• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just a little help (Way Too Long League Edition)

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, so I know I haven't been very active this year so yeah, I suck. But I do have a problem that I can't seem to figure out so Imma ask fer some help. As most of you prolly remember, this is the league that goes into the NFL Championship week so yeah, it's kinda weird. Guys like Hunt and Godwin are still keepable cuz they have a shot to be active week 19. Yes, confusing. I'm currently 4-6 but unlike most other leagues I still have 8 games left and I'm only 2 games out. So here is my roster.........don't laugh too hard!

1700357551658.png
If you notice there on the bottom, I have Herbert on IR and I will have to either drop Herbert or one of these other guise. I think the easiest drop would be Howell, but I need to keep him to help me actual win games in order just to make the playoffs. Godwin and Kirk are my only shot at playoff WR's and the only truly droppable RB I have is Stevenson. So I'm thinking I either drop Kyler or Brown. Who would you drop?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd would try to package one of your RBs and one of your WRs for an upgrade at some position. Herbert may not make it into your starting lineup but you would hate to just cut him.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd would try to package one of your RBs and one of your WRs for an upgrade at some position. Herbert may not make it into your starting lineup but you would hate to just cut him.
Unfortunately nobody will trade with me........they hate me......................lol. Much easier in this league when you don't have to worry about just making the playoffs.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I’d drop Brown… could be risky if Kyler gets going but probably better than turfing Howell in case Kyler doesn’t get going.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I’d drop Brown… could be risky if Kyler gets going but probably better than turfing Howell in case Kyler doesn’t get going.
That's where I'm at now. Howell might actually be my keeper fer a 19th rounder. Or McBride fer a 19th. Sucks HAVING to keep TLaw..........wish tCommanders were better.................lol.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just cut Herbert if you have to make a call before kickoff tomorrow

1) bears aren't playing past week 18
2) still have their bye week coming up
3) Foreman is a better runner even if Herbert is more explosive
4) they face some tough run Ds before and after their bye week
5) I think Stevenson outscores Herbert rest of season, and I don't think it'll be close
6) you really ever gonna start Herbert over CMC, Mostert, Mixon? Doubtful, but I could see starting Hollywood with some nice matchups ahead considering your rag tag group of WR2/3 types

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree w/ @SmokingMonkey
Howell is a top 5 fantasy QB. Keep him and drop AZ players. Kyler first.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

5) I think Stevenson outscores Herbert rest of season, and I don't think it'll be close
6) you really ever gonna start Herbert over CMC, Mostert, Mixon? Doubtful, but I could see starting Hollywood with some nice matchups ahead considering your rag tag group of WR2/3 types
Thanks man. Herbert was looking like he was ready to go when he got hurt. More about keeping him from the RB needy teams....doubt I start him but maybe 1 time. Regardless if I do make a run he'll eventually be a drop.....originally I was thinking to drop Sutton or Kyler but now it's between Herbert and Brown

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with the just cut Herbert crowd. I don't see how you are starting him anyway. And on another note, I'm not sure why you would say not to laugh at your team unless you just copied and pasted that from last year, because this is a good team.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with the just cut Herbert crowd. I don't see how you are starting him anyway. And on another note, I'm not sure why you would say not to laugh at your team unless you just copied and pasted that from last year, because this is a good team.
It's 4-6......barely
Lost 2 on the D6 and won 2 on the D6
Have played the wrong guys week in and week out.....oh shit....maybe it's not the team that sucks.....hmmm....also keeping TLaw fer a 13th instead of Tua fer a 4th has pretty well screwed me.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna hurt but think Imma cut Herbert. So snag him in any league you can.....lol. If I win I'll have to start shopping fer a playoff TE.....thinking Likely

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who Sammy i think Smoke has laid it out pretty well.... very nice detail...