• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Way Too Long League-The End Edition

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here we go, just as I started to like this league, stupid shit happens again, and fer a change I'm not involved. Just to remind you all, this is a league with a lot of rich dudes, chicks, and well, me. $150 buy in so yeah, not much but to these guise it's like nothing. They all have memberships to various Country Clubs in the Bay Area and shit like that. I on the other hand (and my buddy) do not. This league has been around fer about 40 years! So in the 7 seasons I have played in this league, I have always been under the impression that the league did not go into the SB. But alas, I guess at one time it did. It was confusing as all hell as it was an actual extension of week 20 where if you could sit a player in week 20, take a chance on that team getting into the SB and starting him then. Seems stupid, but alas (again) this could be helpful. What if you had an injured player on IR that could come back week 21? Guess what? We have that situation right now. We have 2 teams separated by a little less than 10 points. That is definitely a lot in this league (150 yards or a TD and 60 yards) so not an easy task but very doable. Anyway, the one chick has CEH on IR and is convinced she should be able to start him. There was never a rule on this until 2018, which clearly states the season ends in week 20. The problem? My buddy (the Commish) put this rule in without a vote. So now we have owners pissed as now my buddy resigned and it looks like the league will end. In his defense (as some of you might know) being the Commish of this league would suck ass and IMO require a salary..........lol. Sorry this was so long winded, but I just thought you all might like to know that The Way Too Long League might actually be The Way Too Short League now. Bummer.

EDIT: Oh, and this is the Toilet Bowl, not the Championship.................lol. Over like $150...........the buy in.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:think:
Maybe a MBBRL Way Too Long League?
MBBRLWTLL

NOT IT.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here we go, just as I started to like this league, stupid shit happens again, and fer a change I'm not involved. Just to remind you all, this is a league with a lot of rich dudes, chicks, and well, me. $150 buy in so yeah, not much but to these guise it's like nothing. They all have memberships to various Country Clubs in the Bay Area and shit like that. I on the other hand (and my buddy) do not. This league has been around fer about 40 years! So in the 7 seasons I have played in this league, I have always been under the impression that the league did not go into the SB. But alas, I guess at one time it did. It was confusing as all hell as it was an actual extension of week 20 where if you could sit a player in week 20, take a chance on that team getting into the SB and starting him then. Seems stupid, but alas (again) this could be helpful. What if you had an injured player on IR that could come back week 21? Guess what? We have that situation right now. We have 2 teams separated by a little less than 10 points. That is definitely a lot in this league (150 yards or a TD and 60 yards) so not an easy task but very doable. Anyway, the one chick has CEH on IR and is convinced she should be able to start him. There was never a rule on this until 2018, which clearly states the season ends in week 20. The problem? My buddy (the Commish) put this rule in without a vote. So now we have owners pissed as now my buddy resigned and it looks like the league will end. In his defense (as some of you might know) being the Commish of this league would suck ass and IMO require a salary..........lol. Sorry this was so long winded, but I just thought you all might like to know that The Way Too Long League might actually be The Way Too Short League now. Bummer.

EDIT: Oh, and this is the Toilet Bowl, not the Championship.................lol. Over like $150...........the buy in.

So if the commissioner put the rule in and let it be known to everybody that is the new rule starting in 2019 then that's the rule. I'm not sure why everybody thinks fantasy leagues should be a damn democracy. You can try and get a sense of what everybody wants to do as far as rule changes, but essentially it's your league and if you want to make the change and it's a deal breaker for any other owner, then there are plenty of other leagues they can be in.