IS GREEN TO GS.

3) Do you think Draymond is on a HOF trajectory or should be worthy of consideration if he keeps his current pace of play for say 4 more season. PROBABLY NOT. HIS STATS DON’T MAKE IT AND PLAYERS DON’T GET INTO THE HALL FOR DEFENSE AND DOING THE DIRTY WORK.

4) What do you think his open market value would be, contract-wise? $15 MIL, GIVE OR TAKE.

5) Would you want him on your team and does he make your team better? SURE. I’M NOT SO SURE HOW MUCH BETTER HE’D MAKE OUR TEAM. MANY A PLAYER THAT WAS INDESEPSIBLE ON ONE TEAM ISN’T SO ON ANOTHER.

If you swapped Draymond for Aminu, the Blazers are in the finals right now. I don't understand at all how you'd say he wouldn't make your team better, lol. Draymond is literally the perfect fit for your team and would elevate Dame and CJ to a level you haven't seen yet.

Not even top 50, more like top 100? Lol.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we have a serious discussion about Draymond Green around here for a minute?

I know there are tons of people who hate his demeanor. No argument there. I want to toss out personal preference of the guy in trying to evaluate his actual impact and value to a team.

In my opinion, there are not 10 players in the NBA who impact the game more significantly than Draymond Green. That's not to say there aren't more talented players but overall what he does for a team is often times underrated and underappreciated, especially when it comes to defensive schemes. So I wanted to get a gauge of what you guys actually think of him. I guess it would be best to start a baseline discussion from the following questions:

1) Where do you rank Draymond Green in terms of overall players in the NBA? Top 10, top 25, top 50?
2) Do you think Draymond Green is a product of the system or would he be nearly as successful on other teams? Is it a mixture of both?
3) Do you think Draymond is on a HOF trajectory or should be worthy of consideration if he keeps his current pace of play for say 4 more season.
4) What do you think his open market value would be, contract-wise?
5) Would you want him on your team and does he make your team better?

1. Top 25.

2. Both. The Warriors system fits his skill set perfectly, but he could thrive in other systems as well. It would need to be a system based on ball movement though. He wouldn't fit very well in an iso based system.

3. I don't think he'll be first ballot, but he'll get in. It'll just take a minute and maybe some lobbying from guys who played with him, for folks to realize how important he was. But he'll get in.

4. Hard to say. He'd be worth a lot to a team that is close to a title. 4/$80?

5. He would be a bit of a redundancy with Lebron and Lonzo already on the team. His skill set would fit though. So he wouldn't hurt them. But I don't know as that he would make all of that much difference because they need shooting more.

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you swapped Draymond for Aminu, the Blazers are in the finals right now. I don't understand at all how you'd say he wouldn't make your team better, lol. Draymond is literally the perfect fit for your team and would elevate Dame and CJ to a level you haven't seen yet.

Not even top 50, more like top 100? Lol.

You're a homer with myopia.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a homer with myopia.

Literally everyone around here has him pegged somewhere similar, except you. Maybe I'm not the homer you want me to be because you can't realistically judge a player.

Notice I didn't question you on your valuation of his product of the system nor his HOF credentials. Because those are valid. But LOL at the rest.

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Literally everyone around here has him pegged somewhere similar, except you. Maybe I'm not the homer you want me to be because you can't realistically judge a player.

Notice I didn't question you on your valuation of his product of the system nor his HOF credentials. Because those are valid. But LOL at the rest.
Ya know, you asked for a "serious discussion". That means that people provide an opinion and it's discussed. So I did. What did I get from the OP who wanted a "serious discussion"? Nothing but a silly shit answer. Come back when you reach 18 and know more about basketball.

You're a fucking leper.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd love to have him on my team. seems like the ideal teammate.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your rep is secure, don't worry
Oh, I'm aware. Almost like winning a GG in a sense. Win one and you'll get them for life.

No matter how often I admit I'm wrong I'll always be the guy who never admits he's wrong, and will be accused by those who live to argue as the guy who only wants to argue.

And I wouldn't change a thing.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You agree? Well I'm disappointed. To be honest though I didn't read past the 1st two words. So have no idea what you said after that.